Gucci S/S 2019 Paris

Always interesting pieces, but also no direction, no concept, very long show, 70's & 80's fashion, hipster (are they even something right now?) I think he's very talented, he has proven that before, but his lack of a focus on a concept or idea makes me not to love Gucci. I'm also tired of this 13 yr old models walking the show, it should be illegal. I've never seen a collection from him, it looks like I'm watching a catalogue from a vintage store.

The models aren't 13 yo. I know few models walking for him every show and making every single campaign.
They are older than 20 yo. At this point they are all older than 18. Skinny and androgynous , yes they are, but not 13 yo.
Here spontaneously the question, do you like models walked for Philipp Plein this time?
There were feminine, 25+ . I will stop with details, it is better.

@Scotty, if i don't mistake Michele's Gucci was never so famous here, nobody except few persons loves it.
I loved from first look in 2015 and still in love with his vision or name it how you want to name)

(See the Milan, how boring and tacky, on some point till vulgar, they all were )

Ugh. tell me about it. Maybe it's time to let Vanessa Friedman loose on them again. MFW for me was so swift and I'd be hard pressed to recall a memorable show right now. If it wasn't for Sportmax, Fendi, Max Mara and Armani and Gucci it would be a complete wasteland.

It's been said before in this thread, but I want to reiterate how much of a byproduct of fashion's current times Alessandro is. He is a designer with explosive creativity, an abundance of ideas (ranging between the good and very bad, but still), extensive research into different themes, and pretty good execution on some of them - and he's presenting all of these ideas and concepts at the same time in the same collection, which is so... jarring, exhausting for the eyes. He needs direction, refinement and reinvention, and he's never gonna get it because fashion today is a bunch of yes-men who can't afford to miss out on that sweet, sweet advertising money. In five years time, where is this all gonna end up? What is the lasting impression that this hurricane of fleeting ideas will leave? Where will Alessandro be? I can only assume that he will design himself into a corner and become one of those designers who have much promise, but due to bad decisions, end up appealing only to the most nostalgic, until that explosion of ideas runs out. And this could still be avoided, but it's not going to.

tl;dr Fashion is imploding, and Gucci is the greatest example of that.

The whole collection and presentation is an insult to fashion design and the models who walked the show. I seriously can't believe there are people who like it. Looks as it is ugly on purpose to gain the media attention.

There is really nothing to say. Why they showed this in Paris makes no sense. I knew he wouldn't reference Haute Couture or anything too Sophisticated. I wanted to see him take on the dirty and romantic side of Paris. I'm beginning to think he doesn't have the range or vision to take us anywhere else. He's a fabulous accessories designer, and he's lucky to be surrounded by such an amazing creative team. I want more from him.

The whole collection and presentation is an insult to fashion design and the models who walked the show. I seriously can't believe there are people who like it. Looks as it is ugly on purpose to gain the media attention.
If you don't like Alessandro's Gucci you have now an opposite- Hedi's Celine.
(about gain the media attention, last year ,2017 or end of 2016, i don't remember good) was a good article exactly about editorials and Gucci,
Michele's Gucci is so famous and people are buying and love it and the revenue growth so nobody cares about negative articles in the medias , i think this article about Gucci and editorials was posted on tFS, under one of the Gucci threads )

If you don't like Alessandro's Gucci you have now an opposite- Hedi's Celine.
(about gain the media attention, last year ,2017 or end of 2016, i don't remember good) was a good article exactly about editorials and Gucci,
Michele's Gucci is so famous and people are buying and love it and the revenue growth so nobody cares about negative articles in the medias , i think this article about Gucci and editorials was posted on tFS, under one of the Gucci threads )
Hedi's Celine is not the opposite of Alessandro's Gucci. Yohji Yamamoto and the whole minimalist & monochrome designer scene is the opposite of Gucci. Hedi is not a minimalist, far from it. And they both like the same type of models so... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->