UK Harper's Bazaar March 2009 : Emily Blunt

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
Thought i would start the thread, thanks to 8eight who posted the partial cover in CR thread.

HarpersBazaar460.jpg

Fashion magazine Harper's Bazaar will defy the media downturn with a special super-sized edition for March.
The fashion magazine will produce a jumbo 330mm x 245mm issue, in contrast with its normal 290mm x 215mm size, for its regular price of £3.99. Harper's Bazaar will use the extra space to showcase spring fashion.
Publisher National Magazines will carry the additional cost in paper and distribution as a "credit-crunch treat" for readers.
The larger magazine will still be on the shelves next month when rival glossy magazine publisher Conde Nast launches its long-awaited twice-yearly style title Love, edited by Katie Grand and costing £5.
Lucy Yeomans, the Harper's Bazaar editor, said: "At a time when everyone's thinking about cutting back and downsizing, it's wonderful to be able to treat our readers to this super-luxe, super-sized March issue at no extra cost.
"I'm delighted also to have British actress Emily Blunt on the cover. Having stolen the show in The Devil Wears Prada, Blunt steps into two major starring roles this month - like our issue she is, literally, the new big thing!"
Tess Macleod Smith, the title's publishing director, added that the magazine was an affordable luxury during the credit crunch: "We are delivering a very confident product and this month we're giving readers something extra-special at the newsstand. In these challenging times we continue to push the creative boundaries and deliver a magazine that showcases a wide range of product to exquisite effect."
The magazine continued its strong run of Audit Bureau of Circulations figures with a headline sale of 109,146 in the first half of last year. This was an 11th successive circulation increase, up 3.1% year on year and 0.1% on the second half of last year.
Previously, Harper's Bazaar, which used to be known as Harper's & Queen, has encrusted its masthead with Swarovski diamonds.

Source : http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jan/28/harpers-bazaar-jumbo-march

She is fantastic, and way better than the array of American starlet's they have been going with lately.However i hoped for a model cover in March, im sure the content will be great though.

love her but hate the cover. she looks so weird! like her nose is really flat and her features look drawn on. her face just looks so........ flat.

The issue includes interviews with actors James McAvoy and Emily Blunt, fashion designer Luella Bartley, director Sofia Coppola and a feature by Toby Young on Oxford University's secret societies.
(info from brandrepublic)

:buzz: 'super-sized issue'
Emily looks good on the cover, looking forward to seeing the other half.

I like her but this cover is so :doh: Not her best angle.

i love her and i love it and ill get it... she has something special... she is cool... sexy and interesting... and is not annoyingly everywhere...

like everyone else i quite like her..she was really funny in the Devil Wears Prada and kind of special, IMO. She's not working it here, though

I don't find her very attractive but I think she's a talented actress

so far i really like how she looks, and all that gold looks great with her skintone

I've always find her really gorgeous! Finally a cover for her! :D

I'm exicited about the larger size! Can't wait to see what's inside, not impressed with the cover photo though I like her.

I'm excited about the larger size too, but it will look out of place in my pile of UK HB's :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->