Hercules Universal F/W 2018.19

Maybe that's why they have the headline "unconditional"? lol

Disgusting. The only good thing is that Weber’s cover is a limited edition.

We live in a time when everyone loves to play judge and condemn, but the charges are merely accusations. Today it’s more like some middle ages: you’re always to blame and there is no way to defend themselves. I’m not talking about whether the charges are true or not, because it is not for us to decide
– explained his position chief editor David VRD.

Sorry, but I can’t help but agree with him. I mean, are we that blind and deaf? It’s become a very sad trend for women and men to come forward with sexual misconduct allegations against anyone with some clout to their name. I respect everyone’s opinion and decision to “choose sides,” I just can’t do that without any evidence or proof.

^True but they could have wait that everything was clear before putting back someone with those allegations on his head. He is accused to use his professional environment and status to force people into sexual perversions and they decided to hire him and to put him back in his playground? There are enough photographers in the fashion world to use someone else. Do they want some black and white photos? I can suggest them Karim Sadli.

For me, they just do not care or they are just stupid or no one wants to be associated anymore with their dying publication so they jump on the desperate one for the job, who knows. I don't care, I just don't like how they handle it.

And as we know that bad publicity is still publicity. They chose to associate themselves and to might be tagged as pigs but, at least, we talk about them, if this is not being desperate I don't know what that is.

^True but they could have wait that everything was clear before putting back someone with those allegations on his head.
I’m not really sure about everything else, but I can agree with you on this for reputations sake, but does anyone really care about this magazine anyways?
At the same time, should someone’s livelihood be taken from them if this all turns out to be just accusations? Never mind the fact that even if he is cleared, CN will probably never use him again just because of the attachments to his name.
I really don’t know what happened to justice, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, those days are over and that’s sad for anyone with any fame, they become an instant target as if they weren’t already walking around with one on their back.

I respect everyone’s opinion and decision to “choose sides,” I just can’t do that without any evidence or proof.

Extremely lame and boring covers and sorry but they are enough male models who clearly stated via websites, television and press, that they have been victims of Weber so there are already as many evidence as for Testino (who also got back to shoot stuff) and other other male and female models offenders. So I´m hugely disappointed that the Fashion industry keeps finding excuses to hire these people back after what they have done!!! :sick: and indeed life is about picking sides... it´s not candies and pink all the time kids. These accusations from models or actors or anybody in the #metoo movement are to be believed as far as I´m concerned. I have been a model for a decade before becoming a photographer myself and I have never had anything happened to me but I have heard stories very similar to the ones models use against Weber or Testino.

Extremely lame and boring covers and sorry but they are enough male models who clearly stated via websites, television and press, that they have been victims of Weber so there are already as many evidence as for Testino (who also got back to shoot stuff) and other other male and female models offenders. So I´m hugely disappointed that the Fashion industry keeps finding excuses to hire these people back after what they have done!!! :sick: and indeed life is about picking sides... it´s not candies and pink all the time kids. These accusations from models or actors or anybody in the #metoo movement are to be believed as far as I´m concerned. I have been a model for a decade before becoming a photographer myself and I have never had anything happened to me but I have heard stories very similar to the ones models use against Weber or Testino.
Well my friend, you’d make a horrible lawyer, but that’s not the point.
My point is that I don’t bash people and boycott them because it’s the trend, I judge them based off of FACTS. When several people jump on a bandwagon of accusations with no proof and half ***ed stories, it seems fishy to me.

Well my friend, you’d make a horrible lawyer, but that’s not the point.
My point is that I don’t bash people and boycott them because it’s the trend, I judge them based off of FACTS. When several people jump on a bandwagon of accusations with no proof and half ***ed stories, it seems fishy to me.

Indeed, it´s not the point. I already have a good job anyways so I don´t need to be no lawyer to you or anyone else. Besides just so you learn something today: it´s not about bashing people it´s about listening to the victims of sexual harassments which clearly have been happening in Fashion before you were even born so have several sits. I have met and still know models who have been victims of photographers like these people and it´s not a ``trend´´ it´s REAL. The industry is protecting big CEO´s and people of power because they hide things. Nobody is jumping on a bandwagon either: all the models and actors who have been molested or raped are not playing with what happened to them but clearly they are some people like you who believe that these models are using these moments just for publicity stunts or to get their revenge. Watch any videos and read any interviews or police reports about the models who accused Weber and you will get your proofs.

Indeed, it´s not the point. I already have a good job anyways so I don´t need to be no lawyer to you or anyone else. Besides just so you learn something today: it´s not about bashing people it´s about listening to the victims of sexual harassments which clearly have been happening in Fashion before you were even born so have several sits. I have met and still know models who have been victims of photographers like these people and it´s not a ``trend´´ it´s REAL. The industry is protecting big CEO´s and people of power because they hide things. Nobody is jumping on a bandwagon either: all the models and actors who have been molested or raped are not playing with what happened to them but clearly they are some people like you who believe that these models are using these moments just for publicity stunts or to get their revenge. Watch any videos and read any interviews or police reports about the models who accused Weber and you will get your proofs.
I’ll have all the proof I need when there is an indictment lol
You’re so catty. “Have several seats”
This isn’t Twitter or WorldStarHipHop. I’m not upset at your opinion, you’re clearly so bothered by mine. After all, yours or mine, it’s still merely an opinion.

I'm surprised that in a forum like this where most of the users know the in's and out's of the whole fashion world takes sexual misconduct as news in the industry. It's here since the very beginning (same as Hollywood) and it will stay. Sucking ***** on photoshoots by wannabe models who get in the mood by champagne and Gucci is usual. If it happened with Weber, I'm pretty sure that it was mutual, but most of the models jumped on the wagon to blame him.
Most of the designers, photographers and other deities of the industry (whom I met while I was actively working from NYC to London) (with some honorable exceptions) are sick in some way. Models are no exception. Some of there egos are bigger than the gap between there fore-tooth. Ego comes with all sorts of nasty habits. And let's not start talking about models under 18, bookers and greedy parents...

Either ignorance is bliss or some people (here and in the industry) are just doesn't f*cking care.

edit.: Hercules sucks since the last 3 years. Editors are painfully desperate to have some attention. Also Weber is cheap to book.

What I find odd is that Bruce Weber was accused of coercing and assaulting male models on semi-nude shoots, and here we have male models depicted in a semi-nude shoots. It doesn't take a genius to correlate those allegations with this shoot, and secretly (or not so secretly in my case) wonder about the logistics and implications. What kind of message is this sending? I must say instantly dismissed this editor guy (who seems like one of those guys who should write down what he wants to say first, read it at least three times, then say it!) How do you take someone serious who spurts out crap like this - '“of course, it’s not the same as someone accused of something like [r*pe].”
Furthermore I'm appalled at the way the allegations against Weber and Testino were handled in the media versus vs the ones targeted at women, but that's a discussion for another day.

At face value, I'm not getting heavy Bruce Weber signatures with these covers so I'm also a bit confused as to why they absolutely HAD to book him. Weber or not, I'd have found the images unremarkable anyway.

a naked male butt is always welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->