Hair Emergency - Color, Cut & Product Damages - HELP!

My friend was telling me the other day that the same thing happened with a friend of hers.
Apparently she used some apple cider vinegar in her hair (diluted in water I suppose), and the green shades disappeared 2 to 3 days later.

Good luck!

LucindaMay said:
I can never understand why people go on "detox" diets and buy expensive hair products and face cream and then not worry about the water that they are cleaning themselves with. You absorb more water through your skin than you do drinking it.
:lol::lol::lol:

I can never understand why people repeat blatantly silly things without actually thinking about whether or not they are true or even reasonable.

Oops! Hair Color Mistakes

hey guys. i really need your help. 3 days ago i went to a hairdresser to dye my hair blonde. i hab dark blonde hair before i went to the hairdresser and now they are a mix from yellow and very light blonde. it looks so ugly. i have long hair and only my hair up to the chin is yellow and light blonde, the rest is dark blonde. is it possible that i dye my hair brown or something like that. can i dye it in the next days? i can't live with that hair....:cry:

There is a very easy and simple answer to this problem. It happened to me once and all I did was get swimmers shampoo, wash my hair 5 times in a row and it was fixed. Use it for as long as you are in the dorm.

I asked a few salons first and had some really bad advice, thank heavens I didn't listen. One told me to strip the color (fry my hair) and dye it. :sick:

I hope you haven't done anything like that yet because it is NOT necessary.

Let me know how you make out.

My hair was really green too, I know how you feel but it was fixed in no time flat with swimmers shampoo.

tinuvielberen said:
:lol::lol::lol:

I can never understand why people repeat blatantly silly things without actually thinking about whether or not they are true or even reasonable.

Maybe you should do some research before you go making accusations.

"Up to 2/3 of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering.

A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for accelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 50 times the level of chemicals that tap water contains, due to the fact that chlorine and most other contaminants vaporize much faster and at a lower temperature than water. Inhalation is a much more harmful means of exposure, as the chlorine gas (chloroform) we inhale travels directly into our blood stream. When we drink contaminated water, the toxins are partially filtered out by our kidneys and digestive system. Chlorine vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs; they were used as a chemical weapon in World War II. The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children; such cases have increased 300% in the last two decades."

http://www.aquasanastore.com/water-facts.html

I had the same problem when I went to school in WV, so I got a water filter. It REALLY helped. I also take Vitamin C, crush it up, put it in bottled water and rinse my hair with it once a week.

Hair breakage from coloring

I have been getting blonde highlights for years now and I usually get a bigger piece at the very front. I've realized that now I have some really bad breakage there form doing that. What are some products or tips for building up it's strength and back to proper health so when I redye (probably pretty soon) they won't be all gone. ^_^

my hairdersser recommended the use of pure olive oil-put it on on dry hair, leave it on for as long as you wish, then shampoo it off as is(do not wet hair,before applying shampoo, this will get rid of all the oil), and then continue with whatever you normally do.

I agree with the last post- don't try to fix this at home. And I recommend NOT to use Henna. Maybe there are different types out there but if you use Henna and want to go back to blonde, it will fry your hair. My hair colorist once highlighted a girl's hair that had Henna in it and he said the foil was actually HOT because of the reaction. It ended up working but it definitely damaged the hair. I know Henna is natural (I used to use it) but it doesn't seem to mix well with other hair color.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes. I really hope everything will work out ok! (My wedding is coming up and I can imagine the panic you must have felt.)

Mind posting your ex-hairdressers name and salon so fellow tFSers can avoid her?

This sounds horrific! I have had bad hair jobs before and you just keep rewinding to just before the event and imagine yourself taking a turn AWAY from the salon.

It makes a girl really conservative about a hair! And then Trinny and Susannah are like 'Why is everyone in a rut, change your look people'. Well I say bite me.

Make sure they give you your money back and give you free blow dries for ever. And also -it's fixable. In two months time everything will be back to normal

Spring Fever, I too had a hair disaster once ... I had a beautiful head of long hair in great condition, I'd been growing it my whole life. I was in college and had always wanted beautiful *curly* hair, so I went to a friend's cousin and got a perm. She left it on for a long time since it was "virgin" hair. When she unrolled one of the rods to take a look, suddenly she and one of the others were dragging me to the sink, unrolling the rods feverishly, and rinsing. It turns out that my hair takes an excellent perm and by leaving it on so long she had irreparably damaged my hair. She also must've applied the solution unevenly because (even after she whacked at it) the hair on one side of my head was 6 inches longer than on the other side. Had I known anything, I'd have gone home and washed my hair but good, and kept doing it, but I didn't. Eventually I had to face reality and have all of it cut off.

The good news was that I liked it short--so much easier to take care of.

As far as your disaster--DO NOT TRY TO FIX THIS AT HOME. You don't like the orange? It could turn green, and I am not kidding. The others who've said you need a primo color expert who comes highly recommended (by multiple reliable sources, I might add) are absolutely right! Put on a baseball cap (you could have one custom-embroidered "Bad Hair Day," I had one made for a boyfriend :wink:), and go about your business till you can get an appt with someone who can fix this.

And it's true about the cap--that's very 1970s old school. I had highlights done that way nearly 20 years ago now, and it was old school then.

I bet something good will come of this--you're going to have better color when this is all over--and you may also learn to appreciate your hair au naturel, as I did :wink: I haven't had a perm in many moons now.

And perhaps your erstwhile hairstylist will go get some training :innocent:

PS I'm pretty adventurous with my hair & always tell myself, "The great thing about hair is it always grows out."

have you tried rinsing with tomato juice? this is supposed to work, the red counteracts the green...

i love green hair! dyed green, that is. :lol:

green_hair.jpg

source: fritzphoto

This article you are quoting is about absorption of chlorine through the skin.

You originally said:

LucindaMay said:
You absorb more water through your skin than you do drinking it.

Chlorine is not water.

I don't question the quoted facts about absorption of chlorine, but I disagree that we are absorbing more water through our skin than by drinking it.

:flower:

LucindaMay said:
Maybe you should do some research before you go making accusations.

"Up to 2/3 of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering.

A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for accelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 50 times the level of chemicals that tap water contains, due to the fact that chlorine and most other contaminants vaporize much faster and at a lower temperature than water. Inhalation is a much more harmful means of exposure, as the chlorine gas (chloroform) we inhale travels directly into our blood stream. When we drink contaminated water, the toxins are partially filtered out by our kidneys and digestive system. Chlorine vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs; they were used as a chemical weapon in World War II. The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children; such cases have increased 300% in the last two decades."

http://www.aquasanastore.com/water-facts.html

yeh i actually ordered it online, i should receive it by tommorw,ill let u know how it works!

ok, i have really dark brown hair (i'm asian) and i've been wanting to dye it a much lighter brown, kinda a golden brown, but the hair dye i'm getting doesn't let you use it on your eyebrows...and i'm wondering if i leave my eyebrows my natural colour, if it would look weird. what should i do??

Update

Alrite instead of dealing with the green i actually went out and dyed my hair red!!! Its not bad and will cover up all the green and stuff for now! Thanks for the help.

This is always a problem with dark hair. I have dark brown (almost black) hair and I tried magma too (I went to a hairdresser) and it turned out exactly the same as yours. The hairdresser told me that I can only put some die over it because when dark colours get stripped this always happens. I had to put some light brown over it but the final effect was too strong anyways (the highlighted hair went almost dark brown). But I think with lighter hair colors it should be okay. But watch out because highlighted hair is more porous and soaks up hair color very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->