Greta Gerwig

^:lol:

i watched the full "In Conversation" interview from The New Yorker Festival on youtube recently and completely fell in love with both her and Noah. :heart: i loved all of their stories about 'bergman island'… so funny and sweet.

^ :lol: I watched that whole thing too. Here's another, shorter video on making the film:

Actress Greta Gerwig attends the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Her' at DGA Theater on December 12, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.

zimbio

W's Best Performances. Greta Gerwig in Frances Ha
Ph: Juergen Teller.
iCYYDDI.jpg

Valentino dress; Miu Miu shoes.

“When I was 12, I realized that I would never be a professional dancer. In ballet, if your body is not right, it becomes self-flagellation, which is, I guess, its own pleasure, but that wasn’t enough for me. Before I quit, I played Clara in The Nutcracker with the Sacramento Ballet, which was a very big deal. My teacher said to me, ‘You know, they only gave you the part because of your personality.’ For the rest of my life, that tape has been in my head: I feel like everything I’ve achieved was because of my personality, rather than my ability.”

wmagazine.com

2014 Golden Globes Weekend on Saturday afternoon (January 11) at A.O.C. in Los Angeles.

just jared

^ Love it!

Oh, my fingers are sooooo crossed for her to win tonight, since Frances Ha has been inexplicably snubbed at almost all other awards shows. But I doubt she'll win. At least she'll be there. :smile:

Golden Globes 2014
Greta is wearing a Donna Karan Atelier dress, a Le Vian ring, and Fred Leighton jewelry.

just jared

2014 InStyle And Warner Bros. 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards Post-Party

zimbio

International Jury Press Conference in Berlin
4quilaF.jpg

Pioiei2.jpg

lu5elQh.jpg

International Jury Photo Call in Berlin
JnxxH9i.jpg
rcoc1ao.jpg

hDd8b0L.jpg

ng3bg9g.jpg

8aF7RBv.jpg

'The Grand Budapest Hotel' Premieres in Berlin
gYGDVF0.jpg

Zmhyi6P.jpg

zimbio

Is she in Lanvin? I love it!

Her Golden Globes look confused me. It's so generic (can't even tell the difference between Marchesa and Donna Karan nowadays) and not a representation of her usual style at all. The dress at Berlinale, however, is. I wish she had gone for something like this instead.

I love the press conference look too!

So is she on the Jury, or what is she promoting??

^ Thanks Jexxica; that's what I thought, but then I wondered if maybe she had a new film forthcoming. :flower:

A new TV role for Greta! :woot: Apparently the twitter crowd - whom I am loathing more and more each day - are already hating on her for it. WTF?

Let's Not Immediately Hate on Greta Gerwig's New TV Gig

Last night CBS announced that it had found a lead for "How I Met Your Dad," the planned spinoff of its longrunning sitcom "How I Met Your Mother," currently in its ninth and final season. That actress is none other than Greta Gerwig, indie darling and Mumblecore queen, who joins the project coming off of her highest profile role yet in the Noah Baumbach charmer "Frances Ha," which she co-wrote with Baumbach. "How I Met Your Mother" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas have written a script for the pilot of "How I Met Your Dad" with Emily Spivey ("Up All Night"), and should it get ordered to series, which it's very likely to, Gerwig will be helping to write the show and will receive a producer credit in addition to starring.

"The idea that taking on this project drains Gerwig of any interest as an actress seems particularly unfair."
It's without a doubt the biggest role Gerwig's been given to date, and there was an immediate outcry on Twitter about the news, with the main gist being that this project is a waste of the actress' talents and that it finds her "selling out." The surprise is understandable -- of all of the roles to serve as Gerwig's mainstream breakout, a CBS sitcom that's essentially a gender-flipped copy of a preexisting show doesn't sound like the most promising of vehicles in terms of creative innovation. But the idea that taking on this project drains Gerwig of any interest as an actress seems particularly unfair, as does the idea that she should be obligated to only take parts that meet some mythical level of artistic integrity.

Gerwig, at age 30, has spent eight years in the indie trenches, acting in projects that have gotten attention -- like "The House of the Devil" and "Greenberg" -- and others that haven't. She's already been in two "sell out" roles, as the love interest to Russell Brand in the terrible 2011 "Arthur" remake and as one of the far more interesting friends of lead Natalie Portman in the equally terrible "No String Attached," both of which suggest that Hollywood, with its limited imagination, has little sense of what to do with her. And she can't have a career working only with Noah Baumbach.

We have very little idea what kind of offers Gerwig has gotten since "Francis Ha" other than the ones she's accepted, and such is the career of an actor that you're largely dependent on other people's projects until you write and direct your own or you reach such a high level that you're able to help make things happen simply by agreeing to participate in them. And from Deadline's account, "How I Met Your Dad" is a project that's been very focused on getting Gerwig on board -- such that the studio, 20th Century Fox TV, agreed to move production of the series to New York should it get greenlit. And for what it's worth, as much as "How I Met Your Mother" has overstayed its welcome, it's also been hugely successful without being all-encompassing for its cast in terms of what they're able to work on. During its run, Jason Segel has managed to act in "The Five-Year Engagement," "Jeff, Who Lives at Home," "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and plenty of others, some of which he also scripted. For that matter, series star Josh Radnor has written and directed two features.

There's no way to know yet if "How I Met Your Dad" is going to be good or a stinker, but Gerwig's involvement in the writing process suggests that she'll be able to bring some of her own sensibility to bear on the project. And either way, why preemptively begrudge her a well-paid gig that will also raise her profile considerably? She's already got two new films in the works -- Barry Levinson's "The Humbling," with Al Pacino, which recently wrapped production, and Rebecca Miller's latest "Maggie's Plan," with Julianne Moore.

indiewire

Last edited by a moderator:
I never watched How I met your mother but I definitely wanna see this!

Greta Gerwig arrives for the closing ceremony during 64th Berlinale International Film Festival at Berlinale Palast on February 15, 2014 in Berlin, Germany.
j54Rve0.jpg

pOJe3xl.jpg

t0fZ6Xz.jpg

qZSjdlM.jpg

vIZCoZE.jpg

VCUq9K8.jpg

zimbio

She looks great here, the dress is very flattering to her figure. But I really love that Lanvin? gown she wore to the last premeire, the color was perfect on her and love her hairstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->