Givenchy S/S 2024 Paris

I think it's an ok collection and I kinda surprised that he abandoned almost all of his streetwear vibe in this collection.
I don't know why they are so obsessed with the satin tailoring. Who's gonna wear that?
And that floral draped dress with cream satin across the waist, I just don't get this one

Watching the video and going over the collection again, I wonder how rushed this was to get out onto the runway.

The designs are very precarious and there's A LOT of Hollywood tape involved here. Even the way the models are moving you can tell they were told to not move too much as a nip slip was already expected. Some of the styling tricks and additions such as belts and hand placement begs the question of whether it was intended for the sake of the look, or just to help keep the dress in place on the body.

Poor Liu as well. Stumbling over the hem of her vest, which should have been picked up on in fittings.

Seems like we have come to a point with fashion design where we're supposed to fall enamored with 'interim-collections' that were previously panned before the arrival of a new creative director - A previously unthankful display of merch devoid of joy and personality that nobody really wanted (the brand often included)... Gucci felt this way in Milan but Givenchy has been on this autopilot for years, I would be astonished if LVMH allowed it to continue like that for another season because it's clear this won't turn into a success anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->