Hailey Clauson's Parents Suing Urban Oufitters

$28 million? That's absurd!:shock:
Seriously, Hailey has done countless of other provocative photoshoots and now her parents are worried? Bulls***.

$28 mill sounds a bit steep. I'm confused as to why Hailey's parents agreed to have this shoot done in the first place?

On another note - I kind of want that shirt now haha

Maybe her parents weren't aware of Hailey proudly posting all those pictures all over the internet herself?
I always wonder how much parents really are involved when their daughter does model shootings like this. Those topless/bikini/sexually provocative shots of underage models have become way too common. Of course it seems shady they are suing now and the amount they're asking for is beyond ridiculous but I can definitely see a father being disturbed by seeing people wearing a t-shirt that has his 15 yo daughter with her legs spread on it :lol:

^^True, I agree with that. My dad would be super freaked out and I'm "of age" (18). But that's the problem with doing those shoots in the first place, you never know where the pictures are going to end up since Hailey/her family doesn't have the rights to them. I'm sure plenty of pervy guys have already ogled them online before the t-shirt was made. And I am rethinking why they are suing for such a steep number...maybe to just scare UO into giving them a good settlement/deal rather than going to court. I'm actually really excited to see the turn-out of this :lol:

It's sooooo ridiculous.

Comn guys, go and check her first thread here, she has done more provocative images then these.

Her parents just should say honestly - We want money!

And btw, this thing can be very bad for her career. Big brands and big companies are not appreciate some kind of this situations.

ps Sorry HC, you are not one of my fav anymore.

His whole story is crazy. First, they came out with Hailey just turning 16. There are people in LA with whom she worked and who know how old she really is. It's a small world. And now this new story, just a few weeks before NYFW. Is that a new strategic plan created by Mr. Clauson to boost his daughter's career? First, Mr. Clauson pushed her to take these risque photos and now he's suing people for $28 millions? Great scouting skills.

Her parents seem a bit overbearing. They have been trying to make her the 'sexy girl' model for some time, even when she was 15. Its quite apparent, not just from this shoot but others. They had to be apart of it.

TBH, the only reason they probably don't like the shirt is because they can't profit off of it themselves.

His whole story is crazy. First, they came out with Hailey just turning 16. There are people in LA with whom she worked and who know how old she really is. It's a small world. And now this new story, just a few weeks before NYFW. Is that a new strategic plan created by Mr. Clauson to boost his daughter's career? First, Mr. Clauson pushed her to take these risque photos and now he's suing people for $28 millions? Great scouting skills.

How old is she really? Did her father really push her to take those kinds of photos? I never knew what to make of it...and whether the risque photos are a result of the photographer/client asking her to be that way or someone mentoring her to pose that way or just the things she picked up looking at magazines.

Who are they going to sue next? The agency for allowing the shoot to take place? :innocent: In my opinion, the poor judgment lies on the parents. Their daughter was underage and they consented to the shoot. They clearly didn't mind the sexualized nature of the shoot back then. Why do they care about it now? Because it's on a t-shirt? Please, they were probably seen by more people online.

Not going to lie, but there's no way the parent's are going to get enough evidence to substantiate the claim. Good dear, she's actually POSING for the photos, for which she got paid!

Hailey's parents are a bunch of phonies. Hailey has been doing sexual provocative shoots from the start and she's still doing them. All you need to do is just out her newest spreads in Vogue Russia and US Allure. The parents are probably mad that they didn't get paid for that UO photo and are suing for that reason.

The fact that the image is inappropriate for a 15 yr old is not the biggest concern to me. The lawsuit needs to be about the fact that the photographer probably sold these images to Urban Outfitters or whoever made the T-shirts with or without a model's release. It sounds like Hailey is young and the photographer could have easily had her sign a model's release without even realizing it. Which means that photographer has the right to use the photo and even sell it as a "stock photo". If she did, then they have no case.

Managers need to tell these girls not to sign anything without the manager/booker's consent first... it's only their responsibility to inform the girls about these things.. no big deal or anything.

the lawsuit alleges: 'She is posed in a blatantly salacious manner with her legs spread, without a bra, revealing portions of her breasts."
I don't get this part.:huh: It's quite obvious she's wearing a shirt....and no 'portions of her breasts' are visible.

Oh dear, what has the world come to... Rich people just never can be rich enough.

I just don't get this whole "blatantly salacious" thing. Where is it? Is she a professional model or not?

The fact that the image is inappropriate for a 15 yr old is not the biggest concern to me. The lawsuit needs to be about the fact that the photographer probably sold these images to Urban Outfitters or whoever made the T-shirts with or without a model's release. It sounds like Hailey is young and the photographer could have easily had her sign a model's release without even realizing it. Which means that photographer has the right to use the photo and even sell it as a "stock photo". If she did, then they have no case.

Managers need to tell these girls not to sign anything without the manager/booker's consent first... it's only their responsibility to inform the girls about these things.. no big deal or anything.

The parents were present at the shoot and gave their consent and the photographer says that the pictures were stolen from him .The thing is she posted the pictures on her blog .Could it be that UO just took the pics from the internet and slapped it on their shirts?Unless UO paid the photographer money for the rights , well thats another story.

People probably didn't even know who the girl on the shirt was , before their lawsuit and why are the parents complaining about her reputation when she is doing the same things for Vogue?

This little girl has been sex on a stick for quite some time and in quite a few settings, not just print but she also has a very sexy runway walk, so the parents could not have been unaware of it and if they were they are basically admitting their negligence. Now there may have other legitimate grounds for a lawsuit but sexually exploiting a young girl without her, her parents' and possibly her agent's knowledge and consent is not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->