Heel Height

Originally posted by Sugo@May 10th, 2004 - 8:27 pm
Suzi
I have a feeling AhhGucci was speaking from a man's point of view.
And I have to disagree...I think it takes more grace to look good in flats.
Sugo, spot on.
Suzi, I honestly don't think I'd look any better in heels. I was speaking from a mans veiw after all :smile:.

Im sure you look good in your heels though :flower:

AhhGucci,

I have posted a few photos of myself in heels so you can see for yourself whether or not I look good in them. I think you will agree they are anything but "tacky" if worn right.

Oh well to each her own I guess!

Ahh, its ok, just the comment that most men like thse didn't agree with me. Call me old fashioned...
You're right. To each his own :smile:

yes men would also like it if we walked around nude with only indian war paint and fake eylashes...

you can't say everything that a man likes is sexy and fashionable. sorry.

Oceanharlot,

I got a good laugh from your last comment! But I do not wear heels only because men like them. I wear them because I like them.

i love heels.

i do not like flat shoes at all, they usually actually hurt my feet more than, say, a stiletto would. :ninja:

my average heel height, for day, would maybe be 3.5-4", sometimes 5" but not usually always as i have to be a bit more "conservative" as i'm an intern at a law firm.. :rolleyes:

i do love VERY high heels though, for evenings going out and special occasions and such.

i don't really care for the ultra-high heels without a platform like suzi_stilts likes, though... i don't really care for my feet looking bent out of shape like a cartoon character's :lol:

the highest non-platform heel i will do is 5". the highest heel with a platform i own and can comfortably walk on would probably be around 6, 6.5 or 7". i can walk in 8" but it's not that great and i only own one pair of shoes like that (viv westwood). anything higher, and i'd probably kill myself. :blink:

Originally posted by brian@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 1:25 am
100099459.jpg
i own the pair in yellow... :rolleyes:

I like 4 or 5 inchers because

1. they make my legs look really nice
2. I am well over 6 ft tall when I wear them

:flower:

ps: I will probably have to quit wearing them by 21 since my size 9 feet will be all bent out of shape from all the running around I do in mom's manolos :innocent:

Nuiko,

I think if you saw my feet in heels in person you would not feel they are bent in any bad way. That is something I have NEVER heard from anyone I meet in person. I think it is just difficult to take a good picture.

I think you probably look very nice in your heels too. Can you post a picture of yourself in a pair of your favorites?

i feel stupid in really high heels because i am about 5'8 and everyone is so short that i think im like towering over them..so most of my heels are only 2.5 to 3.5

Do you think heel heights are going any higher this season or are we at the height of heels?

the heel heights arent getting higher. just seems that fetish shoes are becoming more mainstream.

big difference.

What I want to wear and what I can wear is two different things.

At the moment I can only wear flats, good for me, cause there are some cute ballerinas out there :wink:

I want my heels to be 5 inch., but I can't wear it :(

Ditte-M.

High heels

It just takes practice that some women are not willing to committe to? It just takes practice:-)

Do tell us, what is your highest heel?[/quote]

Mine is a Brazil 5 1/4 inch stilleto from the Highest Heel collection.

oceanharlot said:
8 inch? like the go-go fetish shoes? geebusness.

I think 3-4 inches is it for me! Classy but sexy without veering into sl*tty....

me too :flower:

whats all this talk of men loving 8inch platform heels :blink:
to be blunt, they look trashy and cheap. :yuk: they are for strippers only IMO. :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love wearing heels! The higher the better but they must be sleek and sexy! No big heavy plats for me!

to me it is all about how the arch of the foot looks. for example, these 5inch heels look vile, cheap and silly to me. the foot is so unnatural and deformed :yuk: :sick:

from italianheels.com

but these superhigh lanvins look superb because of the platform that allows the foot to still look natural :flower:

LANVIN from style.com

in my opinion, heels any higher than about 4inches need a bit of a platform to provide a visual balance. and a platform does not have to mean 'chunky' look how superb this louboutin with a slight platform looks :wub:

LOUBOUTIN from style.com

I like both shoes but prefer the first ones. I agree that the model does not wear the first ones well, her feet do not fit the shoes properly at all!

I prefer when my arch sits at about 90 degree angle in my heels, but the arch of the shoe must match my arch

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->