Gucci F/W 2016.17 by Glen Luchford

The cheesy subtitles :lol: It doesn't add to the advertisement. Overall I am not impressed.

So far this is my favorite Gucci campaign since Michele's first one. The Tokyo setting looks good and I like the subtitles.

It's really cute! The subtitles add a bit of humor. Everything is so serious these days so why not have a little bit of fun?

The subtitles are quite genius.

They add an auditory dimension to each image and pulls you in even more.

It's like the first step in adding sound to print.

^ totally! I stared at that picture with relentless buzzing sound and heard enter the void's addictive intro. :lol:

so far it's good, but still far from the LA + Berlin campaigns.. :heart:

Even though it's hard to take an uninspiring photograph in Tokyo, Glen Luchford nailed it. Great to see his work on location. I couldn't care less about the Gucci clothes or current style but the brand's turnaround in creative direction has been equally impressive and consistent. It's easy to forget Frida Giannini was ever there
Kudos to Christopher Simmonds as well, who I believe has been doing the Gucci art direction.

Who are the models? Polina Oganicheva, Petra Collins and Sophia Friesen?

There is just one shot I like from the bunch: the one with the pink fur... So cute. The geisha is out fo place and I wish it had more air in that part of the pic... But still beautiful.

Congratulations to Mae Lapres,she is the second East Asian model who have got a Gucci campaign after Ling Tan.
5dc7841egw1f5degf2a2zj21kw18z1ky.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5degc8j93j21kw18z1ky.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5degdyu82j21kw18zhdt.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5degtp7coj21kw18znpd.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5degx4twsj21kw18zu0x.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5deg7yi8kj21kw18z4qp.jpg

5dc7841egw1f5degwaf74j21kw18znpd.jpg

Weibo/Ed蔚

So far, this might be my favorite campaign this season :heart:
The Hearing Impaired subtitles just add more dimension imo.

^ Absolutely, you instantly hear what the models are hearing. It's pretty impressive.

I don't want to speak evil, but you can't sit on tokonoma and hold a tiny tv like it's nothing. So disrespectful.

Good vibe, cute caption, a lust, passion for life. Just wish they could've consulted with a cultural adviser whilst the shooting session.

Good campaign, good styling. I like it. It's fun.

My god, i hate the subtitles. it's like this campaign was MADE for tumblr teens.

that sequined skirt.... :mellow::crush:... I knew it would be the star of the campaign haha, that model is so lucky.

I literally hate everything about these clothes and this campaign in particular. I cant even formulate a decent argument thats how exasperated I feel after watching that sad excuse for a fashion film. One more fashion moment with blowing bubbles and im gonna hurt myself. -end rant-

^ Yeah, it's awful. If this is fashion then please, let it end.

Luchford is incredibly talented but it's wasted on this awful brand.

I'm very happy for Mae! I loved the last Gucci campaigns but this one is a bit too much, I still like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukebears
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->