Hair Extensions

I got tape extensions
they are so good and do not look like I have extensions at all

few pics

105nm3c.jpg

331dnbs.jpg

ehk5qr.jpg

not the best pictures, just wanted to show them *hahah*
it was easy to put, you can live with them normally...even tough it took a while to get used to them!

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone here have dream catchers, hairdreams or great lengths extentions? I have socap since 5 years ago when I first got them they were the only ones offered in cleveland but now I have more options. hairdreams and great lengths use keratin bonds like socap, and hair dreams uses little metal balls that can be uncrimped and moved up the hair as it grows. I've read both great and horrible reviews for each, and all the salon here just offer one method so of course they tell me why the others are horrible and theirs is the best... I'm confused :unsure:

where i live everybody uses extensions with metal balls and they re pretty happy with it.
i think it s way better since u can adjust them when the hair grows out

Does anyone know a good online retailer that sells tape extensions? That you have ordered from and the hair is really good quality and lasts a long time?

thanks

I've heard lots of raves about tape extensions, but anything that is glued to your hair scares me.

How do they go when you wash them?

Its easy. you wash your hair normally just not take conditioner straight on the tape as it might dissolve and then be really careful brushing when its wet! Ive had mine for 6 months now and find it super easy and it looks great! Ive had no problem and havnt found that it damaged my hair at all you just have to be very careful when you take them out and naturally there will be some fall out that has been stuck on the tape. I use these called skin weft which really looks like it is growing out of your head but its hard finding a stockist that does good quality ones.

I have short bright ginger hair, that is obviously dyed from a dark brown and want slightly longer thicker hair. I have no idea about hair extensions at all, where do I start? What do I ask for and can I even have them, given that I need to get my roots dyed ginger?

I've had socap which is keratin bonding and they tear your hair out. the problem is after about 3 months your hair gets too long for any (not just bonded) extensions and you have to either replace them or move them up depending on the extension type, or it'll rip your hair out. All of the bonding type extensions I've seen advertise that they last about 6 months and no extentions should be kept in that long even if they stay. It's too much stress on the hair. And even if you only keep them in for 3 months, they are hard to get out and its inevitable that some hair will be ripped out while removing them.

after doing a ton of research I found a system done in new york that I think is the best. PM me if anyone wants to know more information.

It is not a commercial method but one developed by an extentionist in NY so you cant get it anywhere else. If I didnt have this is microchet would be m second choice. As long as your gentle it wont damage your hair at all.

Can anybody recommend a good brand of tape or clip extensions which is available in Europe as well ?.... I am not sure what is better, for adding volume though. Clips or Tape extensions?

I would appreciate ur help very much cause I am pretty desperate with my thin hair- I need some volume !!!

I had almost all the kind of extensions possible , sewed , bondage(keratine) , clip and now I have Eurolock.

I have to say eurolock is the best i had so far... it's a tiny tube , they put your hair in it , they put the extensions in it and they press it tight. string by string. my hair are pretty short and it doesn't show AT ALL !!! Nobody knows.

I find all kind of extensions being a LOT of work, hard to wash , long to dry etc... the result is amazing but i'm tired of spending hours on my hair. I'm getting everything removed tomorrow and trying to love my short natural hair :blush:

I've had keratin extensions for years. I know they are supposed to damage your hair, but mine has gotten really long and healthy. It's weird actually. I wore my hair naturally for about a week or so (I was in between ordering new hair) and I was amazed on how thick and soft my hair is and how healthy the ends are. The extensions haven't ripped any of my natural hair out.

^ I never heard about Keratine damaging your hair , they are supposed to help because of the proteine....the problem for me was that I use to lose a lot of them when I wash or style them and the flat iron can make them melt very easily.:(.. you have that probleme chanelfur?

Nope. I've had a few pieces fall out when I tugged at my hair with a brush (but that was my own fault). But other than that, they always seem to hold up really well.

I used to have extensions, but at first it looked awful (when I had really long extensions).
It always looks better when it's natural, on normal unfamous people who can't afford the same experts.

I have short hair and I love it (it's just a lot easier), but I recently did a play in which I wear a lacefront, and I realized- I'm ready for a change! I think I want long hair, and I think I'm gonna get a weave. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind to get? I'm torn between sewn in and clip ins- clip ins are better for your hair, but I think sewn in is better for length (which is what I want/need).

I have short hair and I love it (it's just a lot easier), but I recently did a play in which I wear a lacefront, and I realized- I'm ready for a change! I think I want long hair, and I think I'm gonna get a weave. Does anyone have suggestions as to what kind to get? I'm torn between sewn in and clip ins- clip ins are better for your hair, but I think sewn in is better for length (which is what I want/need).

i ve had both and sewn in are good, the first couple of days your head s kinda tight but then it gets better. the good thing with sewn in is that you can pretty much do anything with them, go to the beach... but then you d have to tighten them every month or so.

clip ins are a good option if you re looking for something not permanent. if it s just a once in a while thing for big occasions

i was thinking about getting some of the clip ons of real hair from a place in midtown manhattan, helena collection. anybody know a good way to buy the clip ons so they match, is it best to just go in and have them look at it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->