Gucci S/S 2020 Milan

Wow, I thought the message was coming from Gucci, I wasn’t aware the model was protesting, I’m guessing they tried to write the message on their hands seconds before they were being rolled out on the runway.

I’m a bit disappointed about the lack of sensitivity to creating the opening looks and at this point I have to say it was rather a tasteless gimmick on behalf of the brand.

As for the actual clothing, I really do like the less excessive looks of most of the women’s clothes and can probably say this is my favourite collection under Alessandro since Resort 2019.

I’m hoping Alssandro will continue to improve on himself and recognize what imagery is not tolerated by the common public, I mean he was just as bad as Demna when he first debuted and basically had an all white cast of male and female Models coming down the runway knowingly realizing that his customer is FAR more diverse than most other European brands on the market!

I’m hoping Alssandro will continue to improve on himself and recognize what imagery is not tolerated by the common public, I mean he was just as bad as Demna when he first debuted and basically had an all white cast of male and female Models coming down the runway knowingly realizing that his customer is FAR more diverse than most other European brands on the market!
Out of curiosity, do you have a problem with Pyer Moss having an all black cast?

As for the model with the “Mental Illness is not fashion” on her hands being a protester, instead of it being an orchestrated part of the presentation, it’s just as obnoxious to me and shows how restrictive and closed minded most youth are now. They really would prefer to smother out all creative expression to fit their very narrow ideology of wokeness.

And my guess is that Gucci and Alessandro will cower to the silly “model’s” cry for attention (which....if we’re being frank...is her PERSONAL cry for attention, and not actually a selfless cry for attention to her alleged cause), and will probably end up concocting some half baked initiative through Kering to have a Mental Health Czar/Committee set up internally, each of whom will command a hefty 6-figure salary to do a TED talk twice a year about how “fashion causes anxiety!”

Out of curiosity, do you have a problem with Pyer Moss having an all black cast?

Really? This is not the place for this conversation but maybe you should google the history and dynamics of racial privilege and oppression to understand A: why people had problems with his all white cast and B: why an all black cast does not quite send the same message.

:wacko:

Last edited:
As for the model with the “Mental Illness is not fashion” on her hands being a protester, instead of it being an orchestrated part of the presentation, it’s just as obnoxious to me and shows how restrictive and closed minded most youth are now. They really would prefer to smother out all creative expression to fit their very narrow ideology of wokeness.

And my guess is that Gucci and Alessandro will cower to the silly “model’s” cry for attention (which....if we’re being frank...is her PERSONAL cry for attention, and not actually a selfless cry for attention to her alleged cause), and will probably end up concocting some half baked initiative through Kering to have a Mental Health Czar/Committee set up internally, each of whom will command a hefty 6-figure salary to do a TED talk twice a year about how “fashion causes anxiety!”

Personally I didn't find the straight jackets that offensive or pointed enough at mental health to to really think it was about mental health. Maybe I'm one of those heartless fashion types. It's funny how many of the journalists misread the protest as part of the show.

I'm all about being PC but at some point censorship becomes self-defeating. I appreciate that Michele had this idea and believed in his creative message enough to go through with it.

And if the model didn't agree with what she was modeling, she should not have taken the job! Or have had some balls made a real statement against it! But whatever, it's just overpriced clothes no one needs at the end of the day. Consequences are consequences.

It's one of maybe one of those Derelicte moments.

About the model protest...I’m tired of that hypocrisy.
She accepted the job, the money and yet she is playing the savior. I totally hate that! Have some F****** integrity!

Alessandro can’t catch a break...After a show, a controversy.
I wonder what program Kering will create this time for damage control.

Can you guys imagine how much Alessandro’s controversies have cost to Kering? Sure they have made a lot of money but I feel like at some point he will pay for that.

Really? This is not the place for this conversation but maybe you should google the history and dynamics of racial privilege and oppression to understand A: why people had problems with his all white cast and B: why an all black cast does not quite send the same message.

:wacko:

Thank you for this.

About the model protest...I’m tired of that hypocrisy.
She accepted the job, the money and yet she is playing the savior. I totally hate that! Have some F****** integrity!

Alessandro can’t catch a break...After a show, a controversy.
I wonder what program Kering will create this time for damage control.

Can you guys imagine how much Alessandro’s controversies have cost to Kering? Sure they have made a lot of money but I feel like at some point he will pay for that.

Totally agree! That model is a hypocrite, going against Gucci while being part of their show (and being paid for it).

I hope she won´t be booked again by any designer. She is a model, she was paid to show the clothes, not to state her opinion!!

I wonder what Ayesha would think of McQueen´s "VOSS" collection staged totally (and better than Gucci) in an asylum...

Totally agree! That model is a hypocrite, going against Gucci while being part of their show (and being paid for it).

I hope she won´t be booked again by any designer. She is a model, she was paid to show the clothes, not to state her opinion!!

I wonder what Ayesha would think of McQueen´s "VOSS" collection staged totally (and better than Gucci) in an asylum...

And I think people who claims they loves and know fashion must remember one thing: Clothes are different to the show itself.
A show is an expression. It can be shocking, boring...It can provoke conversations or suggest an opinion. It’s beyond a pant or a shirt...

When people are buying fashion, they aren’t only buying clothes but an attitude, a lifestyle, a spirit.

Ok in this case it might have been seen as superficial but it expressed something that was a total opposite to the actual collection.

It’s like the model who protested during D&G and the other one at the Rick Owens show...

And I think people who claims they loves and know fashion must remember one thing: Clothes are different to the show itself.
A show is an expression. It can be shocking, boring...It can provoke conversations or suggest an opinion. It’s beyond a pant or a shirt...

When people are buying fashion, they aren’t only buying clothes but an attitude, a lifestyle, a spirit.

Ok in this case it might have been seen as superficial but it expressed something that was a total opposite to the actual collection.

It’s like the model who protested during D&G and the other one at the Rick Owens show...

People get easily offended by anything these days. This also happens in films, music, videogames....a 70s film like "Pink Flamingos" by John Waters would have to be censored nowadays!! We are going backwards...

I Honestly thought the beginning looked Sci-Fi and Dystopian. That “Model” really needs to check herself. She found an opportunity to create an “issue” and made it all about her. Get a life.

I don't know her full story, but models aren't often privy to every aspect of a show, whether it is the inspiration or the staging of a show. Many times, you only understand the full picture upon arrival backstage, so I wouldn't be so quick to cast blame on her.

I'm sure had she come out post show and said something, had she not had her protest, the argument then would have been she should have spoken up. I'm not saying I agree with her course of action, but I do admire that she used her position to speak up. I find it much less hypocritical then doing so after the fact.

Not to mention, I know quite a few people that felt a bit put off by those looks. I understand that we are in outrage/cancel culture, but that doesn't mean people should just say 'F it' to everything because they are bound to insult someone.

I don't know her full story, but models aren't often privy to every aspect of a show, whether it is the inspiration or the staging of a show. Many times, you only understand the full picture upon arrival backstage, so I wouldn't be so quick to cast blame on her.

Touche

I'm sure had she come out post show and said something, had she not had her protest, the argument then would have been she should have spoken up. I'm not saying I agree with her course of action, but I do admire that she used her position to speak up. I find it much less hypocritical then doing so after the fact.

Not to mention, I know quite a few people that felt a bit put off by those looks. I understand that we are in outrage/cancel culture, but that doesn't mean people should just say 'F it' to everything because they are bound to insult someone.

If you work as a model, you have to understand that you are like a walking hanger. You are gonna get dressed lots of time with clothes that you don´t like. But that´s a model job. You choose to do it, in exchange for money. No one coerces you.

If she was so repulsed by the idea of wearing an asylum inmate look, and she discovers it just the moment the show is about to begin (which I totally doubt, because there must be fittings days before the show) the most honest thing is to walk away. Don´t do that job, refuse to be part of it.

People repulsed by asylum looks...but "American Horror Story Asylum" was a success! And no actor was catched on set protesting, because the idea of acting like a psychiatric hospital patient was denigrant to people suffering of mental illnesses...

This Gucci show was pure fiction, like "American Horror Story". But some people seem unable to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

If you work as a model, you have to understand that you are like a walking hanger. You are gonna get dressed lots of time with clothes that you don´t like. But that´s a model job. You choose to do it, in exchange for money. No one coerces you.

If she was so repulsed by the idea of wearing an asylum inmate look, and she discovers it just the moment the show is about to begin (which I totally doubt, because there must be fittings days before the show) the most honest thing is to walk away. Don´t do that job, refuse to be part of it.

People repulsed by asylum looks...but "American Horror Story Asylum" was a success! And no actor was catched on set protesting, because the idea of acting like a psychiatric hospital patient was denigrant to people suffering of mental illnesses...

This Gucci show was pure fiction, like "American Horror Story". But some people seem unable to tell the difference between reality and fiction.

You've missed the point, and trust me, I understand very, very well how a fashion show works. Their look was one of many. Models don't always get to go up to a board and understand the entire run of show in advance, thus, my stating that they may not have understood what was happening until being backstage at the show.

Yes, they could have walked away and left, however, they didn't. And bringing up AHS, is a moot point. Different times, and different realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->