Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie:
Michael Emerson, "Lost"
Neil Patrick Harris, "How I Met Your Mother"
William Hurt, "Damages"
John Lithgow, "Dexter"
Jeremy Piven, "Entourage"

Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award:
Martin Scorsese.

I'm really rooting for Meryl Streep. Her portrayal of Julia Child was perfection. I have a feeling they're going to give everything to Precious.... Mo'nique was great in the movie, but everyone else was okay.

annoying that star trek was snubbed all around. and winona ryder in such a powerful performance....she deserved at least a nod.

Having my fingers crossed for Waltz :woot::clap: SO great to see he's nominated!

I simply cannot believe neither Natalie Portman nor Jake Gyllenhaal were nominated for their performances in 'Brothers'. :shock: Are you *CENSORED* kidding me!?

:furious:

As usual haven't seen most of these yet. But I was impressed with Carey Mulligan in An Education so hopefully she can get that one.

The Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy category looks like they were struggling to fill it. I mean, Meryl's good and all that, but two nominations? And Julia Roberts???

I'm disappointed A Serious Man didn't get more recognition. It was brilliant, start to finish. And I'm really keen to see The Hurt Locker now. It's getting a lot of love from many critics associations.

I think the problem with the Academy this year is that they are trying to please more of the mainstream crowd by nominating more well known movies; i.e. Sandra Bullock in the Blind Side. The movie was great, but her acting in the movie does not level to that of Meryl Streep's performance in Julia Child. "It's Complicated" hasn't been released in theaters yet so I have no idea how well Meryl did in that movie. But I'm sure it isn't going to be as confusing as the fiasco last year when Kate Winslet was nominated twice, one of which was a supporting role in The Reader when she was obviously the main character, I mean, who else was there in The Reader?

----

I hope the academy doesn't give all the television awards to 30 Rock because first of all, most of their comedic stunts are very dry and I still can't get over the in justice they had against Will & Grace (can you believe Debra Messing was nominated every year for her performance but always lost to the cast of Friends and Tina Fey?), even in their final season Will & Grace barely received any much deserved notoriety. Oh well, I usually don't pay attention to television awards anyways since they're always predictable.

YAY for Sandra Bullock. I'm so happy for her. She deserves it. Hopefully she wins at least one of them.

I really want to see "An Education".. Carrie Mulligan just seems SO charming in the trailer. :heart:

duplicity was a joke...i can't believe they nominated julia roberts for best actress...

i am also baffled by meryl streep being nominated twice in the same category...
was there a lack of strong roles for women in musicals or comedies? i think not...

i am happy for the nominations for a single man, up in the air, and precious...

Not too crazy about seems nominees.Seems like the supporting cast are the most outstanding; Waltz and Mo-Nique. I'm rooting for Kathryn Bigelow, she did an incredible job on the Hurt Locker.I hope she doesn't lose out to the more well known fellas.

i am also baffled by meryl streep being nominated twice in the same category...
was there a lack of strong roles for women in musicals or comedies? i think not...

I don't think the field of contenders was that good to begin with so that's probably part of the problem. The other part is that Meryl Streep gets nominated literally for just about everything she does. I have nothing against her and think she's an amazing actress, but the fact that she constantly gets nominated kinda makes her nominations less special in a way. It's become such a regular occurrence that I just don't even care anymore. She could be onscreen for three seconds and still win something.

I don't think the field of contenders was that good to begin with so that's probably part of the problem. The other part is that Meryl Streep gets nominated literally for just about everything she does. I have nothing against her and think she's an amazing actress, but the fact that she constantly gets nominated kinda makes her nominations less special in a way. It's become such a regular occurrence that I just don't even care anymore. She could be onscreen for three seconds and still win something.

Actually, she rarely wins compared to how many times she has been nominated. She already has said in an interview she doesn't care about award shows anymore because there's so much campaigning that goes on behind the scenes just so you can win, and Meryl to me has always been the moral standard for all actors/actresses and would not want to participate in any behind the scenes happenings. I think her work for Julie & Julia was as great as her work in Doubt, but the academy is famous for giving the award to underdogs.

I agree though that the field of contenders aren't really that amazing this year.

I'm disappointed that Jeremy Renner wasn't nominated for The Hurt Locker. But then it's the GG and some of the nominations never make any sense. But I'm hoping that Kathryn Bigelow gets it for director.

^ Are you talking about performing the nominated songs or presenting or who's hosting?

They don't perform any songs at the Globes. Usually it's just the Oscars. Presenters haven't been announced yet and Ricky Gervais is hosting. Hope one of these is the answer you wanted.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->