Hair Extensions

LilyBird

Reaction score
I just recently dyed my hair from its natural light blonde to a richer chocolate brown (almost mandy moore's color...). I also got thick bangs cut. I love the color and bangs, but the rest of my hair is just past my shoulders, and I HATE it this length.

My hair grows quickly, but I want long hair now, so what do you think about hair extension for me?

I found this web site that is supposedly good, but if you have any other specific information or other ideas that would be nice too!

Great Lengths--Hair Extension

Thank you,
Liliana

hi VIDA :flower:

i have had extensions. both: weaved in and glued by streaks..

real and artificial hair...

this is my opinion: def go with real hair and def let it be weaved into your own hair. it is the same way they use as on AFRO AMERICAN hair. and its the method that you can see the least. meaning, it looks natural.

plus, if you pick real hair (which is ordered once they send in a piece of your own hair ) you can always reuse it :wink:

hope that helps!

I agree with Leyla. Its a huge trend here, everybody is doing the weaves in nice colous that brings out your haircolour... One of my friends dyes them also, to match her haircolour, and I dont see any difference... :wink:

definately go for a WEAVE............glue-ins are a NO NO

I have had extenstions for about a year and I love them...they are human hair and they are done using the Chrissy V method. They are bonded on to your own hair..not like the hot glue. My natural hair is very fine and breaks easy and with these extensions I can finally have long nice hair. It is expensive...it averages out to cost about $350 a month, but it is worth it.

Originally posted by christilynn@Dec 13th, 2003 - 6:34 pm
$350 a month
thanks for the advice guys!

I have decided to not get them do to the money factor (ie I have none).

I am still researching this though, I would love to have long hair again!

Originally posted by Vida+Dec 15th, 2003 - 1:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vida @ Dec 15th, 2003 - 1:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-christilynn@Dec 13th, 2003 - 6:34 pm
$350 a month
thanks for the advice guys!

I have decided to not get them do to the money factor (ie I have none).

I am still researching this though, I would love to have long hair again! [/b][/quote]
i dont know where you live but there is a place in london known only for extensions (stars go there too)
thats where i had my first extensions. theyt are no real hair, therefore cheaper. so if it is to have fun, then you should check it out next time you are there :wink:

its on kensignton church street.. and someone please remind me the name :doh:

otherwise, if you go to afro american hairsalons, they are a lot cheaper too :P

Just watch out for those 60 g hair extensions, (Beyonce, cough, cough).

CRAZY. Nobody should spend that much money on something fake.

Personally I say no. I don't like fake nails, hair, diamonds etc. But if you do do it, remember to condition and eat lots of fruits and vegetables so that your real hair stays strong beneath the extensions.

having gotten my hair braided for a while... with fake hair extensions.. dont go for them... i was testing the waters... hence i didnt want to invest in the real sh*t...
but the fake are just yuck...well mine were.... i got mine done by this girl in my uni...she did a pretty good job....but the not washin them and the itchyness got to me...

with proper extensions...how do they weave it to ur hair????... ive read that havin extensions can pull on ur real hair.. n make it fall... leyla...some advice please mme. ????

The extensions that I have are put on with a bond. I have very fine hair that easily breaks and I have worn them for over a year and have had no problems. I go to the salon every six weeks to have them removed and put back in. The hair I get is human hair and lasts about six months.
I flat iron it every other day so it starts splitting after 6 months. My real hair has no damage at all
from the extensions. Check out Chrissy Vs website, she invented this method for extensions. I was lucky to find a salon in my area that does this type of extensions. I have heard alot of nightmare stories from people that have had the extensions weaved in or used the hot glue
method. This method I can highly recommend!

I got fake ones as I wanted to see if I liked them before spending a fortune on real ones. They were done by weaving. I didn't like them and wouldn't have them again.

i paid 250 for extentions last year and kept them in for 4 days!

thats how much i hated them.......they itched my face.....got tangled and were impossible to take out

They do get tangled & are pracically impossible to untangle.
I kept mine for a few weeks & they looked like very bad fake dreadlocks at the end - they HAD to go!

alrighty I'm thinking of hair extensions but don't know where to begin because I live in a small crappy city. What do I say to people at salons? Just inquire if they do real hair extensions? Not many people get them here so I don't know who to ask for recommendations. Boooo. :cry:

i got glued in hair extentions... but only 3 streaks...
it looks nice =)))
hmmm...but if you want extentions make sure you take care of it~~~
or else it could get frizzy and weird

I want to get hair extensions, but I'm a bit scared that it can damage my own hair. Not I've heard that there is a new technologies to stick extensions with ultra sound. What do you think about it. I think we have Greatlengths salon here in Hungary. Are they good?
One more question: How do they put off the extensions? Will it be painful or hard to put off?

I've wanted hair extensions, but I just don't have the cash. It'd be great if I could spend a fairly inexpensive amount on some clip hair extensions, but I don't see that happening for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->