Gucci S/S 2019 by Glen Luchford

Seriously, it's fabulous!
This is Michele's best campaign and IMO maybe one of the best Gucci campaign ever. I even prefer this to the Aliens.
It's stunning, joyful, kinda aspirational....It slightly evoke the Tom Ford era in a way.

It's stunning! I really love the sunglasses and i need them right now!

Other than that, the clothes are really not good (except for the suits).

This is great, creative, joyful and you want to go in boutique to see the pieces!

That's the problem though, even if you go to a flagship boutique it's 10% runway pieces and 90% filler crap (hoodies, t-shirts, logos, tracksuits etc). It'd be more fun if they made them a bit more available, so you can actually feel like a part of this (very attractive) universe presented in the campaigns.

I'm leaping right on the bandwagon here...this is amazing! Kudos to everyone involved. There's so much emotion translated in every shot and I love the use of colours. It's so incredibly cinematic - I can't wait to see this in print!

Love it. It's amazing as expected.

This is what a love. Energy, fantasy, emotions and not models looking dead and boring w/ stiff poses in front of the camera on a white background.

Yet again, love the campaign, hate the clothes.

We need more of this cinematic feel! Gorgeous campaign!

I f*cking LOVE IT!!! Definitely the best campaign of the season and no doubt one of the bests in recent years. The thing I love about Gucci campaigns is that, even though the clothes are too excessive and extravagant and are being worn by too many models, they still feel well-structured and dramatically proportioned in a way that delivers into their target customers' taste.

I don't like anything about this campaign. Looks like one of those stupid musicals reminds me of The Greatest Showman.

Christopher Simmonds and Alessandro Michele are such damn geniuses. I was so not into their last couple of campaigns but this reminded me why they have put out some of the best work in ages.

there's no wonder that so many people love Liu Wen,because that's your taste. This campaign is amazing !

Amazing. Almost makes me like the clothes, top notch work.

Hands down one of the best campaigns possibly ever. This is playful, this is inventive, there is an idea! Do you remember Alberta Ferretti in a train? Or Valentino with guys by the pool? Or Dolce & Gabbana with the religious theme by Meisel?
This is it, this belongs there! No nepotism, no stiffness, no boredom here! This is joy, this is creativity, this is fashion.

I cannot get enough of the videos! The “No Business Like Show Business” video is incredible...the production value is so high and so absurdly well executed.

And I love the red carpet videos, too - especially the one of the older woman with the pixie cut...it is so magical! And hilarious! But it’s not mean spirited or condescending or even too meme-ish...it’s just joyful and playful and creative and funny. It’s fabulous.

Hands down the best campaign this season. Mid-late 2010s Gucci is so not my style and they make me desire some of their clothes.

So little contemporary fashion photography holds up in the way that say Bourdain's holds up to this day, they're not as carefully thought out nor ambitious in any way. This images bring that same dignity and grace back to fashion photography, these are images that'll stand the test of time despite their nostalgic entrapments. The models, lighting, colors, art direction are superbly arranged and it makes the images glow with a certain kind of magic that has been largely been absent for most of the past two decades.

Glen Luchford complained on SHOWstudio about how little interest there was nowadays in giving image makers the time or budget necessary to make impactful images. Gucci has given him the resources he so wanted and the results are amazing once again, not only is he head and shoulders above the rest...he's on a level of his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->