GOSSIP:Svetlana Khorkina

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by nycgirl84, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Hear Hear. :smile:

2. plasticine20

plasticine20 New Member

:flower:

3. bee

bee New Member

i cant believe i missed this thread! oh well another comment shouldnt hurt :wink:

svetlana has the experience and prestige to make her a living legend in gymnastics. however, during the all around finals she gave too much away (bobbles here and there, a cheated floor routine that she FINALLY got deducted on, but probably not enough) to win. she clearly wasnt perfect. her vault was probably a little underscored, but her bars were incredibly overscored. but i guess that makes up for carly's underscored bars routine. svetlana may "deserve" a gold medal for her contribution to the sport, but she definately did not earn it that night. Carly may not be graceful or elegant, but she has different qualities that makes me enjoy her gymnastics very much. she has a lightness on the beam that no one else can match. how she can stay so consistent and calm on it, i dont know. its amazing. her floor routine doesnt have the grace i normally look for, but for some reason i cant help but like it. she has no weak events.

to me, svetlana's gymnastics is incredibly boring and overrated. her "grace" consists of waving her arms around constantly and walking around the floor. ill admit that she does have nice presence. i also appreciate what she contributes as a woman to a sport that is predominantly of young girls.

if you want to see some beautiful routines, i suggest you download floor exercise routines by cheng fei from china, catalina ponor and daniela sofronie from romania, courtney mccool. i also suggest beam routines from li ya, fan ye, courtney mccool, terin humphrey, and all of the romanians.

sexed up, if you say that america paid very well this year, :rolleyes: :lol: then i guess i should say greece mustve paid pretty damn well for a guy to win whose routine was worse than EVERYONE in the rings final.

4. Misako

Misako within an embrace

Agreed. :smile: