Hedi Slimane at Yves Saint Laurent (Pre-2001)

It's the FALL WINTER 2000/2001 that is absolutely STATE OF THE ART, absolutely the best effort EVER from Monsieur Slimane, I happen to have just a couple of pics, please someone post the whole thing!:woot:
This stuff is fantastic. :heart:

Jesus H Christ I would actually kill someone for that first jacket on #34

I'd love to see more YSL by Slimane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet MoG

All of the clothes in that first show I cannot describe my love for.
That leather suit. My god.
It's a shame the lighting isn't very good but you can get the jist of the clothes.

I just love love loveSlimane.
And his models. I can't really say why because it probably breaches the tFS rules.
The thing is, I usually can't bear male fashion shows - they tend to be unimaginative with just variations of the same thing and the models are so hideously "yeah, we're MEN!" whereas Slimane's men seem to be perfectly comfortable with who they are and are just so elegant.

So what actually happened to Slimane at YSL? How long did he stay? Why did he go?

i had a very strong moment of "hate" for slimane. his in btw seasons at DH. his debut overthere and his one or two last collections were great.
but at this moment at YSL that's where he's shooting some oxygen into menswear. really. he was new fashion blood for men. imo.
i didn't know the 98-99 collections until i discovered this video. and i must say he quickly and elegant-ly "killed the Father" to make his own silhouette from YSL.

at DH. he totaly invented a Look. and that quickly became too much marketing to promote his name only.
+ can you imagine making a collection inspired by M. Dior - the man himself ?
Saint Laurent had better style, indeed.

oh and i love the marrakech collection. would kill for a lot of stuff at YSL by Slimane.

It's almost incomprehensible to me that the man who did this is the same man that made the hipster/dirtbag uniform at Dior Homme. It's so chic, so unforced and so much more grownup than most of what he did at DH (his earlier stuff is an exception to this)

His s/s 00 collection is pretty amazing (you can see it all here at firstview).

This look, sans hat, is flawless.

photo_mid_def_169963.jpg

firstview.com

It's strange though, the styling and look of some of this collection is very Gucci. The unbuttoned-to-there shirts with exaggerated cuffs, the flared trousers....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish he did women's clothes cant say that enough (actually I think I mention that at every chance I get.) Anyway this stuff is great I really like the gold pants a lot. I love how sleek Hedi's designs are.

What I love about Slimane is that he completely creates importance for menswear that reaches the height of femme pret-a-porter.
In my book, mens' clothes are mere staples whereas womens' are just a huge range of everything. Slimane changed that.

Does anyone know if Hedi Slimanes clothes for YSl had the orange and pinkbox at the ysl tags??

^I think I've seen a bracelet from the period in a box with that logo, but I'm not sure about the clothes...

He has done an amazing job while he was at YSL before Dior, so let's see what he is up to now! :rolleyes:

does anybody have hq scans or pictures of his rive gauche era shows? old thread but thought id give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dolixx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->