Heatherette F/W 07.08 New York

All I know is that they were definitely on drugs (bad ones) when they made this collection.

omg, this stuff is crap. and i call it stuff because i dont know what else to call it. its certaintly not worth of the word fashion. ick!

I really think that Heatherette is a waste of space in the tents. So many better collections are out there that could have taken up the time!

dannyboy0828 said:
a little bit of me died with every picture, but then came that lanvin RIP OFF. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Maybe ny fashion week wouldnt be losing its prestige if "designers" like hearthette and kimora didnt show?

it's just kind of awkward viewing a beautiful marc jacobs collection and then seeing this trash.
hey i love kimora she rulez

#70: No it's not Aubrey or Shannon-if it was anyone I'd go with Tinsley Mortimer-she ALWAYS does the Heatherette show.

Trista said:
#70: No it's not Aubrey or Shannon-if it was anyone I'd go with Tinsley Mortimer-she ALWAYS does the Heatherette show.

Nope it's Aubrey

and it gets worse...terrible...but oddly entertaining to see their trash come down the runway and even trashier sounding designers trot and skate their way down the catwalk to applause. <by blind audience...>

watchnotch said:
You guys are being entirley too tough on poor Heatherette. Sure alot of the clothing is tacky, but atleast it is different from something as boring as Michael Kors, who sends the same safari coat or black dress down the runway every season. They aren't designing for sophisticated white collar employees or cocktail parties, so if they want to explode with color and ideas, then let them. I mean how can you be mad at Richie Rich. When one of the main designers was a club kid in the late 80's and early 90's what else would you expect. the construction isn't all too horrible either. Sooo negative here at the fashion spot aren't we?

Seriously! There's no need to take it seriously. Obviously they're not!

This is ridiculous, the gimmick is up..now leave the building!!

i agree with xmodel_citizen! This stuff is not CRAP! It's CAMP! As much as I hate wikipedia it gives a quick version of what CAMP is. If you don't get it, then yeah it's trash. If you get it, it's f*cking hilarious, fun and a breath of fresh air!

OMG! The ballerina girls got so f*cking scared of Kimora + Amanda they didnt even cried normal! They cried pepto bismol! This label needs a good old exorcism!

WHY ALL THE NASTY TRANSEXUAL COMMENTS? This is a fashion forum!Heatherette's clothes are the laughingstock of the fashion community, But it is so unnatractive for a girl to be ripping on a transexual woman. you just come off as sexually fustrated! and I feel bad for you if you dont accept the LGBT community if you are (or want to be) part of the fashion industy! GROW UP!

sogangsta said:
i feel like i'd need to bring aspirin to this show
That's not exactly fighting fire with fire :lol:

About the Lanvin cc, not really, I mean, that dress was a very simple concept in the first place, hardly worth a patent. Besides, Lanvin had a shot of their last campaign (although it looked a lot like a Bourdin shot from the mid 70s) while the Heatherette shot looks like Judy Garland (not surprising).

Last edited by a moderator:
Renata Espinosa Fashion Wire Daily
As if to underscore this, the theme of Heatherette's show was "The Wizard of Oz", though what this had to do with the collection, which could only be described as "tired club kids with a glue gun gone wild in the fabric trash bins of the garment district" - is anyone's guess.

Toto, this is what happens when there is no governing body as to who shows in dear NYC. Now hand me my sick bag, please...

They actually covered this collection on style.com. They must be hard-up for shows this year. :lol:

NEW YORK, February 6, 2007 – Since they launched their collection eight years ago, designers Richie Rich and Traver Rains have defied expectations and steadily built a business out of their cartoony, club-kid gear. Two years ago they partnered with investors the Weisfeld Group. And last year, the label that once didn't dare dream of seeing a selling floor even spun off a lower-priced line, now carried in over a hundred stores and its own in-store boutique at Macy's in Herald Square.

That said, Rich and Rains haven't lost an iota of the outrageously kooky spirit that makes entering the world of Heatherette a bit like dropping down a psychedelic rabbit hole. This season, it was a madcap take on The Wizard of Oz titled "Over the Rainbow," with their perennial muses cast in starring roles. Amanda Lepore took the role of the Good Witch Glenda, while Dorothy was played by Lydia Hearst, outfitted aptly for the role except for the racket bag on her arm. (The latter, a limited-edition piece from Puma's French 77 collection, is the fruit of a design collaboration between Hearst and Heatherette—even a muse needs to market herself.) As always, amid the mad mix of deconstructed, reconstructed looks were some real clothes. A banded skirt over a pale blouse didn't make much sense, but a stiff black skirtsuit embellished with oversize googly eyes somehow worked. Ultimately, though, what will get their fans shopping is the series of block-lettered T-shirts that closed the show, with sayings like "WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE" and "IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN."

– Meenal Mistry

See, the googly-eye dress is awesome. :P

..What was the point of all this? I really,really don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->