Hair Extensions

i'd love hair extensions but the amount these poor women get paid to give up their hair is horrible to me...personally i couldn't wear it :( what is the quality of synthetic hair extensions like?

tifa said:
i'd love hair extensions but the amount these poor women get paid to give up their hair is horrible to me...personally i couldn't wear it :( what is the quality of synthetic hair extensions like?
if you get the kind that you can heat style, it's pretty close to normal hair I think.

A weave is what it's called when you have long hair added to your short, sort of, when it's woven into your hair basically, that's why it's called a weave.

As we know, there are multiple methods of adding length and volume to any hair...

beb415 said:
Mine is the same, and I used to have shrinkies. When I got mine taken out and put back on the same day, I noticed so much of my own hair was coming out while she was taking the extensions off, but the extensionist said "it is normal because we shed a lot of hair everyday and all the hair shedded is stuck on the bonds." I don't know if I should believe her, did this happen to you too?

This is true. When you realize that about 15-100 hairs shed each day naturally then it may seem that after 2-3 months it looks like a hair loss when you take the shrinkies out but in fact it just really naturally shedded hair trapped in the bond.

vintageprincess said:
Hey! I have never gotten hair extensions before and I really want them. My friend got her's not not too long ago and they look great! I was wondering if you could like color the hair when it's on your head..lol...that sounds funny but yea..and your thought on hair extensions in general!!

It depends on your hair color. If you get for example brown hair and you want to darken it, then of course you can do it, even at home. If you get dark hair and decide later on to lighten it than this is not recommended doing at home. But for example if you get blonde hair and your own hair is darker and growing out you can always do the roots yourself, that should not be a problem. Same vice versa when your natural hair color is light and you need to get your roots done, you can do it at home.

Thanks Fallyne for the website!! I am actually planning on getting them in September, as I will be traveling all summer long...but I'll post a photo when I get them done.^_^

ive already done the great lengths bonding extensions, i love them i might take them off in summer i dont know if i should get them replaced again since bonding, is it harmful to my hair, like will it thin my hair and stuff? i want to continue but im afraid!!

carlajane said:
I just bought a $200 CDN human hair clip on extension kit and I LOVE them
no commitment at all, can reuse them whenever, they look totally natural and make my fine hair thick and long...LOVE THEM
They come in different widths, and clip in with an ultra small clip and stay in all night, I even went dancing last night....:D :D :D
check out www.beasbraiding.com
thats where I got mine from

i just bought clip-in's too and I LOVE them. so easy and natural looking. and NO damage to my hair. they are amazing.

Does anybody have any experience with clip-on extensions? How many do you need to do your full head? The set I was looking at has 8 pieces - 8", 7", 5", 2x3", 3x2". Would that be enough?

i have been thinking about getting hair extensions for a while but i just don't know where to go for a good extensions with great price. my friend refered me to a place and says that they uses 'hairloc' (i'm guessing is another method of using hair extensions) but their price range is like 600-1000!??!?! i think that's just ridiculous for me. i'm looking for prices around 2-300? is that possible? i don't want to get it weaved though. i live around los angeles (SF valley to be exact.) if anyone lives in LA or the valley and would recommend a great salon w/ great price for me i would really appreciate it. thanks:smile:

I've been getting socap extentions for the past couple years and really love them, best I've seen. I'd call around and see who does them there, I'm sure you'd find someone. The price really depends on how much your getting, but I really recommend these.

I want to try hair extensions for just a week when I go on vacation and Vegas, NYE, but the price is outrageous, $250 plus! Its craziness, I'm not sure thats something that is really worth my money.

has anyone heard of or used euronext clipon extensions? i saw them at Sally Beauty supply and they looked nice. They were only $70 for a pack with vavious widths and it is real hair.

too good to be true or good find?

I can post some pictures. my hairstylists do this (i have two) but I haven't personally gotten it done yet. I will be though

hmmm..im interested in clip on extensions, but im not really sure how it works. like if its clipped under a layer of your own hair, wouldnt your hair be incredibly uneven with the mix of your own hair and the extensions? since the extensions would be making your hair longer while your own hair is short? :blink:

I've only used clip-on extensions to add fullness and I had a layered cut, and my extensions were different lengths. They looked pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->