Costume Institute Gala 2013 : "PUNK: Chaos To Couture"

SJP looks amazing!!

Also Madonna is queen of everything as far as I'm concerned. She's earned it.

Anja Rubik's look is the clear winner. (It can be seen on page 11 or so...) Linda Evangelista's might be alright for a different event, but I'm not getting punk from it.

should there be a worst dressed list on this event? Isnt that against what the theme was, worst dressed would be someone in the perfect glamorous red carpet gown but even then they may just be rebelling about what everyone thinks is punk

This is one of the worst-dressed events I've ever seen. Who told everyone the Grey Gardens look was punk? They could have looked up punk fashion on Google Images and gotten a better idea.

I know a lot of people define punk as an attitude and a kind of nonconformity that can't be so easily defined, but I am deliberately referring to the '70s-'80s movement and the designers (and musicians) who influenced it, for convenience's sake. It's the same way people understand grunge or goth... I suppose you can be goth on the inside and never let it show, but that's not such an easy fate.

Last edited by a moderator:
my gosh I don't even need my fingers to count how many people actually bothered to go with the theme... it is that few... it is embarrassing... this people should not get invited again but then there will be no guests next year... ;-)

Where the hell was Liv Tyler? I have a feeling things with her and Givenchy ended really badly. Tisci is too busy dressing Kim Kardashian and Beyonce. Shameful.

I love the McQueen on Liu Wen!! I've been waiting for someone to rock this look on the red carpet forever and she totally pulls it off. Love love love.

Best dressed:
Liu Wen
Sarah Jessica Parker
Christina Ricci
Leelee Sobieski
Florence Welch
Miley Cyrus
Anne Hathaway

Like a lot:
Rooney Mara
Jennifer Lawrence
Carey Mulligan
Kate Bosworth
Emma Watson
January Jones
Bee Shaffer

Worst dressed:
Kim Kardashian
Beyonce
Michelle Williams
Blake Lively
Katie Holmes
Rosie Huntington-Whitely

Emmanuelle Alt :rolleyes:

Lh3BW1v.jpg

BFANYC.COM

Vanessa Traina & Lily Cole
PIz9z4m.jpg
P8xACYz.jpg

Alexander Skarsgard & Sofia Coppola with Marc Jacobs
O7Teqxm.jpg
XIySFFn.jpg

BFANYC.COM

Thom Browne and TTH & James Marshall, Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann and Prabal Gurung

eggHHoG.jpg
k1qvvK6.jpg

BFANYC.COM

Allegra Versace & Nicholas Hoult
Peer8ut.jpg
QD2xsWr.jpg

Vera Wang & Dree Hemingway
EPKQtWa.jpg
gtHNLOw.jpg

BFANYC.COM

This is one of the worst-dressed events I've ever seen. Who told everyone the Grey Gardens look was punk?
:lol::lol::lol: hi^5

props to all the partygoers who went with the theme (Liu Wen, SJP, Madge, Vera, Anne H, Christina Ricci)

Thank god for Madonna. She, as usual, nails it.

Miley wasn't bad either. The rest were just...you know...mal place. Most of them don't know what punk is, and if they do it's just against their crowd pleasing personalities....so it ends up looking rather funny.

I love seeing all the clothes and the MET Gala is always a fashion highlight. But, punk is not a look or a sound, it is an attitude, and I doubt more than a handful of people who attended had the slightest understanding of that.

Grimes looked really awesome, I like that she took cues from the punk theme (not surprised really though). Its the right amount of edgy, punk, and appropriate for the event.

Beyonce is just a gift that keeps on giving. Just when you thought she couldn't look more tacky, there she goes and out does herself. Worst dressed by far.

What the hell is Coppola Wearing?

Best dressed for me was Anja and Madonna. I usually loathe Madonna's style, but she's certainly one of the few that read the memo, she looks great. I like Emmanuelle Bowiesque outfit.

And how hot does Skarsgard look?

Daria Strokous in Dior

bfany

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"