Gucci S/S 2019 by Glen Luchford

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by vogue28, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Cecilou

Cecilou Member

This is great, creative, joyful and you want to go in boutique to see the pieces! Once again, Gucci wins the advertising campaign race..

2. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I'd watch this movie.

LustforFashion likes this.
  3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Seriously, it's fabulous!
    This is Michele's best campaign and IMO maybe one of the best Gucci campaign ever. I even prefer this to the Aliens.
    It's stunning, joyful, kinda aspirational....It slightly evoke the Tom Ford era in a way.

It's stunning! I really love the sunglasses and i need them right now!

Other than that, the clothes are really not good (except for the suits).

333101 and dodencebt like this.
  4. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

That's the problem though, even if you go to a flagship boutique it's 10% runway pieces and 90% filler crap (hoodies, t-shirts, logos, tracksuits etc). It'd be more fun if they made them a bit more available, so you can actually feel like a part of this (very attractive) universe presented in the campaigns.

DanielWP and Lola701 like this.
  5. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

I'm leaping right on the bandwagon here...this is amazing! Kudos to everyone involved. There's so much emotion translated in every shot and I love the use of colours. It's so incredibly cinematic - I can't wait to see this in print!

6. guimon

guimon Well-Known Member

Love it. It's amazing as expected.

This is what a love. Energy, fantasy, emotions and not models looking dead and boring w/ stiff poses in front of the camera on a white background.

7. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Active Member

Yet again, love the campaign, hate the clothes.

We need more of this cinematic feel! Gorgeous campaign!

8. xandroh

xandroh Member

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! Definitely the best campaign of the season and no doubt one of the bests in recent years. The thing I love about Gucci campaigns is that, even though the clothes are too excessive and extravagant and are being worn by too many models, they still feel well-structured and dramatically proportioned in a way that delivers into their target customers' taste.

9. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

10. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I don't like anything about this campaign. Looks like one of those stupid musicals reminds me of The Greatest Showman.

11. Joromana

Joromana Active Member

Christopher Simmonds and Alessandro Michele are such damn geniuses. I was so not into their last couple of campaigns but this reminded me why they have put out some of the best work in ages.

12. linoo0

linoo0 New Member

there's no wonder that so many people love Liu Wen,because that's your taste. This campaign is amazing !

13. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UK Vogue Digital Edition

14. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Amazing. Almost makes me like the clothes, top notch work.

15. StockholmFW

StockholmFW Well-Known Member

16. StockholmFW

StockholmFW Well-Known Member

17. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

Hands down one of the best campaigns possibly ever. This is playful, this is inventive, there is an idea! Do you remember Alberta Ferretti in a train? Or Valentino with guys by the pool? Or Dolce & Gabbana with the religious theme by Meisel?
    This is it, this belongs there! No nepotism, no stiffness, no boredom here! This is joy, this is creativity, this is fashion.

YohjiAddict and GERGIN like this.
  18. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I cannot get enough of the videos! The “No Business Like Show Business” video is incredible...the production value is so high and so absurdly well executed.

And I love the red carpet videos, too - especially the one of the older woman with the pixie cut...it is so magical! And hilarious! But it’s not mean spirited or condescending or even too meme-ish...it’s just joyful and playful and creative and funny. It’s fabulous.

Frida likes this.
  19. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

Hands down the best campaign this season. Mid-late 2010s Gucci is so not my style and they make me desire some of their clothes.

Frida likes this.
  20. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

So little contemporary fashion photography holds up in the way that say Bourdain's holds up to this day, they're not as carefully thought out nor ambitious in any way. This images bring that same dignity and grace back to fashion photography, these are images that'll stand the test of time despite their nostalgic entrapments. The models, lighting, colors, art direction are superbly arranged and it makes the images glow with a certain kind of magic that has been largely been absent for most of the past two decades.

Glen Luchford complained on SHOWstudio about how little interest there was nowadays in giving image makers the time or budget necessary to make impactful images. Gucci has given him the resources he so wanted and the results are amazing once again, not only is he head and shoulders above the rest...he's on a level of his own.