Grace Kelly

Boomer really likes Bing, doesn't he :P

Oh God no!! ScriptGirl- that was nothing against you at all!! :o :flower: I admire Bing as one of the true giants of 20th Century popular music (seriously, he really was) but, after the stories of how he treated his family and then the Grace affair coming to light (which is hard to even imagine, for me anyway) I have zero regard for him as a person...And Grace really lowered her standards with him- IMO of course...B)

Oh, good.
Grace with schoolmates
gracefriendswroldroots.jpg

worldroots

Hitchcockwiki.com -- wow!

I like to watch Grace Kelly movies just to stare at her and her clothes. The movie plots seem too simple now.

Thanks scriptgirl and kochie!

Thanks- these are all such great pictures!! (I thought I was the only person who was not 80 years old who still cared about Grace)!! ^_^
Anyone know what school the "PC" on her sweater was? Doesn't ring a bell...:unsure:

Hitchcockwiki.com -- wow!

its a great website! you should definitely check it out. it has so many pictures of Grace as well as pictures from all of Hitchcock's movies.

and sorry boomer, have no idea what PC stands for

Humm..This from GeoCities doesn't help much- but somewhere in the back of my memory was that her brother went to Penn Charter School...hummm :unsure:

Grace Kelly was born in Philadelphia, on November 12, 1929 into a wealthy family. With two sisters
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] and a brother, she spent her childhood in the Kelly home on the hill above East Falls, 3901 Henry Avenue.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] She started school in the autumn of 1934, at the Academy of the Assumption, Ravenhill, Philadelphia, in[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] the parish of St. Bridget's, and attended it in the next nine years. In 1943 she transferred to the Stevens School[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] in Germantown, where she completed her high school education and graduated in May 1947. Then she left for[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] New York City where she was attending American Academy of Dramatic Arts and worked as a model and[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] TV player.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] Grace Kelly made her stage debut in 1949 in the Broadway production of The Father by A.Strindberg.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times] Her first film appearance was in 1951 in Fourteen Hours.[/FONT]

Did someone say Fourteen Hours? Here is a still from the film
14hourssnapphoto.jpg

snapphoto

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks- these are all such great pictures!! (I thought I was the only person who was not 80 years old who still cared about Grace)!! ^_^
Anyone know what school the "PC" on her sweater was? Doesn't ring a bell...:unsure:

You're not! I'm more into old cinema and golden era, because movies were better (the plot was actually important not just stupid effects, like in most movies nowadays) and the stars were much classier (or shall I just put it: stars were classy!!!)

I agree. Grace was a cutie, and a sparkling American-girl-extraordinaire. She was truly one in a million, and it is amazingly lucky for all of us today that she had so many photographs! :lol:

I have a much better version of that pic above in color and without the watermark. I have to find it and post it.
gypsyscan.jpg

scanpix

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->