Harper's Bazaar Dubai March 2007 : Shakira

tigerrouge

don't look down
Reaction score
No joke - I was just browsing when I came upon press releases about the launch of the Dubai edition of Harper's Bazaar. Attached is the cover image, all info taken from ArabianBusiness.com.

------------------------

(By Rob Corder on Thursday, 01 March 2007)

ITP Consumer Publishing, part of the ITP Group that publishes ArabianBusiness.com, has launched Harper's BAZAAR Dubai with an initial print run of 15,000 copies.

The English-language magazine will be on sale throughout the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar, and will have its circulation audited by the BPA International.

Former Grazia editor, Rachel Sharp, has been appointed as editor-in-chief for Harper's BAZAAR Dubai, and says that the launch is a timely recognition of fashion's importance to Dubai and the wider Middle East region. "Everybody in the fashion industry that I speak to in Milan, Paris and New York is desperate to be involved in the excitement of Dubai. It is a huge market for them and they are delighted that a magazine with the authority of Harper's BAZAAR is launching in the city," said Sharp.

At 176 pages, the premiere issue of Harper's BAZAAR Dubai is one of the largest launch issues the Middle East has witnessed, as well as the biggest that ITP has produced in its 20-year publishing history.

"With its ever-expanding luxury business and fashion-forward population, Dubai is the perfect place for Harper's BAZAAR to launch its 22nd edition," said George J. Green, president of Hearst Magazines International, ITP's publishing partner for Harper's BAZAAR Dubai. "We are pleased to be working with ITP to bring BAZAAR's highly-regarded expertise to this market."

The March issue of Harper's BAZAAR Dubai features international recording artist Shakira on its cover, photographed by Robert Erdmann. Shakira, who is of Middle Eastern origin, gives an interview to BAZAAR prior to her first concert in the region in three years.

The issue also include features on designers such as John Galliano and BIBA's Bella Freud; a couture report from the Paris fashion shows; coverage of the UAE's burgeoning art scene; tips for luxury living; design interiors; and beauty must-haves.

Attachments

• HB Dubai.jpg
    HB Dubai.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 16
Very pretty! Great work by Dubai! Looks even better than the latest covers of US Vogue!

That's really cool!

My dad does business occasionally in Dubai, so here's another thing I'm going to have to get him to pick up for me when he's over there!

Awsome,thanks a lot for posting this Tigerrouge :flower:
I think they could have picked a model or at least someone else for their first cover........

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great. Color me ignorant, but I had no idea there was a HB Dubai. Why isn't it in Arabic? Catering to the English speaking businessmen/women there maybe?

the cover looks just like the US version (shakira or not).....

I hope I am misremembering, but I thought that image is from US Elle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->