Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

I have them all - different wooden ones, different plastic ones and then those wire ones from ikea. It's all really messy...

I'm not a hanger snob, but I should learn how to be one. My clothes have some really bad marks of where the hangers were sometimes.

Now i use wooden hanger's and some padded ones for more delicate fabrics

I have a combo right now of wood and plastic.

I am moving in two weeks and I am doing my new walk in closet in Elfa from the Container Store. Im doing the platinum and walnut, so Im going to switch over to all walnut hangers.

Here is a pic of what my closet will SORT OF look like
16946.jpg

containerstore.com

But I am going to have one side be all draws (mesh instead of wire), one section for pants, and two double hang sections for tops. Then two shelves at the very top that will hold all of my shoes in clear plastic boxes.

I cant wait!!

Here is my closet. I moved my suits,blazers, sweaters and overcoats to the guest closet. so this is just my everyday stuff

Attachments

• closet.JPG
    closet.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 2
  • closet2.JPG
    closet2.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 1
Sometimes you can see the shape of my hangers in the shouderpart of the clothes, does anyone know how to prevent that?

^^ me too, but I don't know what to do about it

^ i hate that too. Maybe buy narrower hangers or fold the pieces or get the hangers that are straight with clips.
I love it when they give you the hangers that the clothes hang on in the shop.

wow, Ianastar, that's so well and stylishly organised. I need a wardrobe like that!

^I agree. That closet looks amazing. I must admit I'm very jealous...lol

Only wooden hangers for me. Suits, blazers, jackets, and coats get hung on the thick plastic hangers they came with from the store. Jeans hang neatly from their back belt loop on an Ikea wall hanging unit.

I'm lucky if my clothes just get on a hanger and not in a giant pile on the floor. I'm moving in 2-3 weeks so I have no motivation to clean up. Maybe I'll start packing tonight.

^ I'm moving in a few weeks as well, so I know the feeling! I can't wait to not have boxes all around me and not remembering what is packed and what isn't!

Every retail job I've had I've left with a big bag of nice hangers...so that's what I use. The metal hangers they give you at the dry-cleaners are one of my pet peeves.

I remember Neimans selling some genuine mink hangers the other year and I vowed to get some when they were in the sale (I missed the sale!). I think they were around $80 each but reduced to $20 (I'm told). I know this is a bit 'diva' ish but I just adored them!

Have you seen those snugger ones.

I think that is what they are called. They are supossed to hold clothes on the hangers better.

they have wonderful hangers at costco at the moment. they are wood, with a bar for slacks, and notches for small straps. a box of 50 cherry hangers for only $25. a good deal.

El-cheapo beech coloured wooden hangers...which take up too much closet space really. Tiered hangers are the way of the future!

i so agree with people who metionted the wire hangers before! i can't stand wire hangers, even have an impression that it can make the prettiest clothes look ugly! i mostly use wooden ones and for my prettiest dresses and blouses i have the silk padded hangers. i found absolutely gorgeous ones in BHV last winter :P

i use everything. i somehow have amassed a bunch of random ones. wire, plastic in tons of colors, wooden... i would like to unify them all and redo my closet but id rather save that money and invest it in more clothes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->