GOSSIP:Marissa Jaret Winokur Humiliated At Gucci

Originally posted by CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle. :wink:
:rolleyes: I don't think so. That's why there are managers, ya know?

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
It would of been quite inmature of me to taddle on her to her manager and directly be responsible for her getting fired. I prefer to indirectly get them fired. If she got fired after that episode then it was 100% her fault for not serving me. Not my fault at all.

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.  :wink:

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
lol I think I got caught up in the moment so I'll explain this nicely. :wink:

I know why people think being this "tattle" is a bad thing. It's because you think people who do this are weak, helpless or just plain or can't do this on their own. But I think people who think that are just PROUD. And there is a difference. Saying this to a manager is not a "tattle". "Tattles", I believe, are those who lie about other people to get their way or can't do things on their own that they NEED to do, like chores or office work.

Back on topic, I seriously think it is right thing to do. That's why there is a manager, to report these things to. If you don't report it or "let it slide" or do things on your own, you won't be helping really. If you want change you must report it.

my shopping experiences in london...
2 shops...same day...
martin margiela and vivienne westwood...

margiela...i spent some cash in margiela because the sales staff and the store were amazing and i didn't ever want to leave and when i did leave i wanted a reminder of the experience...love...

on the other hand...
i couldn't wait to get out of vivienne westwood...there was just a sour taste in the air...the sales staff all seemed so bitter...(i still think it had something to do with the fact that they have to wear those miserable shoes of hers...)...so consequently...i purchased nothing...

i was wearing the same thing...same day... just down the street from one another ...two completely different experiences...

and then in brown's they wouldn't leave me alone and i felt claustrophobic so i had to get out immediately...certainly did'nt buy anything in there...

i do think the sales staff is quite important...and the majority of them really aren't well trained...we have very few professional salespeople nowadays...a good salesperson is hard to find...and i shop everywhere...from high to low...so i see it firsthand...i'd say customer service is pretty poor ...

anyway...i usually pretty much ignore the salespeople until i want/need something from them...and then usually if i'm nice to them...they're nice back...if they're not...i just leave the store...without buying anything...

you see ...money talks...and we have the loudest voice with our spending habits...money=power...and however much money you have...that's how much power you have...so spend wisely my friends...decide carefully who you will support with those dollars...think...excercise your voice...speak out...

CAN AH GET AN AMEN...?...

:P

:lol: :lol:

hahaha...hallelujah...thx stylegurrl... :lol: :wink:

In Oxford last week I walked into McDonalds with some friends (it was the only place open, I don't eat at McD's out of choice)...I got served in like ten seconds...I was wearing a full Jaeger business suit, YSL tie, trifold pocket-square, blue spats, etc... Then the next morning I went in wearing jeans and t-shirt and it took me like ten minutes to get served. So y'see :wink:

so what does that mean prince?...that even the staff at mcdonald's are snobs?...hahaha... :lol:

maybe it's an epidemic?... :o :ninja:

:woot:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:16 pm
In Oxford last week I walked into McDonalds with some friends (it was the only place open, I don't eat at McD's out of choice)...I got served in like ten seconds...I was wearing a full Jaeger business suit, YSL tie, trifold pocket-square, blue spats, etc... Then the next morning I went in wearing jeans and t-shirt and it took me like ten minutes to get served. So y'see :wink:
McDondalds girls got legshaking from your absolutely gorgeous suit i'm sure. :lol:

Amen softie!
:lol: its true prince..once there was a looong line..the salesgirl told the expats "Next counter, PLEASE" and to the locals-"Next counter",very brusquely. Just goes to show... :blink:

I'm frequently surprised at how ill-suited many sales clerks are to be in the retail environment. Handselling used to be a valued skill and now it seems like just getting someone to take your money is a hassle. It takes some of the joy off shopping. :innocent:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle. :wink:

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I think you should read up on Professor Henry Mintzberg's Management Theories. He is quite famous on the topic.

You can find one of his management articles in the Harvard Business Review. You'll learn a lot about managers and their roles.

The man is a genius! Please inform yourself.

Do you continually need to pick a fight with anybody who opposes your point of view? You were wrong. So please get over it.

Originally posted by prixi@Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:16 am
Do you continually need to pick a fight with anybody who opposes your point of view? You were wrong. So please get over it.
Thank you. :flower:

i like your style... :flower:

Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:55 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jun 8th, 2004 - 2:19 am
<!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic
@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:07 pm

But since you people enjoy trying to get others in trouble then feel free to do it but that is what I figure is inmature. Grade 3 kids taddle.  :wink:

But probably, that way you'd tell would be immature... :rolleyes:
I think you should read up on Professor Henry Mintzberg's Management Theories. He is quite famous on the topic.

You can find one of his management articles in the Harvard Business Review. You'll learn a lot about managers and their roles.

The man is a genius! Please inform yourself. [/b][/quote]
I'm not quite sure about that particular management style, but as a store manager I appreciate being told when one of my employees acts out of line. They don't just get "fired" for being "tattled on", they receive feedback that allows them to see why their actions created a negative shoppong environment for our customers. They are given a warning for this type of behavior and trained on how the customer feels coming into a shop with poor service. Getting feedback from underserved customers simply enables managers to ensure that the next customer has a great time in my store.

excellent post mayim... :flower:

you explained it perfectly... :P

Wrong for doing what? Please explain, I'm just dying to know your logic :lol:

I'm not picking fights. The people who think I'm picking a fight are obviously the ones who arent smart enough to know what I'm talking about or see that I'm just stating facts to counter their OPINIONS.

I seriously think some of you should stay and school or go back to it.

If you knew as much about business as me you wouldn't be writing the stupidities you all call facts :rofl:

Once again you people should read up on the differences between OPINIONS and FACTS.

I feel like I'm debating with 5 year olds :unsure:

Originally posted by mayim@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Thanks! You know I'm a retail girl... :P
Now please let me state my OPINION, just my OPINION.

If these sales people were doctors, sanitation workers, care takers (aka important people) then I would understand them acting like snots because they're indisposable, we need them.

Retail sales people are RARELY educated in business and therefore most of the time have no clue how to properly treat a customer.

Quite frankly, I think monkeys could do their jobs.

Once again, just my opinion :flower:

Celine Chic: Drop it! You've crossed the line, your comments were very snobbish and rude and you know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->