Gucci High Jewelry 2021 : Jodie Turner-Smith by Glen Luchford

To be honest I came with the expectation of finding something different... But in fact the result is quite usual, but I don't think it's good, nor bad!

I like it, because it remind me of Tom Ford era. Lucky for Alessandro, he can always milking Tom era when he has nothing new to add.

aside from the jewelry itself, I quite like this

Am I the only one who absolutely loves this?
I think Jodie looks STUNNING here and the look suits her so well. The jewellery and the dress look great, and that little bird just adds that little interesting detail to the image. This is great.

Also, I think fashion should drop French terms where unnecessary. Like, haute joaillerie is so pretentious, just write the damn high jewellery. I do get haute couture, it is an established term at least.

Gucci just can't bring itself to produce imagery that doesn't contain something twee.

I was expecting something kooky, quirky, cutesy and lifted straight from Tumblr and I'm happy to see they actually went for something aimed at adults, which makes sense since the Tik Tok crowd are more into knock-off Westwood pearl chokers anyway.

P.S. I love the french spelling, it makes me appreciate the little time I studied the language and I can always laugh at how dumb americans sound trying to pronounce it.

Do we really need to just take the same picture every few years? The bird just gets less and less dramatic....

ELIZABETH TAYLOR by Helmut Newton - 1985
2fdb28f2187939e01971df6aff735ff9v1_max_635x357_b3535db83dc50e27c1bb1392364c95a2.jpg

deutschlandfunkkultur.de

JENNIFER LAWRENCE by Patrick Demarchelier - 2014
a6FAGGH2EkW8WJg9hjBelTERLTlr02FQP6uAYR2R4dWxYYw04TNlxVhDnQsTthZ0UzjhPq7ebQxpqf89_Dq5lA7de_bekiqe_Zf9WottVWOFsRa3GDF5o9gY8v2FOOSNM7bqGZsdfmwmJ6UYw1oA24pv

partnoveau.com

We've gone from a legend wearing the emerald set gifted to her by Richard Burton while on the set of Cleopatra, to someone who looks like they have a craft shop bird ornament glued to their finger.

She looks pretty and the campaign is nice. But it's just "nice".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->