GOSSIP:Gwyneth Tells The Secret Of Apple

stylegurrl

Reaction score
HELLO!

27 AUGUST 2004

Gwyneth Paltrow has spoken in her first TV interview since she and her rock star hubby Chris Martin welcomed baby daughter Apple three months ago, revealing her domestic side to chat show queen Oprah Winfrey.

The actress, assisted by her Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow co-star Jude Law, whipped up her favourite dish, flounder with miso sauce, and let the world know she has an organic cookbook in the works. And she also opened up about marriage and motherhood, finally revealing the reasoning behind her daughter's unusual name.

"Her daddy said if it's a girl, I think her name should be Apple," Gwyneth says. "It sounded so sweet and it conjured such a lovely picture for me – you know, apples are so sweet and they're wholesome and it's biblical – and I just thought it sounded so lovely and…clean! And I just thought, 'Perfect!'.

"And then she was born, and it became an international outrage. Which I found surprising because there are people named Rose or Lily or Ivy or June…or lots of pretty nouns!"

Famed for her love of yoga and all things organic, Gwyneth also admitted the "natural birth" she had hoped for 9lb 11oz Apple didn't happen as she'd planned. "I'm like the nerd, yoga, hippie person – I was going to breathe my way through, but after about 62 hours or something like that, the doctors were like, 'This is getting serious, you need to have the epidural.'"

The baby girl's arrival – which Oprah celebrated with a gift of 100 children's books to start Apple's first library – introduced Gwyneth to "a whole new dimension in emotion that I've never experienced". "In one minute you just are completely redefined," she said. "I swear, that well of emotion, it's just inexplicable. I just felt like my life is forever changed."

I never got the 'outrage' about the baby's name either, like she said, there are people with weirder names and Apple is not even weird so..

Originally posted by MulletProof@Aug 31 2004, 10:24 AM
I never got the 'outrage' about the baby's name either, like she said, there are people with weirder names and Apple is not even weird so..
[snapback]351451[/snapback]​

same here....i think its cute.

Originally posted by MulletProof@Aug 31 2004, 12:24 PM
I never got the 'outrage' about the baby's name either, like she said, there are people with weirder names
[snapback]351451[/snapback]​

I can vouch for that.....

I would like to be called a fruit... :huh: It just sounds weird to me. I like my name a lot. It means - rebirthed or the one who came back to life, so nice :P

"And then she was born, and it became an international outrage. Which I found surprising because there are people named Rose or Lily or Ivy or June…or lots of pretty nouns!"

I'm happy that she finds my noun name pretty. :P

Cute name, but I'm not looking forward to all the little girls that are going to be named "Apple" in the next couple of yrs...

Originally posted by BBabe@Sep 1 2004, 05:48 PM
Cute name, but I'm not looking forward to all the little girls that are going to be named "Apple" in the next couple of yrs...
[snapback]352256[/snapback]​

i hope that doesnt happen. :(
"Apple" has a interesting symbolic meaning of the name, but the unique-ness of the name gives it charm as well.

Originally posted by breathe0xygen@Sep 1 2004, 04:30 AM
i hope that doesnt happen. :(
"Apple" has a interesting symbolic meaning of the name, but the unique-ness of the name gives it charm as well.
[snapback]352309[/snapback]​

I'm not sure if it is that unique. I thought Chris Martin's producer/manager had a daughter named Apple...

Also, so what happened with Gwyneth's labor? Did she have the epidural? Did she have a cesarean?

if apple looks anything like her mother or her grandmother, she shouldnt even worry about her name :flower:

Originally posted by Asdiklon@Aug 31 2004, 12:51 PM
I would like to be called a fruit... :huh: It just sounds weird to me. I like my name a lot. It means - rebirthed or the one who came back to life, so nice :P
[snapback]351640[/snapback]​

Fruit wouldn't be a good name if you leave around this neighborhood :lol:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 1 2004, 11:28 PM
[snapback]352993[/snapback]​

Oh, you are too sadistic... :P

Originally posted by Alejandro@Sep 2 2004, 05:28 AM
[snapback]352993[/snapback]​
:lol: :lol:

It doesn't bother me that the kid is called Apple, but I think that's just because celebrities are known for having nutty names for their kids.

Imagine if you went to your local supermarket, and the person who served you had 'Apple' on their nametag. You would be astounded. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->