Hedi Slimane - Designer

It made sense the whole time. It's like this is the first Slimane interview you guys read in your entire life. :unsure: Don't get it.

For me it's not that this is the first Slimane interview I've ever read, but it is one of the first interviews that someone has done with him where they haven't paraphrased his words into clipped short chunks and inserted it into their own sentences, or paraphrased him into a rather abrasive man who can't take a hit of criticism. For once he's being asked a question and been allowed (and is happy) to speak at length about his thoughts; I think it makes for a very interesting interview and a different insightful read.

That's one of the worst articles I've read from any fashion designer, ever.

His responses seem so calculated and scripted. It's like he whispered his responses to the head of his PR team, who then translated it into this crap we read here today. Am I the only one who sees this?

And he can do a million and one interviews for whatever publications are out there, but at the end of the day, I'd rather let the clothes speak for themselves. That being said, nut-hugger jeans and a vampire-print tshirt does not a high-fashion wardrobe make. Sure, it makes money, and a lot of it (apparently), but give me real DESIGN, and then we'll talk.

I could sense the PR people behind this interview and I'm sure that is why it was done via email ... gave him time to run it by his people. But, I don't see that as a negative. I see it as a sensible move for someone who wants to be sure that he presents himself and his ideas in the right light.

Love or hate his work, I think the interview was very insightful and interesting.

Most of the interviews he has done in the past 5 years have been via email.

Is Saint Laurent creative director Hedi Slimane dishonouring the great man's legacy?

It’s the legendary French fashion house that produced some of the defining looks of the 20th century. But does its new direction dishonour the memory of its great founder, asks Alexander Fury

In Paris, a house has been ripped apart, quietly gutted, over the past three years. It's the house of Yves Saint Laurent. I'm not just talking about the metaphorical house, the label that bears his name and is helmed by designer Hedi Slimane. Under Slimane, Yves Saint Laurent was rebranded simply – almost biblically – Saint Laurent. Its entire visual identity has been reengineered. A storm of protest ensued: one label made a killing with T-shirts bearing the slogan, "Ain't Laurent without Yves," rendered in the house's new typeface.

The house I'm talking about isn't that. It's an actual house, one of those storied, stuccoed mansions the French call hôtels particuliers. The building is to house Yves Saint Laurent haute couture, revived 13 years after the retirement of its founder, and seven years after his death. The mansion has been remodelled, like the rest of Saint Laurent, in Slimane's image. Not just the image he determines – Slimane designs everything, from the Saint Laurent stationery to its shop interiors – but in his physical image: tall, skinny, monochromatic, Parisian. Slimane was born in the city's suburbs in 1968, the year of protesting students. Over in the moneyed 16th arrondissement, Yves Saint Laurent would dedicate an haute couture collection to them.

The new house isn't in the 16th – nor the 8th, where Yves Saint Laurent's couture operation moved in 1974 (the salons are now a museum dedicated to him). It's on the Left Bank. Saint Laurent opened his first shop there in 1966 – the first ready-to-wear boutique bearing a couturier's name: Saint Laurent Rive Gauche. In his two years as head of Christian Dior, he also drew inspiration from the black-clad Saint-Germain existentialists for a 1960 collection so radical and forward-thinking that it got him the sack.

Slimane worked for Dior, too – for longer, and left of his own accord. He headed the label's menswear from 2000 to 2007. And, like Saint Laurent, Slimane's work at Dior was influential, even revolutionary. His skinny tailoring, fitted to even skinnier models, changed the way the entire fashion industry thought of masculinity – and the way legions of high-fashion and high-street labels cut their suits.

The power of Slimane's fashion was in the overall look – the silhouette, the specially cast models (many unknown), the soundtracks and sets. The designer Karl Lagerfeld, enamoured of Slimane's vision, lost six stone to fit both the clothes and the aesthetic. Slimane's former assistant, Kris Van Assche, now designs Dior Homme in much the same vein.

If Slimane can lay claim to defining much of the wardrobe of 21st-century men, Yves Saint Laurent undoubtedly did so for their female predecessors. He is the most important fashion designer of the past 50 years. "I tell myself that I created the wardrobe of the contemporary woman, that I participated in the transformation of my times," Saint Laurent said, upon his retirement. Those sound grandiose statements, but they're true.

Herein lies the significance of Yves Saint Laurent. He designed the first high-fashion trouser suits and safari jackets. He invented designer ready-to-wear, giving it a prominence previously only enjoyed by couture. In the 1980s and 90s, Saint Laurent allowed colleagues to oversee those ready-to-wear lines, focusing his attention purely on couture. In 1998, he officially bowed out of ready-to-wear entirely, passing the reins of his womenswear line to Alber Elbaz, now creative director of Lanvin, and his menswear to Slimane. It was Slimane's first job heading a fashion house.

Slimane is 47, but looks at least a decade younger. He has the wide eyes of a deer and a preternaturally furrowed brow and bears a striking resemblance to the young Yves Saint Laurent. In 2012, after half a decade focusing on an acclaimed photography career (he photographed Lady Gaga's Fame Monster album art, and now shoots the advertising campaigns for Saint Laurent, among other assignments), Slimane returned to fashion as creative director of Saint Laurent, replacing Stefano Pilati, who replaced Tom Ford, who replaced Elbaz and Slimane.

But no one has ever designed Yves Saint Laurent haute couture, besides Yves Saint Laurent. Many saw it as the closest fashion got to art. In 1983, Saint Laurent was the first living fashion designer to be honoured with a retrospective at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. Designer ready-to-wear is, arguably, his most lasting contribution to the cannon of contemporary fashion – but Saint Laurent's heart and soul were in haute couture – he described his collections as "a love story between couture and me".

It was in couture that he really rang the changes. His turtlenecks and duffle coats, his leather jackets and transparent blouses, were all haute couture – the first time such garments appeared as high fashion. His tuxedos were the first trousers for women to be proposed not as mannish or practical, but elegant, even sexy. He created collections inspired by Africa and Morocco, and by neo-1940s styles worn by Saint Laurent's friends like Paloma Picasso and the drag queens in Andy Warhol's Factory set. The latter, a collection presented in January 1971, was dubbed "truly hideous" by the International Herald Tribune, which saw it as a celebration of wartime styles (and social mores) that older journalists were eager to forget. Nevertheless, it proved enormously influential: the wrapped crepe dresses, squared shoulders and clumpy platform shoes established the stylistic template for a decade to come. Yves Saint Laurent's haute couture shifted both fashion and popular culture, changing the way women dressed, and how they were perceived.

And now, Slimane has taken up the mantle. Haute couture is seen as a dream proposition for designers – the most rarefied form of fashion, with thousands of man-hours of work packed into single garments. Couture allies a seemingly bottomless pit of money (it can't be sewn on a shoestring, and makes no profit) with the limitless technical abilities of the best craftspeople in the world. Without commercial restraint, creativity can flourish. The clothes are bought by a tiny clientele: between 300 and 1,000 women worldwide, "the happy few", as Bruno Pavlovsky, president of fashion for the house of Chanel, once put it to me. They are passionate followers of fashion, willing to pay whatever it costs for something truly exceptional.

When Saint Laurent retired, he took pains to thank François-Henri Pinault, > CEO of the luxury conglomerate Kering, then PPR, which owns Yves Saint Laurent, "for believing as I do that this couture house's haute couture must stop with my departure". Prior to that, Pierre Bergé, Saint Laurent's former business partner and lover, had declared: "It is nonsense to carry on [couture] without him. Look at Chanel without Mademoiselle Chanel, and Dior without Christian Dior. It is more than nonsense. It has no integrity. It is a sham." Paradoxically, Bergé is a staunch supporter of Slimane.

There are a few major differences between Yves Saint Laurent's haute couture and that now being relaunched under his name. The house will not show during Paris's couture fashion weeks in January and July, eschewing the practice of introducing fresh ideas to be judged alongside contemporaries. Exactly how, and if, the collections will be presented, remains hazy. Its business model, even for the zero-profit world of haute couture, is also odd. A house executive – unnamed – has said that "Hedi Slimane decides these [couture] orders case by case. Unlike a couture collection, this is an even more exclusive definition."

Exclusive, or excluding? Because although haute couture is exclusive, it's open to anyone with enough money. By contrast, as a Saint Laurent communique issued earlier this month states, ateliers will "produce commissioned handmade pieces for movie stars and musicians. Hedi [Slimane] determines which of these pieces will carry the atelier's hand-sewn couture label."

But why call it haute couture, when that name comes loaded with baggage – especially at Yves Saint Laurent, and particularly under Slimane? What Slimane has done at Saint Laurent has polarised the fashion industry. He has honed an aesthetic, but in contrast with his work at Dior Homme, it's not identifiable through the actual clothes but the manner in which they are put together.

The silhouette isn't new; neither are the garments. Saint Laurent collections today are composed of leather jackets and tight jeans, laddered hosiery and short dresses. In direct opposition to the "exclusion" of his haute couture, Slimane's Saint Laurent appeals to the lowest common denominator. The clothes have been compared to those found in charity shops, or in Topshop. You could argue – as Saint Laurent frequently does –that this is all a part of its heritage. Saint Laurent himself once said he wanted "to introduce the whole sense of freedom one sees in the street into high fashion; to give couture the same provocative and arrogant look as punk". That chimes with Slimane's aesthetic and approach. "But," Saint Laurent added, "of course with luxury and dignity and style." Something shredded tights do not express.

I have further issues with much of this being presented in Saint Laurent's name. "It pains me physically to see a woman victimised, rendered pathetic, by fashion," said Saint Laurent in the introduction to the 1983 Met retrospective catalogue. I can't help think of that when considering Slimane's work. Groupie is a term bandied about in relation to his slashed tights and aggressively short dresses, tugged to expose legs and breasts. There's a brutality to them that makes their wearers look violated. They're unsettling but they don't feel provocative, transgressive, or progressive. Perhaps repetition has deadened their impact: Since the first, Slimane's collections have all trod similar ground.

Fashion critics are kept at arm's length, preferably further, in the new Saint Laurent. Slimane has, it seems, an aggressive antipathy towards any critical discussion of his garments. He seldom talks to the press backstage after his fashion shows, unlike most designers. If he does, it is off the record.

But I'm fascinated by Saint Laurent's financial success, by the glossy stores filled with handbags and T-shirts and leather jackets that look so much like so many others and are being voraciously purchased. It's a magic formula. In Kering's first-half financial report for 2015, released in July, Saint Laurent's turnover posted an increase of 24.3% year on year. The year's revenue to date – €443.1m (£309m) – is close to what Saint Laurent recorded for 2012's entire financial year. That was the year Slimane was appointed creative director, but the year before his clothes went on sale. He has doubled the house's turnover and sales show no sign of abating.

In 2012, Bergé denounced contemporary fashion, as a whole: "It is all a question of money and marketing. We never talk about talent – it's not the point. We only talk about sales. Yves Saint Laurent would have hated that." I tend to agree.

The house of Yves Saint Laurent is seen as both fashion's holy grail and its poisoned chalice. What an archive to mine – but what a name to live up to. That's the crux of my issue with Slimane's designs ready to wear, and haute couture alike. He isn't designing clothes under his own name – he could do whatever he wants there. He is designing for Yves Saint Laurent. That name represents something to me, and as part of a larger fashion dialogue. It represents a certain approach to clothing but it also touches on wider themes – gender, sexuality, culture – of which great fashion is always a fundamental part. Yves Saint Laurent represents a legacy. That is valuable, and it still means something to people who care about fashion over and above the money it makes, or indeed the label it bears.

I think Hedi Slimane is a very good designer. But right now, I don't think he is designing very good clothes. That's confusing, and frustrating, given the trajectory of his work at Dior Homme. Here, he isn't experimenting with shapes and silhouettes, trying to push fashion someplace new. It's formulaic and trite – antithetical to Yves Saint Laurent. It's like someone painting bad paintings and signing them Picasso – art critics would be livid. That's why I care about what Hedi Slimane does at Saint Laurent. And why I can't bear to see it.

Alexander Fury
The Independent

^
Lol what a bitter and laughable article that was to read...

Alexander, please stop...

That's one of the worst articles I've read from any fashion designer, ever.

His responses seem so calculated and scripted. It's like he whispered his responses to the head of his PR team, who then translated it into this crap we read here today. Am I the only one who sees this?

And he can do a million and one interviews for whatever publications are out there, but at the end of the day, I'd rather let the clothes speak for themselves. That being said, nut-hugger jeans and a vampire-print tshirt does not a high-fashion wardrobe make. Sure, it makes money, and a lot of it (apparently), but give me real DESIGN, and then we'll talk.

Just because it isn’t a spectacle of bizarre shapes and fabrics as Ghesquière’s Balenciaga or conceptual pieces made for the sake of art appreciation as Gareth Pugh collections it means those pieces are not “designed” enough. In this case Slimane has always been about understated pieces, subtle details and impeccable quality and not shocking, garish ”oh-so-designed” pieces full of unnecessary details. I completely agree with Lola701 when She says that creativity has to be realistic; I think it’s much more useful nowdays a normal-looking piece with a precise fit, and crafted in an artisanal way similar to Couture instead of being trapped in an art-y looking piece that is simply unwereable.

You talk about nut-hugger jeans and vampire print t-shirts but, what high fashion brand doesn’t have a line based solely on basic pieces where they make a big part of the revenue ? In the end of the day we’re talking about YSL; a brand which products are bought mostly because of the name and status and not because of thoughtful designs. This ain’t no Ann Demeulemeester or CDG.

And Alexander Fury, who is claiming to be one of the biggest Yves’s admirer and is desperate for new shapes and silhouettes should remember that Yves himself said “Fashion fades, style is eternal”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.. I usually like Alex's articles but this one is pretty lame (and like, three years too late). He was clearly bothered by something said in the interview and ran to write a takedown.

Yeah, not Alex's best moment. Calling a couture house exclusionary is like complaining that the sun is too bright. Come on now...that's the name of the game.

Call me crazy, but as much as I love fashion and am inspired by it, I'm never precious about it. I think that's because it's tied so closely and inherently to commerce.

Yes, the legacies of houses are very important. But one also needs to just accept that that's the past and this is the present. Fashion labels can produce artistic things, but at the end of the day it's a business.

Alexander's article is very redundant. This was news three years ago, not now when so many other houses have jumped on the band wagon. The definition of what constitutes a ready-to-wear collection has clearly changed and we all need to move on.

In this case Slimane has always been about understated pieces, subtle details and impeccable quality and not shocking, garish ”oh-so-designed” pieces full of unnecessary details.
Until Saint Laurent. Going by your description one would think you're talking about Helmut Lang Vol. II, but back to what he's shown, it is exactly what you described, garish, painfully trendy pieces full of unnecessary motifs that demand nothing from the consumer, not even a slight sense of selectivity or critical thinking, just the natural human attraction to status and labels and hype, proving people will buy a royal blue tshirt with a hot dog stamped on it if it comes with a Saint Laurent tag, which is what disappoints people the most I suppose, knowing someone capable of better can settle for laziness in design just because he's able to increase numbers, and of course settle for the simple minded consumer that supports his current conception of design and devouring trends like there's no tomorrow with the seasonal 'you can't deny it sells well' 'if it sells it means it's good', only hope they limit this thinking to clothes and not food.. or other substances lol..

Anyway I think Alexander Fury just wrote too many paragraphs to finally get to what he wanted to say 'I don't think he's designing very good clothes'.. really... even a bucket knows that. I can't with that timid fashion journalism, repeat after me Alexander: good business, s*it-looking clothes. Boo hoo.

^^^ LOL I felt that as well once I finished reading his piece. Ah well, we're all guilty of blathering on and on from time to time.

Perhaps Alex and Cathryn Horyn should just start a protest band about how Hedi's totally desecrated the Holy Yves (and now won't ever ever even consider them for his exclusive label). Sheesh-- Yves, even at his best, was just a fashion designer: It's not like Ann Coulter has taken the helm and position of Gloria Steinem. It's so laughable how dramatic some are whenever a designer they don't approve of helms a label they consider unbreakable, whether it's Christian Dior, Balenciaga or Yves Saint Laurent. It's just fashion.

And get over Hedi's Dior Homme days. It was great while it lasted. And while we're at it, get over Tom Ford's Gucci days, and Nicolas' Balenciaga days.

I'm a bit puzzled by that Alex Fury's article (for someone who is a fan of him).
Yves stopped doing the RTW in the early 90's and stopped being a creative force in the 80's. Basically, the spirit of Rive Gauche lasted 10 years.

One thing is sure: Hedi is the only successor of Yves who is coming back to the original spirit of Rive Gauche. It's an almost democratic approach for a house where the co-founder said that he wished he created the blue jeans. Yves wanted to dress the rich kids of the left bank and after defining the allure of the boy, Hedi tapped into the very "vogue paris" allure of the girl.

Alber, Tom & Stefano approach was totally Rive droite because they wanted to bring back the luster lost by the house in the 80's/90's. Tom said that he wanted YSL to be at the same level as Chanel & Dior and during his tenure, the RTW looked luxurious and precious...as any couture collection of the time.

Hedi's fashion for the RTW is about quality and luxe but not so much about preciousness. That's what he said in this interview.

Saying that he is not doing very good clothes is wrong. He is doing very good sellable clothes and that is the problem.
When i'm saying that i want him to be creative, i don't mean that i want CDG type of clothes or JW Anderson unwearable "trendy clothes".

Ok, now we all know that we can find great basics, impeccable tailoring and very beautiful silk shirts at Saint Laurent but what's next? Karl is doing creative and exciting clothes at Chanel & Fendi, Phoebe is doing the same at Celine, Riccardo is doing that at Givenchy...etc. It's commerce and fashion. It may being his version of the "commerce & fashion" thing but it's not enough for me.

I don't care for modernity because i think that good clothes will always look modern and also because as i said earlier, the most influencial designers today were the same 15 years ago and because of their authority, they will always rule fashion.

But Alex is totally right about the Couture. At this point, i don't care for it. It's totally irrelevant for us as it will not elevate the fashion conversation. It's good for the employment and for his overall vision but we want the RTW to deliver.

@ PHUEL: You said it! "get over Hedi's Dior Homme days. It was great while it lasted. And while we're at it, get over Tom Ford's Gucci days, and Nicolas' Balenciaga days."
They are (or can be in Hedi's case) as good today as they were then.

Alexander Fury
The Independent

Best article I've read in a loooooooong time (penultimate paragraph appart). I totally agree. I love, love, love Slimane. He's an exceptional human being and such a perfectionist. But his shows for Saint Laurent have been so lame... Enjoyable but lame.

I think this is something no one in the Fashion Spot or fashion in general can do: loving a designer and being critical with him.

I also find his idea of 'Haute Couture' totally absurd. That's what EVERY fashion house in the world does. Saying Haute Couture to Custom Saint Laurent is just silly I think...

Until Saint Laurent. Going by your description one would think you're talking about Helmut Lang Vol. II, but back to what he's shown, it is exactly what you described, garish, painfully trendy pieces full of unnecessary motifs that demand nothing from the consumer, not even a slight sense of selectivity or critical thinking, just the natural human attraction to status and labels and hype, proving people will buy a royal blue tshirt with a hot dog stamped on it if it comes with a Saint Laurent tag, which is what disappoints people the most I suppose, knowing someone capable of better can settle for laziness in design just because he's able to increase numbers, and of course settle for the simple minded consumer that supports his current conception of design and devouring trends like there's no tomorrow with the seasonal 'you can't deny it sells well' 'if it sells it means it's good', only hope they limit this thinking to clothes and not food.. or other substances lol..

Anyway I think Alexander Fury just wrote too many paragraphs to finally get to what he wanted to say 'I don't think he's designing very good clothes'.. really... even a bucket knows that. I can't with that timid fashion journalism, repeat after me Alexander: good business, s*it-looking clothes. Boo hoo.

Actually, I feel the opposite; because the Saint Laurent look is made from separates that you have to take apart and then select something based on your personal style and the way you want to interpret it.

As I said it before, the Saint Laurent customer isn’t someone with a much more conceptual vision of what personal style should look like. They’re looking for cool pieces that look luxurious and carry a certain level of prestige and you can’t change that. I don’t think it’s plain laziness; It’s understanding what a certain public is looking for. Take Martin Margiela as an example. He’s always been a rupturist and a transgressive designer but when He took the helm of Hermès He understood that He just couldn’t give mind-blowing experiments to that the austere woman who was looking for sleek and timeless clothes.

Just because it isn’t a spectacle of bizarre shapes and fabrics as Ghesquière’s Balenciaga or conceptual pieces made for the sake of art appreciation as Gareth Pugh collections it means those pieces are not “designed” enough. In this case Slimane has always been about understated pieces, subtle details and impeccable quality and not shocking, garish ”oh-so-designed” pieces full of unnecessary details. I completely agree with Lola701 when She says that creativity has to be realistic; I think it’s much more useful nowdays a normal-looking piece with a precise fit, and crafted in an artisanal way similar to Couture instead of being trapped in an art-y looking piece that is simply unwereable.

You talk about nut-hugger jeans and vampire print t-shirts but, what high fashion brand doesn’t have a line based solely on basic pieces where they make a big part of the revenue ? In the end of the day we’re talking about YSL; a brand which products are bought mostly because of the name and status and not because of thoughtful designs. This ain’t no Ann Demeulemeester or CDG.

And Alexander Fury, who is claiming to be one of the biggest Yves’s admirer and is desperate for new shapes and silhouettes should remember that Yves himself said “Fashion fades, style is eternal”.

Wait a second..I remember seeing Hedi's panty-hose for women, embedded with sequins. Sequinned panty-hose: really think about that for a second. And, I recall seeing said nut-hugger jeans with strategically-placed rips with decorative chains stitched into the fabric. Now if that's not the very definition of "oh-so-designed pieces full of unnecessary details", I don't know what is.

And you're absolutely right--this ain't no, er, is not Ann Demeulemeester or CDG. Those two have that one important quality that's missing from Hedi's repertoire, and that's talent.

Wait a second..I remember seeing Hedi's panty-hose for women, embedded with sequins. Sequinned panty-hose: really think about that for a second. And, I recall seeing said nut-hugger jeans with strategically-placed rips with decorative chains stitched into the fabric. Now if that's not the very definition of "oh-so-designed pieces full of unnecessary details", I don't know what is.

And you're absolutely right--this ain't no, er, is not Ann Demeulemeester or CDG. Those two have that one important quality that's missing from Hedi's repertoire, and that's talent.

No, It isn't lack of talent. It's simply a different approach of design.

What design? Regardless of the label on the inside, and regardless of whether or not it's keeping with the spirit of the house, it's glorified Topshop..nothing more, nothing less.

It's so funny how the previous designers of YSL can cut, drape, and design circles around Hedi, but yet he's the one being treated like the first, middle, and last of all things high-fashion. Do the "little hands" in Paris stitch a complimentary packet of Kool-Aid to the SLP label, or is that sold separately?

The funny thing about this whole discourse -- and it really only dawned on me while reading the last paragraph of Fury's article -- is how it's all basically harping on the fact that Slimane isn't doing anything new or pushing fashion in a new direction. But haven't the best designers, the Chanels, Diors, Halstons, Lagerfelds, Langs, Fords, Pradas and especially YSLs of the world, always been similar in that they were/are each responsible for reflecting the times that they were in, for absorbing the current mood/zeitgeist, and basically translating it through clothing and style and attitude? So if Hedi and all of his contemporaries -- the designers who have really helped shape the look of the late 20th/early 21st century -- have all been accused on this forum and in the press of not "pushing fashion forward" enough lately, don't we think there's just the slightest possibility that that says more about the times we're currently in than it does about their skills as designers and taste makers?

I'm not about to say that Slimane is at his creative best right now -- far from it -- but he is absolutely taking in the things he sees and feels out there in the real world away from the hallowed runways and editorial pages, and refracting it through his own sensibility for a luxury clientele. That's EXACTLY what Yves himself did in both his Rive Gauche collection and, in its earliest and most influential days, his couture collection as well. We can all lament how lacking in creative vision his work may be, but I feel like these days that's besides the point.

^^I absolutely agree, Spike.

The more I think about this interview and about Hedi's Saint Laurent, the more I realize that he really is hitting the nail on the head. It really hit hard for me when Slimane talks about rebelling against a certain chilly modernism and also rebelling against an outdated formalism that was particularly rampant in fashion - peaking at around the time that Slimane took the reins at YSL.

The tide will eventually turn - it ALWAYS does in fashion - but as for the HERE AND NOW, Hedi really gets it. People live such casual lives now...avant garde, experimental clothing, unrealistic stilettos, outrageous hair and makeup, or pristine modernism...all these things do not feel "current" or relatable. While of course, I love all these things - but as far as what feels current and relevant and contemporary FOR THE NOW...Slimane really gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->