Harper's Bazaar Runway Report F/W 08.09

MissMagAddict

Reaction score

Runway's First Run
Harper's Bazaar launches publication
Tuesday, July 22, 2008

(NEW YORK) Harper's Bazaar's fashion authority is looking a bit more ubiquitous. The venerable style book, edited by Glenda Bailey, is launching a new side publication entitled Runway Report, which lands on newsstands July 29 and will remain there until November 1. Its objective? To provide Bazaar readers with a tool to sift through all things runway--aiding in the tricky process of creating an expertly edited fall wardrobe.

The Report, which will divide collections by city and designer, is edited by Harper's Bazaar fashion news and features director Kristina O'Neill. "We found that there was still so much more we wanted to say about the clothes, and so many more looks that we wanted to highlight from each show," she said. "We know our readers love clothes, and this is really a full report on what we saw at the shows, and what they are going to want to be wearing as soon as the weather cools."

The first run of Runway Report will boast a circulation of 200,000, which will be split between newsstands in top markets and Bazaar subscribers from households with annual incomes over $100,000. The book features 220 pages total, including 81 pages of advertising. Newsstand copies will retail for $6.95.
source | fwd

Eeek i didnt see this thread and i posted this in the Buisness thread :lol: please delete my post.

I have to say i am excited about it, i just love all of Runway mags :blush: i cant get enough and hopefully this wont be crazy expensive in my country cuz you know i will get it even if it is. :shifty: :ninja:

It sounds a bit like what WWD puts out for each season, only that mag is 10 bucks. Needless to say I'll be checking this out.

Thanks for the scoop MMA!

^^Oh I didn't look there :lol: but that's OK Miss Dalloway... We can leave your post about this there... I just thought more people would see it this way.

Thank You :heart:

Checked this out at Barnes and Noble today. Nothing you couldn't find in the Designers section here :shrug:

HELLO!

This is why there's Style.com!

Yeah there's style.com... but it is also nice to have a magazine like this on hand for quick reference without having to go through the pictures on style.com. W, Paris Vogue, & UK Elle also have Runway magazines each season... and Vogue Italia has a supplement... so there's obviously a demand for it.

I'm sure they could have come up witha better cover, an eight year old could have created this one.

Wow, Donaldson is on the center.
Can she be called as "runway queen",huh?

I'm waiting for the datail so.

so is this the little black dress cover?
I think ill stick to my WWD..theres a better chance
of me getting that than this probably

Looks pretty interesting. I will have to continue checking my bookstore to see when it's in. The price seems pretty reasonable, I hope content is good as well. I thought about buying the Vogue Paris collections issue, but I couldn't spend another $40 on magazines this month. I do want to flip through this to see if its worth purchasing.

Yeah there's style.com... but it is also nice to have a magazine like this on hand for quick reference without having to go through the pictures on style.com. W, Paris Vogue, & UK Elle also have Runway magazines each season... and Vogue Italia has a supplement... so there's obviously a demand for it.

I agree. I always like to have these supplemental magazines, they usually have great shots and it's nice to see a collection in print in a few pages.

does anyone have it?...full review please?? thks

does anyone have it?...full review please?? thks

There's not much too review. The best part of the magazine is the 80 page spread of runway pictures from the shows, categorized by city (it does feature London, which Bazaar usually ignores, but it's only 2 pages) and further broken down by designer.

The "Hottest, Newest, Latest" section features tidbits from the shows, including who sat front row where, a short feature on the newest models, and Editor's Guides to all 4 cities.

There is also a "Top Trends" section, a "Key Pieces" section, and a "Best Beauty" section.

It is essentially Harper's Bazaar, only without editorials.

I wonder if this would be at Borders.I'll have to check when I am looking at Vogue Paris.

mine came today. i only flipped through it quickly, but i think it's worth the purchase for those contemplating.

There's not much too review. The best part of the magazine is the 80 page spread of runway pictures from the shows, categorized by city (it does feature London, which Bazaar usually ignores, but it's only 2 pages) and further broken down by designer.

The "Hottest, Newest, Latest" section features tidbits from the shows, including who sat front row where, a short feature on the newest models, and Editor's Guides to all 4 cities.

There is also a "Top Trends" section, a "Key Pieces" section, and a "Best Beauty" section.

It is essentially Harper's Bazaar, only without editorials.

ok thanks....is there anything about accesories???

I got it a few days ago, and I'd say it's worth it for the money. It's not expensive, and you get the runway pictures from the shows.
My scanner is broken, but I will try to take some pictures this weekend...I ordered a cable to connect my camera to the computer two weeks ago and it still hasnt gotten here. If I have a cable by sat/sunday, I will definitely take pics in case anyone is still on the fence about purchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->