Yves Saint Laurent Pre-Fall 2010

I don't get some printed pieces, but overall I love the collection. Very classy, very beautiful, and very YSL. :heart: Definitely much better than Pilati's S/S 2010.

Really beautiful, really covetable, really wearable.. and really Saint Laurent.

Don't you think that white dress is reminiscent of the dress Saint Laurent created for Dior?
Dovimmmaaa

dovima-de-78732205.jpg
2a8kghk.jpg

harpersbazaar.com
style.com

^I see it.

And that dress is easily the best evening look I've seen in a long time. :heart:

It's strange, seeing the whole thing I'm kind of left with the impression that some of it is almost too Saint Laurent. Not that that makes any sense.

Still, it's a hell of a lot more appealing than the uber-serious minimalism or conceptual nightmares Stefano puts on the runway.

I highly doubt pilati was involved in this , because these clothes are sooo un pilati and actually feel sooo YSL . Im sure he will put out a boring sexless robotic collection for fall . Im sure this must be the work of someone in the design team.

Oh I love this. Am I allowed to though. Very mixed opinions.

If he isn't doing the "inbetween" collections then that does suck. He's the head designer so it's his job.

Adore this collection, there's so much I like that it's impossible to surmise. I agree with members who say it's very YSL and wearable.

Considering his runway shows, I wouldn't say it was Pilati who designed this. Well, maybe that is the reason I like it so much.

I love this! Although I agree with everyone else, the prints aren't as great. But I love how this actually and finally looks like YSL.

I love this collection so very much! Affectionately infused with Parisian chic~ (I'm so very inspired right now!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I'm so over the draped designs everyone is doing... but white tights are a HUGE no no.

I highly doubt pilati was involved in this , because these clothes are sooo un pilati and actually feel sooo YSL . Im sure he will put out a boring sexless robotic collection for fall . Im sure this must be the work of someone in the design team.
the more i look at it the more i want to agree with you.
when i first saw this, i was shocked and amazed at how ysl it looks and i wondered if stefano must've gotten hit on the head because it seemed like he'd finally moved away from the truckstop butch lesbian looks of seasons past.....
but who's to say for sure? i really hope he sticks with this vision and keeps going on with this...a lot of this is gorgeous and i am rarely impressed with his ysl nowadays.
~b

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"