Reaction score
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Art Director: Christopher Simmonds
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Yadim

weibo.com/gucci

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my!! Instant love from me.
This looks amazing, don't even know where to begin. This is exactly what I want from fashion! Glen Luchford is going from strength to strength with Gucci. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for posting, MDNA. :flower: Were the shots released as a puzzle? As the page loaded on my side the images came together bit by bit, and I must say it was super exciting!

Oh my!! Instant love from me.
This looks amazing, don't even know where to begin. This is exactly what I want from fashion! Glen Luchford is going from strength to strength with Gucci. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for posting, MDNA. :flower: Were the shots released as a puzzle? As the page loaded on my side the images came together bit by bit, and I must say it was super exciting!

You're welcome! Here is the origial post. They actually posted the pics in order.

The video is quite fun too.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkxODEzMzc3Ng==.html

3 more shots from the campaign:

credit: art8amby on Wordpress
20246212_10209595457019999_7125504110605758197_n.jpg

20292741_10209595456979998_8874438392823431397_n.jpg

20245988_10209595456939997_4349084538374153803_n.jpg

Gucci FW08.09 goes sci-fi on that first pic.

I liked that video :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
First Gucci campaign i like since Alessandro took over. This is so fun!

This pretty amazing. At least the campaigns are fun if the clothes are an overkill.

One more....

Gucci Goes Far, Far Away With Fall Ads

The campaign was inspired by the science fiction genre from the Fifties and Sixties, including the TV series "Star Trek."

By Luisa Zargani on July 25, 2017

FAR, FAR AWAY WITH GUCCI: Gucci’s creative director Alessandro Michele took his nerdy aesthetics one step further – far, far away. His fall advertising campaign, photographed and directed by Glen Luchford, has a dreamy, retro-futuristic quality as Michele was inspired by the science fiction genre from the Fifties and Sixties, including the TV series “Star Trek.”

As reported, Gucci teased the campaign on Instagram in April with a number of videos featuring models styled as aliens wearing Michele’s designs. The collection in the campaign is worn by a mixed cast of humanoids, aliens, robots and earthlings.

An image from the Gucci ad campaign featuring the Creature of the Black Lagoon, courtesy of Universal Studios Licensing LLC Courtesy of Universal Studios Licensing LLC

Blurring boundaries of time and space, the human characters interact not only with extra-terrestrial creatures, but appear staving off dinosaurs as well.

Back in space, Gucci’s models travel in style on “Star Trek” spaceships.

Source: http://wwd.com/business-news/media/gucci-fall-ads-alessandro-michele-sci-fi-10951459/

ppl ask when Alessandro Michele stops, looks like gonna be a long long time before he stops, he is having his time

Their best campaign since the first two. At this point, he is kinda limited as a designer for me but with ads like that, he can still make an impact.
I like this because it evoke early 00's Galliano's campaigns for Dior. This kind of ridiculous, OTT campaigns is really what is needed today.

Fashion is not so fun actually and Gucci actually is not so fun in terms of fashion but i like that it brings back that idea of fun.
It tells a story (i don't which one), the photography is great and in the weirdest way, it's not so much about the clothes and i really like that.

It's like the Tom Ford collection but on a totally other level.

This is one of the best campaign of the season...

Gucci just keeps on knocking it out of the park season by season, thanks to Glen Luchford! This is easily one of the best campaigns.

This is freaking amazing! Seriously the best one this season

I wouldn't consider it an overstatement by saying this will go down as one of THE best as campaigns of the year...good job Glen!

Pleasantly surprised when I saw this roll out; it's fantastic, one of the best campaigns in recent years.

The art direction is brilliant, the video works really well.

as much as i hate the clothes / alessandro's gucci, this campaign is incredibly good.

Love the Star Trek shots. Finally, some fantasy and campy fun in a sea of a blandness and faux existential ennui.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phos4
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->