What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

As You Like It

Proponent of Plaid
Reaction score
If you drive or would want to drive, that is.

beetle.jpg

This is my much beloved 1959 Volkswagen Type 1, which I've had for about 10 years, and which is probably going to be getting a paint job this summer.

When it is done, it will look just like this one right down to the color.

YellowCarOutFront.jpg

This is my husband's car; a 2003 New Beetle (Turbo diesel...*vroooom*!) He really adores it.

For me, the '59 is my ideal car. Sure, it is kind of primitive--not much for creature comforts, a little underpowered, but so much fun. People really turn and look. It has that cheerful, flatulent-sounding exhaust note. It smells kind of organic, since the seats are padded with horsehair and the headliner is made of woollen fabric. It's a little challenging to drive, because it is kind of underpowered, has the slightly skittish swingaxle rear suspension, and has a bit of a blind spot. I am willing to put up with its shortcomings because I like the car as a whole. I've had it for ages, so I know what to expect in all kinds of driving situations, and I just find it to be a comfortable car. Sure, our diesel New Beetle gets better mileage and has many, many more features, however I am more familiar with the older car. Funny as it might seem, the New Beetle feels really big to me when I drive it. Wide. I look at my '59 as more a hobby than a mode of transportation. Since I mostly get around town by biking or taking the bus, I can get away with a less than practical car. I intend to have this car for as long as I am able to drive!

So, what's your car, do you like it, what, if anything, does it say about you, and how long do you plan on keeping it?

I don't own a car yet, but when I do, it will surely be a silver Porsche Boxster... :innocent:

I don't even drive let alone own a car but for some reason I have fallen prey to those adorable Mini Coopers...I love them.

i have a white 1997 Mercedes S 320 designo & plan to keep it for ever :heart:

I drive the 2003 VW convertible Beetle. The color is Harvest Moon with a black top and cream colored leather interior :heart: I love my car :heart:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:21 am
And, this isn't a car, but I want one anyhow. A baby blue Vespa! :woot:
I was thinking of getting one of them, but the £4000 price tage makes a car seem a more attractive option.

I have a 1997 Honda Accord. All 4 members of my family drive Hondas (mine is the oldest :doh: ). We're all so darn practical.

My ideal car is a silver Audi A8:

2004_main_a8model_a8l.jpg

But I'd just as well prefer to live in the city and not have to drive at all. :innocent:

i have a red VW golf GTI but i dont drive it because i have no need to

i WISH i had a land rover or black ferrari 360 spider

I've never taken a license, so I can't drive. I've always lived in cities with good public transport so there has never been a need for it.

But if I would get a license/car, it would be a fun one! Like a Mini or something. I have no need for a flashy, expensive "prestige" car.

I sometimes drive my father's Audi A4, but someday I'll by my own Volvo.

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Sport Special Edition. I've had it for nearly 3 yrs and abosolutely :heart: it!

jet black '02 bmw 330ci convertible...which reminds me I gotta get that coolant light looked at when I go home :shock:

I used to reaaally want a mini cooper, until my aunt got in an accident in hers no more than 2 weeks after she got it :( ....they're cuter than they are safe

Originally posted by texastechgirlie@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 3:21 am
I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Sport Special Edition. I've had it for nearly 3 yrs and abosolutely :heart: it!
I use to have a white Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo! I absolutely *loved* :wub: that thing! But now I drive a 2001 black VW Passat, and it's amazing. Drives just like an Audi, (in fact, VW makes Audi), except it's thousands cheaper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->