Gucci S/S 2019 by Glen Luchford

Oh wow! This looks straight out of a Fellini film! Vibrant without being tacky. Cinematic while still showing off the clothes. Artful without being pretentious. I need to see this in full but I have a feeling this is Michele’s best campaign yet for the house. I still don’t care for his collections though.

Ahhh finally! It's been dull more than usual with the concepts this campaign season (with the exception of few), and thank God for Gucci coming through once again.

This, or the shows.
I agree. Truthfully, though, in the context of the ad campaigns, the clothes don't bother me in the slightest.

It's really the shows (and lookbooks) that are ultimately the losers in these rollouts of new content from Gucci at this point.

The ad campaigns are so joyful, so infectiously fun and so well executed, that all the other ways in which the clothes are presented end up really lackluster and dour. The shows really could be skipped for all I care...they do nothing but drag things down with their freaky casting and somber moods. All that eclecticism that Alessandro wishes to pursue ultimately shines brightest here in the campaigns with Glen.

If he really wanted to shake up the fashion system, I'd suggest he cancel all future Gucci shows and treat these campaigns as lookbooks (because even the lookbooks themselves are fairly useless - especially when the product is as monotonous as it is with Alessandro). Skip all the expenses of the shows and put it into more of these glorious campaigns. They're so worth it. The shows aren't, anymore.

The shot of the model popping out of the cake is just DIVINE.

WOW, this is absolutely gorgeous. So cinematic. Actually took my breath away. :heart:

Ugh, obsessed! Without a doubt the campaign of the season.
Love the stiff and rehearsed Miles Aldridge vibe.

How is it possible that Luchford's creativity only manifests for Gucci's campaigns?

Last edited:
Maybe they have Christopher Simmons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->