Hedi Slimane - Designer

I said before on here. It should be against French laws to modify iconic Perfumerie. It needs to be protected...

Yes Dior has ruined their perfumes. Ive said this before when Hedi was there the Parfums were f*cking exquisite. Then literally right after Hedi left they knocked off $250 Bois D Argent with department store Dior Homme 95$... $250 for a perfume in 2008 was a lot.... then they cheapened the original Bois D'Argent... the best fragrance ever made of all time.

Someone on Instagram shared excerpts of the Glitz article that is behind a paywall (it was a story so unfortunately I couldn't save it). The gist of it was that his decision to leave stemmed from a heavily strained relationship with Severine Merle and Sidney Toledano. Apparently there was a lot of back and forth with Delphine Arnault on Hedi's future within LVMH. His relationship with the Arnaults is seemingly still in good standing as he did LVMH a solid and got Gaga for the Olympics opening ceremony.

I think this is also evidenced by the fact that we still have a lot of Hedi related Celine lined up for the next year or so (the "À Rebours" perfume is scheduled for release in 2026), and despite all the happenings regarding his replacement, he stuck around and worked on the last couple of shows, campaigns, etc.

I believe that with Michael Rider, the future of the house will retain the new foundations and aesthetics that Hedi put in place (they literally just demolished and redid the infamous Miami store)

The conversation regarding the perfumes; Hedi has patents on the bottle design, his name is under pretty much every description, his photo is on the "Haute Parfumerie" web page link, and they sell like hot cakes. I'm sure it's something that was heavily discussed, and iirc there was a Glitz article on their future (never read it though), I reckon they'll stick around but I'm so curious on how they will proceed when they're so intrinsically linked to Hedi. The scents he did at Dior I find didn't have such a strong outright connection to himself so I think it was easier for his fingerprints to be wiped from their inceptions (unpopular opinion but I find the Francis Kurkdjian reworkings to be faithful and just as good as the originals).

This rumour was started here I believe? I can't see Hedi at an Italian house, but I'm so so curious as to where he'll end up. I don't think Chanel is in his cards though.

This rumour was started here I believe? I can't see Hedi at an Italian house, but I'm so so curious as to where he'll end up. I don't think Chanel is in his cards though.

Always wanted him at Armani, but he lacks the Italian touch, and I’m not convinced he could do fabrics as rich. It would be crazy as he’ll likely (and rightfully) gut the diffusion lines. Gutting EA/AX is crazier than putting him at Chanel.

Pilati or even Riccardo Tisci ( he wore Armani at Cannes and there was an IG story of him wishing Armani's 90th birthday tho ) would be way more Armani than Hedi lmao. I don't think Hedi will ends up in any Italian house.

A very busy weekend guys...so much conspiracy,theories,etc....

He will be good at Gucci (i sense they want to be more more french than Italian these days..) but bc of his relations with kering don't think it's gonna happen...

But if they want to keep him on the LVMH family should be Loro Piana? Loewe? Pucci? (less likely)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->