Helmut Lang sold to Link Theory

rach2jlc said:
put the Lang name on them, and sell them until the name is dissolved.
that's quite sad. it would be a shame to see the label fading out this way.

rach2jlc said:
Great point, Faust. I always wondered about that, because it seemed as you said... that some items always were sold out (the handcuffs, also the silver leather accessories, bags, shoes, etc.) but then there was always the talk about losing money. So, what you said makes perfect sense.

Also, if you look at yoox, there are generally VERY few Lang accessories that last on the site more than a few hours before selling out. But, the jeans and tees can be found easily during the final markdowns. Regardless of their saturation, I still love the jeans and am thus more than happy to pick up a few pairs for $48 or so. ^_^

John

Agreed. Helmut's jeans are irreplacable in my wardrobe, but I've never paid more than $50 for them (and I've went through about 5 pairs in my time). Speaking of Helmut's accessories on Yoox - I was able to snatch a wallet last second - hopefully it works out, but they go FAST. :o I think his accessories was one of his big strengths and I never understood why (New York) department stores never carried any. Thank G-d we had the boutique (RIP) :cry: Anyway, let's hope he comes back with a stylish vengance!!!

i had the handcuff bracelet and i lost it.
i loved that thing so much
i wish i could find it...

Saw the handcuff bracelet on sale in Harrods last christmas. Wish I had bought it now :-)

:heart:

faust said:
Agreed. Helmut's jeans are irreplacable in my wardrobe, but I've never paid more than $50 for them (and I've went through about 5 pairs in my time). Speaking of Helmut's accessories on Yoox - I was able to snatch a wallet last second - hopefully it works out, but they go FAST. :o I think his accessories was one of his big strengths and I never understood why (New York) department stores never carried any. Thank G-d we had the boutique (RIP) :cry: Anyway, let's hope he comes back with a stylish vengance!!!
too bad .. but I am critical i didn't a lot of him .. that's also a reason but in the buisness was then told that he was the best .. but i wish him good luck to come back strong as then .. . but then I saw it on yoox it was very expensive not cheap as you said .. but he did some great collections no doubt about that .. I was a true fan but now ..not anymore

Helmut comeback???

faust said:
too bad .. but I am critical i didn't a lot of him .. that's also a reason but in the buisness was then told that he was the best .. but i wish him good luck to come back strong as then .. . but then I saw it on yoox it was very expensive not cheap as you said .. but he did some great collections no doubt about that .. I was a true fan but now ..not anymore

Speaking of Helmut's accessories on Yoox - I was able to snatch a wallet last second - hopefully it works out, but they go FAST.

Yes they do, I just received a pair of lovely black boots with silver toe and back details! :innocent:

from wwd.com

Anybody who has access please post the whole art. Thanks:-)

ALL OF HELMUT’S MEN: Less than two weeks after Link-Theory Holdings Co. agreed to buy Helmut Lang from Prada, sources in Italy say executives are targeting ex-Helmut Lang assistants to take on the job of creative director. One name, Christian Niessen, surfaced late last week. Niessen, who was Lang’s longtime design assistant and most recently consulted on Prada’s denim collection, could not be reached for comment. Meanwhile, it appears Cloak designer Alexandre Plokhov is looking a less likely choice, according to industry sources.

nqth said:
from wwd.com

Anybody who has access please post the whole art. Thanks:-)

That is almost all of the article. A bit more, but nothing new.
Ricky Sasaki, president and chief executive officer of Link-Theory, declined to give names of possible contenders. “We’re talking to a few candidates,” Sasaki said, “but nothing has been decided,” adding the group was working to have someone in place within the next month. Link-Theory is aiming to relaunch Helmut Lang as a contemporary brand for 2007 retail. (WWD)

I´m glad that Plohkov is not likely to become the new designer at Helmut Lang (I like Cloak, but I don´t think he would be the right fit to succeed Helmut Lang), it would make sense if they decided to go for his former right hand man.

helmut's former right hand man was a women. melanie ward and she is now designing for karl lagerfeld. helmut's other assistant was nicolas andreas taralis and he is busy doing his own thing. i don't really feel helmut lang deserves all of this attention anymore. sure i used to love HL but as far as i'm concerned when a designer leaves his namesake label that house is dead.

I definitely am glad it's not Plohkov, his past collection has raised some doubts in his ability and like Tric said it just seems like a bad fit.

I also agree with hiring on his head assistants. They are as much responsible for the aesthetic as Helmut himself and it seems to be the only worthy option if you can't actually get him to come back. It' the closest thing to Lang picking a successor himself.

The Leviathan said:
as i'm concerned when a designer leaves his namesake label that house is dead.

I don't always agree with that but I do in this case. I am sure Bertelli is very glad he found someone to dump this foul dilema on.

i should amend my last statement. if a designer dies or retires (i.e. chanel, dior, ysl) i think it's great if a new designer takes over and breaths new life into the house. however when a designer leaves his or her namesake house because of money or for business reasons i just don't agree with that. the house is dead. who wants to buy jeans with helmut lang on them when helmut is still alive and well doing something else? or for that matter who would want to make jeans and put helmut lang on them when helmut himself doesn't want anything to do with it. it's all about cash.

The Leviathan said:
helmut's other assistant was nicolas andreas taralis and he is busy doing his own thing.

I´m sorry to correct you, but Nicolas never worked as an assistant to Helmut Lang, he studied under Lang´s professorship in Vienna, however. German/Greek designer Kostas Murkudis had been known as a long-term assistant of Helmut Lang´s, he left in the mid-nineties to design a collection under his own name.

Got the feeling that Helmut will never come back to the fashion world.

:heart:

Well I like his style// he has to come back with a nice brand new concept for his fans

wow! so no more accessories of helmut lang? do you know if they sell men's sneakers anywhere in sfo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->