Green Eyes

Colors with even a tiny bit of purple in them complement my eyes really nicely I find, as well as what xsavagex said about golden colours.

I have green eyes too ( green with bits of blue+grey+yellow), so as its already said here, the best colors to bring out the green are purplish shades, plum, violet, may be pink as well.

Grey is cool but it also makes them looks grey-ish :(

Beidge, nah, not for me.

Golden- may be...but purples are still THE pick.

Green eye shadows are nice but then your own green color is lost in it..it overshadows the greens in the eye.

Well ya thats my take on that lol. :flower:

I agree about the purples, they really do bring out the green nicely. I also do just black eyeliner and mascara a lot, that's always highlighted my color pretty simply

does anyone know some good drugstore brand which sells purple, but light, not too dark eye shadow? cos i need light, i dont like too dark eye make up..
i use also different shades of white, beige, golden shades..green..light lilac.

HELP NEEDED! :smile:

I have fairly dark green eyes with a light ring of gold around my pupil and gold flecks. I have strawberry blond red hair. The following eyeshadows I wear on a fairly regular basis (mainly peachy pinks, brown gold shimmers and some purple/plums:(

MAC Patina
MAC Relaxing
MAC Haux
MAC Romantique
MAC Hush
MAC Shimmertime (pigment)
MAC Melon (pigment)
Nars Mogambo (duo)

We have the same coloring. :smile: Except, my hair, in the past year or two, has strayed toward a more red than blonde.. in fact, somebody referred to me as a "ginger" last week.. first time I'd heard that.

Excellent suggestions, as I, too, have found peaches and brown/golds to work so well. However, do you have any drugstore brands to suggest? I'm on a bit of a... budget, sadly, so I have to be a bit more selective in my cosmetic choices. Well, I suppose for the most part I've always been this way. :blush:

Thanks.
:flower:

Drugstore brands: (I'm not American, so I always find the idea of a "drugstore" subversively funny). Milani and Wet-n-Wild eyeshadows have lots of pigmentation. Those brands have been revamped since I was a tween, they no longer have chalky, faint colors. HIP by L'oreal was developed for high intensity color, and all brands marketed for African-Americans (like Iman's line) have great color pay-off.

Nita, those brands aren't available in Finland, right? European drugstores tend to carry different brands depending on the country, but you should check out Isadora. It has really nice eyeshadows, and it's Swedish, so it's probably sold in Finland. I also love Art Deco. There are tons of colors to choose from, and I'm very pleased with each one I've tried. Gosh also seems to have good pigmentation, though I'm more familiar with its nail polishes.

^Avon has some pretty decent purples as well; I would give them a try if you are on a budget.

I personally am addicted to the purples-I cannot live without MAC's Beautiful Iris and MAC's Violet pigment. Star Violet is another really good shadow from them. I find that pinks are also really good with my eyes...my problem is that my eyes change colour, so if I want to bring out the green I have to be very careful.

I think Rimmel have a good collection of coloured shadows too, but I'm not sure of their staying power...

I have green/gold eyes and a light olive skin and dark hair. I normally stick with dark green eyeliner b/c it's so hard to find something that looks good with my eyes and skin.

Any suggestions?

i have green eyes and i normally use a choclate eyeshadow with a hit of gold shimmer.

I'm a green-eyed makeup artist, and I thought I'd share a few of my favorite MAC eyeshadows:

Copperplate (looks hideous in the package and isn't copper at all, it's grey, but a really pretty muted grey that's nice for a smokey eye), Nocturnelle (deep shimmery purple), Woodwinked (brownish gold), Mulch (deep coppery brown), and Humid (deep green). Their eyeliner in Teddy is really great too. Enjoy!

^^ Great suggestions, lola belle. I have the nocturnelle eyeshadow and it really goes well with my green eyes. I tend to mix it with a bit of dark grey.

I would never recommend bright red for green eyes though, since it's too much of a clash, in my oppinion.

^ I used a bright-ish red on my lids today, and put some along my lower lash-line... looked really cool, I thought. But I had to put a good amount of eyeliner on to balance everything out.

I'm a green-eyed makeup artist, and I thought I'd share a few of my favorite MAC eyeshadows:

lola belle, thank you for the suggestions... Do you by any chance have any recommendations for those of us with lighter wallets? :blush:

I just usually use mascara but once in green moon some gold really brings out the color for me.

I tried UD's heist after your recommendation and it's great with green eyes? HAve you seen the MAC Devil may care? palette...also very pretty with green eyes...

thanks lola belle for the mac recommendations! i'm a fellow 'greenie', with golden flecks, and though i hardly (never) wear eye makeup apart from liner and mascara, i've always wanted to make the green colour more prominent, i think it's such a unique colour to have compared to blue and brown eyes.

i'm surprised nobody is touting the amazingness of purples and reds -- almost all of my eye makeup is varying shades of warm purples/eggplant/plum. mac liquidlast in 'powerplum' is my absolute favourite -- it's a very deep maroony-red purple. i find dark purple liners with a smudgy sheer black shadow over it is a really great dramatic look for my eyes + skin tone.

^ Purple/plum never looks good on me... I always think it makes me look tired.. :ninja: Maybe it has something to do with all the freckles on my face? not sure if that makes sense...

I do like red, though. But it has to be done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->