Asian Eyes

3 words: ultra thin eyeliner

tarte emphasEyes inner rim eyeliner used as an eyeliner. I can't go back to conventional thick eyeliner. i either use this or don't use liner at all.

ars aromatica is one of my favorite beauty blogs. Dain is a make-up pro with lots of great beauty insight and helpful tips and photos on make-up application.

desertisland_makeup6.jpg

ars aromatica

palette_lips-1.jpg

ars aromatica

dragon2.jpg

ars aromatica

^ i lovee thin eyeliner on others but not on myself. i kind of have big eyelids so i prefer a medium thick line. if it were between thin liner vs no eye make-up at all, i think i look better without

i second Julez recommendations! Revlon Colorstay eyeliner but only for my waterline, topped with a black eyeshadow to help it stay on. i agree with the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara - waterproof is best to hold a curl. i have both Shu Uemura and Shiseido lash curlers, both work for me but some girls def prefer one curler shape to the other because it fits their eyes better. Shu's rubber pads last longer though.

Thank you so much girls!!!!!! I will be checking out the products in my mall soon as well as picking up tips from websites! Gosh, there are so much to be learned and it's so exciting!

This is me ( spiffed up for a charity auction about 6 years ago ) on the very rare occasion wearing full on eye make-up, I even did brow powder, lol. For some odd reason my brows look kind of gray and washed out on there own...anywhoo, as you can see the heavy, dark shadow doesn't photograph well.

For day to day my eyes look the brightest with the thinnest bit of liner and some color traced along the top to bring out my eye color. ( I skip mascara all together; I've tried every waterproof/resistant brand under the sun with the same sad, smeary result: splotchy raccoon eyes).

To make my eyes pop I'm obsessed with the coppery burgundy in the AVEDA Plum Mist Trio; it really does wonders to brighten and bring out brown eyes, almost like they're glowing ^_^:
rs.jpg
my snap

AVEDA Plum Mist trio, the top pan, with the burgundy:
5507081644_152c7e2296.jpg

prettyindayton.com

The tarte emphasEyes inner rim pencil I use, as a regular eyeliner:
tarte_emphasEYES_high_definition_eye_pencil.jpg

fiorebeautyblog.com

Ellastica! You've such healthy skin! drools~~~ What's your beauty secret? :blush:

thanks guys. you're all too sweet :flower:.

not ODING on base/powder and make-up in general, believe it or not! Natural skin radiates the best glow. I'll Pm you w/ more details.

just remembered this kick *ss NARS ad from 1997-ish:
NARS.jpg
ellastica scan

I have eyes that look slightly downturned because of how round the lower lid is. I have small double-eyelids. My eyelid creases extend slightly further past the outer corner of my eyes than most peoples. If I want to flick my eyeliner up at the outer corners by following the line of my lower lid, it goes into my crease and looks wonky. However, if I follow the line of my upper lid, I make my eyes look really droopy. Does anybody else have this issue? What do you do with your eye make-up?

I've been an Anastasia devotee until recently when I stumbled on L'Oreal's ultra-thin eyebrow pencil. To be clear I use these skinny brow liners as eyeliner on myself. I love that the L'Oreal one can be applied in a hurry and it still looks good. Soft but not smeary and wears well even on the lash line.

I've tried Maybelline, Origins, Clinique, Tarte and MAC skinny brow pencils as eyeliners many years ago and I can say that L'oreal's version is my personal favorite out of the bunch.

Automatic Brow Pencils from Left to Right
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-01-17%2Bat%2B2.01.39%2BPM.png

I've also tried these recently launched, marketed as Skinny Eyeliners not Brow liners and they were epic fails.

Maybelline Precise Skinny Eyeliner: Thumbs down. 1.8 inches, smeary and not skinny on me at all.
Maybelline-New-York-Eyestudio-Master-Precise-Skinny-Eye-Pencil-0-1.jpg

insta-make-up.com

Clinique Skinny Stick: Ditto, Smeary, glittery and got goopy when I tried to use it along my lashes, into my lash line.
Screen-Shot-2015-09-28-at-9.36.24-PM.png

browngirlgumbo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->