Hedi Slimane Interview

I just read it before I switched over to TFS. I liked it. Guy seems like one of those
just super creative people that are born with IT.

Hedi is great
his art and taste is different
i love him so much

Originally posted by Hedi HintMag Interview+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hedi HintMag Interview)</div><div class='quotemain'>Three years later, in 1999, when Tom Ford rode in from Italy on the back of Gucci Group and annexed Saint Laurent ready-to-wear, Slimane decided to call it quits. "I was really sad because I loved very much to be around the original house," he says. "They were really wonderful people. Difficult, but so amazing, so true. But it was my choice to leave. I could have stayed, but I felt the new house would just become a branding opportunity. I didn't know exactly what was going to happen. They (Gucci Group) were trying to tell me, but I couldn't feel for what they had in mind. As a result, I thought 'Let's get out of here.'"[/b]

Yeah. He's right on his decision.

<!--QuoteBegin-Hedi HintMag Interview

And get out, he did. Although Ford offered him his own line under the auspices of Gucci, and Prada offered him its Jil Sander line, it was LVMH chief Bernard Arnault's offer of Dior Homme that made the cut. "Of course, Dior has an incredible couture history, but one that has never been applied to menswear. There wasn't a men's vocabulary already in place. That was the deciding factor for me." [/quote]

Another smart choice.

"I am not at all into traditional technique," proclaims Slimane, who also does not rely on stylists, directors or even a line-up backstage. "Dior Homme is not a construction of the mind, but a gut feeling—almost non-design. For me, it's so much about the way people wear clothes, the way they behave, not so much about the clothes themselves. In France, it's called le porté. It's a very old-school way of dressing based on how the clothes fall on the body. I work on this natural level of understanding clothes. It comes from getting so into my own world and chasing my own moods. I pay attention to movement, the way the clothes translate on the body, even the way they translate to a girl.

I love that aesthetic. :heart: It's the same when I design clothes. Alot of old masters and new designers like David Szeto does the same too.

I can't wait for his women's wear.

Overall great article. Thanks softgrey. :flower:

We are also very alike.

I liked the article. Hedi comes off as a true designer, concentrating on design, leaving the immense hype aside. And is hype really his fault? He works for LVMH, what else can you expect? I love people who are so involved and controlling. To me it means that they CARE. Just like Trent Reznor is controlling and involved down to the last sound in his music, I like that Hedi is controlling and involved so deeply not only the clothing line, but in the shows, model searching, the store design, etc.

i love him

I love the focus on you, i think it's always a sign of a true artist when they can do more than just one thing, and do it well, he has a vision. :heart:

very good article...one of the true fashion stars of our time...

I can't wait for his women's line :doh:

ahh...I love that he designs clothes for Thurston Moore... I always admired his style :blush: .

you're welcome guys... ^_^ my pleasure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->