Harper's Bazaar UK October 2007 : Gisele by Alexei Hay

Thank you for the scans Jen :smile: I can't believe they've made Leona Lewis look remotely interesting!

The cover looks messy, don't like it!

What I don't like about the cover is that it looks like an editorial image hastily chosen to act a cover shot, rather than something specifically posed for the front of the magazine. There's a lack of harmony in the overall layout, although I do like the way her hair is "on fire". And in a way, I like how this cover is something different, with those darker, less attention-grabbing colours.

Amazing editorials. Although they look like they've been shot by the same person, I still love the strong quality/retro vibe!

That cover is probably the most powerful I have ever seen.
Makes me want to buy it ^_^

and the editorials are great too :heart:

Was reading the issue last night, some things I noticed:

• 2 pg article where Marie Helvin talks about dating like a man
• 4 pg interview with Olivier Theyskins
• 3 pg Polly Vernon's memories about 1980s fashion
• 3 pg article on where to get your clothes tailored and repaired
(the repainting of the red soles of a Louboutin "costs from £12")
• 5 pg "A Life in Style" with Charlotte Rampling
• 4 pg article on the varying advice of different plastic surgeons when one woman went to see them
• 6 pg interview with Tilda Swinton, "a refreshingly different sort of film star".
• 6 pg interview with human rights lawyer Jason McCue
• 4 pg interview with Rachel Zoe
• 4 pg where editor Lucy Yeomans goes on a spa odyssey in the Italian Alps
• 1 pg "Why Don't You" with artist Sam Taylor Wood.

The travel section is a 12 pg Brazil special.
PLUS lots of fashion & beauty pages, and a glued-in ribbon bookmark with the Chloe logo.
Comes with a 66 pg "Bazaar At Work" supplement.

An entertaining issue - light-hearted but not superficial. There's a lot of class and intelligence invested in this revamp, and someone's clearly been at the Bazaar archives for typographic inspiration.

The Christmas subscription offers have started, where you can get this magazine for around £22; that's £1.90 or so an issue, instead of £3.70.

can someone please post Fabiana's editorial ?

I love the cover. It reminds me of the covers of Vogue/Harpers Bazaar from the late 90s - early 2000s :crush:

i love the cover
Leona's ed is gorgeous
what is off that Valentina's ed

Is there an editorial from phrographer Eric Traore in it???

why is G always the same... plus, kate has look alike cover for errrrrm, not sure, but vogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->