Helena Lumelsky F/W 11.12 Paris

MulletProof

Reaction score
Antwerp Academy graduate. First time showing in Paris, I believe.

helena1.jpg

helena2.jpg

helena3.jpg

helena4.jpg

helena5.jpg

helena6.jpg

[changefashion.net]

lumelsky1.jpg
lumelsky2.jpg

lumelsky3.jpg
lumelsky4.jpg

lumelsky5.jpg
lumelsky6.jpg

lumelsky7.jpg
lumelsky8.jpg

[changefashion.net]

Even though I'm not completely taken by the design itself, I love how rich the materials look and the mood of the silhouettes.. very solemn and ageless. :heart:

She won the Mango Fashion Award last year so this is obviously what she spent the money on.

I'm not stunned but I like it because it's not generic but also not flattering for a woman's body at times.

it's not the most original work,i have to say....overall,it echoes what branquinho did in her early years,bernhard willhelm's first collections,haider ackermann's early work as well and even a slight nod to theyskens gothic drama. that being said,i do kind of like that it is a bit of an ode to a period of belgian design when it was just beginning to peak. the quality is splendid,i agree.

i have to say though,i haven't been as bowled-over with the grads at antwerp since linda loppa left. now walter van beirendonck has taken over as director....it's still good and still probably stronger than 90% of the schools out there but it doesn't have the same kind of intensity and distinctly personal vision it had.

What a great find, Mullet!!!:flower:

I like it, though I agree with Scott's assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->