Givenchy S/S 2015 Paris

this looks horribly uninspired. i guess he's too busy being fanboy to kanye to really care about making astounding work anymore.

I agree. The collection feels unfocused and very dull.

I love it a lot, but I can see it already being over-editorialized and every piece on the runway on the red carpet :/

It seems like same ole Tisci for Givenchy to me. Not exactly a bad thing, not particularly innovative either.

i love it totally,it's very cooool.although some people said that it's reminiscent of 2008/2009 givenchy,it's dated...what i said?luckily...i haven't seen the shows of givenchy 2008/2009 or even more previous shows..so every detail for me is so fresh.cool can express all about such a show

i am concerned about the fashion only these season..so anything for me is fresh...luckily....:mrgreen:

I'm totally in love with this collection, remind me of his heyday.

I absolutely loved this collection. There wasn't a piece that I didn't like. I really don't care if it's a rehash, the collection looks beautiful and wearable for the most part. I've always preferred the Gothic/Romanti Tisci. :wub: :heart:

I feel it's very repetitive.. I expect more from Givenchy :mellow:

Bravo to Suzy Menkez and her brave review which opens up a lot of issues in today's fashion.

Givenchy: Tyrol Modern

Who are fashion collections for? The audience at Givenchy was worked into an intricate pinball pattern with chairs winding past high, draped stage-set curtains.

Perhaps the catwalk is now designed mainly for celebrities, their partners, their people and their kids – since Kim Kardashian and baby North, both in sheer black chiffon, seemed to be strategically positioned at the Givenchy show.

Or maybe the designer Riccardo Tisci was thinking about online, all those myriad viewers for the latest Givenchy collection who can watch and re-live the low-bosomed bodices, leaving ample space for a religious cross and the view from behind – gladiator skirts way up there and boots that left toes and the high thigh dangerously exposed.

That is what I glimpsed from my vantage point on a raking curve: about 2.1 seconds as the models raced to my left from one turn to another; less than a second as they came back round the corner. My subsequent smartphone images were a total blur and my notebook half a page of scribbles.

This was, in any sense of the phrase, a “peep show”. I glimpsed a laced-up chest that looked like Heidi had come down from the Tyrolean mountains to a sex club. There were lines of metallic rivets and centurion skirts, which recalled the gladiators and graphic black and white patterns last seen at Fausto Puglisi’s show in Milan.

The thing I grasped from the clothes was that they were hot – as in sexy – and intricately made with intense workmanship, beautifully executed.

It did not seem enough for the hour-long wait or to be able to make a judgement on such a fine designer.
Suzy Menkez/Vogue.it

i love suzy's review. it's weird to think she probably saw less than i saw on the livestream (although, i must say: who the hell directed that mess? half of the stream were random shots of people's heads and long shots of the venue, some looks weren't even shown, wtf?). the media circus around the whole kardashian family (both sitting and walking the show, kris jenner included), the costum made sheer dress for kanye's daughter... everything seemed more thought after than the actual clothes. like i've said, there's some very beautiful pieces in the collection, and considering what others have been showing it's probably gonna end up being one of my favourite ones this season, but this tisci best-of was nowhere near innovative or particularly news worthy.

also, considering the rumors about him leaving, i also felt like this could be a 'goodbye' collection since it basically sums up most of his previous work.

I really like this collection. To me it's the mood of the season. We need this zest in fashion. And I'm happy that he's referencing himself. He's a master by his own.

I agree. The collection feels unfocused and very dull.

I agree too. Feels like he has announced he will be leaving the house and then went on to produce something like this.

Nice collection, yes a bit dated and very "inspired" by Nicolas and Miuccia but it has nice pieces that girls will rush to get. It feels like a F/W collection though and I can already see the boots going terribly wrong on the average person trying to squeeze themselves in them.

I'm surprised by the lack of bags in this collection, given the constant use of leather you would assume every look would have one or more variations of bags that follow the same techniques and patterns as the clothing.

Suzy's review gave me hope. I'm glad that fashion critics are pointing out what Tisci's real problem is: his shows have basically become a red carpet for celebrities to show off themselves. It's sad when people talk with much more interest about North West's outfit, than the collection itself, which wasn't even that bad, when compared to his latest few shows for Givenchy.

Soundstrack!

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE give me the entire soundtrack list from the Givenchy show?? I'm especially looking for the track in the finale! I know it was The Martinez Brothers who mixed everything together but I can't find out the last track! I LOOOVE it, it's so cooool!! :D Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->