Heatherette F/W 07.08 New York

YOU ALL ARE ACTING REDICULOUS! I CANT BELIVE HOW CLOSED MINDED A FASHION COMMUNITY CAN BE!
THINGS I'D WEAR FROM HEATHERETTE F/W 2007...
THE SKIRT : LOVE THE COLOR COMBO... THE BAG
00040m.jpg

THE PANTS, THE TEE : WHAT GIRL DOESN'T LOVE PINK

00140m.jpg

THE SKIRT, THE TOP, THE FUR, THE SHOES
00160m.jpg

THE TEE, THE SHOES
00170m.jpg

THE JACKET, THE SKIRT, THE TEE, THE SHOES?
00200m.jpg

THIS TEE IS CUTE TO ME
00210m.jpg

AS IS THIS ONE
00230m.jpg

TRY TO TELL ME GIRLS IN LONDON WOULDN'T DIE FOR THIS JACKET I.E. LILY ALLEN... THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PIECE!
00300m.jpg

PANTS ARE CUTE FOR BOYS OR GIRLS
00310m.jpg

I WOULDN'T PERSONALLY WEAR THIS BUT I KNOW A FEW GIRLS WHO WOULD
00350m.jpg

00380m.jpg

00410m.jpg

all photos courtesy of style.com

style.com's review of the show...
NEW YORK, February 6, 2007 – Since they launched their collection eight years ago, designers Richie Rich and Traver Rains have defied expectations and steadily built a business out of their cartoony, club-kid gear. Two years ago they partnered with investors the Weisfeld Group. And last year, the label that once didn't dare dream of seeing a selling floor even spun off a lower-priced line, now carried in over a hundred stores and its own in-store boutique at Macy's in Herald Square.

THERE YOU SEE HEATHERETTE IS HERE TO STAY SO EAT IT UP KIDS!

Last edited by a moderator:
rant much? chill out, everyone's allowed their own opinions.

hahahaha can't u be a BIT more positive? I think it's really funky, the colours are the best thing. The striped skirt is awesome.

It looks like a bunch of models regurgitated from a craft hut.

lol "assless".....I cant get over how stupid that sounds, never the less it's fashion'e new jargon.

To me it seems as if Heatherette in a way is more about the theatrics and display of fashion as opposed to the actual clothing itself as a wearable item.
with that being said I don't necessarily like their stuff.

D'Felipe said:
I WOULDN'T PERSONALLY WEAR THIS BUT I KNOW A FEW GIRLS WHO WOULD
i agree. it is actually really gorgeous. just take away the hat and bracelets. that print was one of my fave things from this collection. i MUST have something in it..... (we'll see)

i also like the bags, but the leger wannabe band skirts etc are a total turnoff. :yuk:

watchnotch said:
You guys are being entirley too tough on poor Heatherette. Sure alot of the clothing is tacky, but atleast it is different from something as boring as Michael Kors, who sends the same safari coat or black dress down the runway every season. They aren't designing for sophisticated white collar employees or cocktail parties, so if they want to explode with color and ideas, then let them. I mean how can you be mad at Richie Rich. When one of the main designers was a club kid in the late 80's and early 90's what else would you expect. the construction isn't all too horrible either. Sooo negative here at the fashion spot aren't we?
look, hand my four-year-old cousin a paint set, and she may make something different from what's hanging in the louvre, but that doesn't mean it should be hanging there.

unique or not, the vast majority of this collection, like any other collection by heatherette, is a monstrosity. monstrosity is the perfect word. i could close me eyes, sew together something with lots of random colorful fabrics, and produce something very similar to any one piece in this collection, but just because i was never "a club kid in the late 80's and early 90's", no one would give me the time of day, i'd be laughed out of new york if i were to try and show it. i don't think this collection is fun, nor do i think it has a point. it's just awful, completely awful.

i agree with xmodel_citizen! This stuff is not CRAP! It's CAMP! As much as I hate wikipedia it gives a quick version of what CAMP is. If you don't get it, then yeah it's trash. If you get it, it's f*cking hilarious, fun and a breath of fresh air!

See, I disagree. I get campiness, but they seem pretty serious with their designs...I don't see them making clothes season after season just to mock fashion. Judging by Richie Rich's clothing choices, this is actually their style.

It's sad, I use to actually like Heatherette. Now it seems they just keep getting worse and worse.

maybe, this a cultural clash or something, but i just can't get it. it's not funny or witty like bernhard or walter for example. in my eyes heatherette doesn't challenge anyone's aesthetics or push the envelope anywhere, well maybe to the dustbin. we've all seen the ******** and gay p*rn star looks so many times. it's just plain tacky and fugly as hell...too predictable and boring to be even laughed at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->