Christian Dior S/S 2015 Paris

Beautiful collection from Raf. After looking at the details, I have rolled back any scepticism I may have had. I simply love it. It's very precise this time around and minimal yet subtly detailed. It's great how he has insisted on his new vision for Dior which is relevant to today's world. There's a lot of stuff here that will appeal to a great spectrum of women. I love those coats at the end and even the clinical looking white dresses. I would however like to see him experiment in more obvious ways next season, like he did at Jil Sander.

While it is perfectly understandable that this isn't everyone's cup of tea, it would be disingenuous to write this off as lazy without taking the time to digest the very intricate details. Also, can we also let the Galliano thing go? It's not as though towards the end of his time at Dior his collections (particularly in RTW) were bland and somewhat irrelevant. It's been almost 4 years, I think we should move on!

i preferred raf's minimalist work at jil sander so i haven't been too pleased with a lot of his work at dior.

some of this is bad, like those flowered nighties or black drawstrings on ill-fitting white shorts, but this collection also shows some promise at times: for example the dress heatheranne singled out is lovely and the longer skirt version too. so it's hit and miss, but not all miss, for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate that egg shape hoop skirt.
this collection is truly disappointing, same thing, same hairstyle, and i hope he go back to Jil sander. Its the place where he truly belongs.

It is not the first time that I fall asleep watching a Dior by Simons Show,
being practical pijama lines doesn't help but some details are nice to copy and dream and some pieces are beautiful and nothing else.

There was a time when Dior told us a story in clothes and made us cry, dream and inspire from every inch of the clothes to every note of the soundtrack. Now we HAVE to believe what CondeNast criticts says: "I'TS WOW, I'TS MODERN!, well maybe its true, modern now means boring.

Galliano lie us when he sent crazy outfits to catwalk and wereable precious things to store.
Is Raf making something like that? showing ugly pieces in catwalk and soldable pieces to stores?

It's nice, there are some gorgeous pieces but overall it's borderline boring. I think that Raf sometimes tends to overthink simplicity and ends up with something that's almost soulless. His couture collection was so stunning and this is just underwhelming.:\

This is dreadfully dull. Chic and and thoughtful clothes worked at Jil Sander but it's so lifeless here. He doesn't have to do Galliano theatrics but there is such a clinical melancholy with his shows. Some of the simple dresses work and the delicate print embroidery can translate well but also lots of ugly here. Those nightgowns are sad and the white quilted shorts look like toilet paper.

This is kinda regrettable:

nowfashion.com
Does this really look the same to you all? I mean it has a chain and a leather strap but that is it. If that was the case I would pull Yohji for good "trucker jackets" that Ann had last season...

Gosh this is simply sad. I mean, such a big production with the venue and decoration etc, but the clothes were just not good enough to pull of the name of Dior. I woundnt even watch the video for a second time.Putting on a all(almost all) white collection with some eletric music doenst make it modern and cool. Who would want to wear that balloon ball gown? It's a costume in a boring way. And the shorts, just so not fashionable... So sad.

There really is no point comparing this to Galliano. Dior has changed. Galliano was due for the boot anyway and Raf is a very different designer. Dior is changing. They want it to change and they support Raf's vision. Is it "Nice"?, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but its different and we all need to get over "Galliano Comparison" or what Dior USED to be.

This is their customer now.

My first thought when the first model stepped out: 'Oh my GOD he's stopped trying so hard."
Immediately you can see Raf, the clean lines, the unusual cuts of the sleeves.
This is super-modern Dior.
If Christian Dior, Gabrielle Chanel etc, were still alive, young and designing today, do you think they'd be doing their Bar suit and tweed suits over and over and over and over? I imagine they'd be pretty sick of it as it approaches a century.

Raf has got so close to eradicating the Dior stereotype.
It's popping up with the embroideries and the satins, which have always looked a little stuck on at last minute. I don't care how many artisans have slaved over those cuffs, he needs to bin them and continue with his ideas.
Didn't Galliano exhaust Dior's archives? Dior needs a facelift, and I think Raf's sometimes awkward but always interesting aesthetic will provide it.
EVENTUALLY.

Christian Dior invented the "New look"...Raf has invented "the old look" here.

Lol, are you aware of the fact that Dior's New Look had nothing to do with a new vision?

Lol, are you aware of the fact that Dior's New Look had nothing to do with a new vision?

Yes, I do. But it was more new for 1947, than what Raf´s vision is for today.

Last edited by a moderator:
The collection may seems boring from the catwalk photos.
But when you see the close up details, it's extraordinary .
The cut, the embellishments make the clothes unique and modern.
He has his own aesthetic of Dior and reinventing the very old archive. Nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->