Yves Saint Laurent Pre-Fall 2009

The first dress is beautiful,be nice to see how it moves when worn

Can someone explain to me why his pre-collections are usually a lot better than his runway collections?

I think it just proves how hard he's trying to be innovative in his RTW for the mainline, those half-dozen looks are all infinitely better than his last two shows imo.

that last look (mediation on YSL's Le Smoking) is simply mind-blowing. i love how Stefano plays with pants length (even though it doesn't work that good sometimes). but i like this collection for totally being what a pre-fall collection must be (maybe just for me).
and i don't really get the comparisons between YSL and Lanvin. what Elbaz showed was something of a flashy-flashy-bling-bling and felt really decadent and not contemporary. on the contrary Pilati showed modern clothes for modern women. it's not about some divine saloon ladies. it's YSL here and now.

the first dress and the suiting stole the show. :D love those 3 looks!!!

I think it just proves how hard he's trying to be innovative in his RTW for the mainline, those half-dozen looks are all infinitely better than his last two shows imo.
Agree...he makes such great clothes when he's not trying to be esoteric and edgy.

Agree...he makes such great clothes when he's not trying to be esoteric and edgy.

agreed. i am learning with a lot of these pre fall collection that designers can make really beautiful clothes when they stop trying so hard.

the first dress and the leather dress = :heart:

all this leather is getting me excited!

and the gorilla gloves again.

YSL under any director is always stunning. I'm blind to any hiccups or missteps; like a mother to her child all I see is PERFECTION. The fur lined jacket is my favourite piece out of this line up...

i have made up my mind!! i do love gorilla gloves!! it' official. love for that aside, designers HAVE to use the main seasons <autumnwinter, springsummer> to be 'edgy' it's when most ppl will pay attention and from where most of the magazines will get their clothes from. this collectons are just to fill gaps in the market and need only to carry forward a point or be an exclamation mark. think about it this way, if the designer uses the pre fall collections, it will never be an all out afaair. cause it's either leading up to their next collection <which means using all their new ideas now would be silly> or it's ending their previous collection <which would also make them silly for using ideas from a dying season to make an all out collection>.

the first few looks are nothing special but those last three i really like, exactly what i think of when i think ysl... but the first few are just boring :-\ hope the collection is better than these looks!

I really like the first dress. It's very glamorous in a subtle, elegant way. Such a beautiful color too.

agreed. i am learning with a lot of these pre fall collection that designers can make really beautiful clothes when they stop trying so hard.

the first dress and the leather dress = :heart:
Or...if you really want to be cynical...these pre fall collections look great because talented assistants are designing them.:lol:

i have made up my mind!! i do love gorilla gloves!! it' official. love for that aside, designers HAVE to use the main seasons <autumnwinter, springsummer> to be 'edgy' it's when most ppl will pay attention and from where most of the magazines will get their clothes from. this collectons are just to fill gaps in the market and need only to carry forward a point or be an exclamation mark. think about it this way, if the designer uses the pre fall collections, it will never be an all out afaair. cause it's either leading up to their next collection <which means using all their new ideas now would be silly> or it's ending their previous collection <which would also make them silly for using ideas from a dying season to make an all out collection>.
But if a designer's attempts to be edgy or innovative wind up looking like the designer was trying to be edgy or innovative, the only thing that happens is that their effort looks forced and pretentious.

I think there are designers who are inherently innovative, who thrive when pushing themselves into new terrtitory and wind up doing great things as a result. I just do not think Stefano Pilati is one of those designers. I think he's a much better designer when he isn't trying to be taken seriously as some sort of innovator.

Hmmm...a smouldering collection. It suggests that he *might* take some risk in the FW09/10 collection, which he should after last season's subdued affair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->