Hermès Accessories

What do you guys think of this enamel bracelet? I was thinking of getting it for myself. Although is it too feminine for a guy? Also is the quality worth the price?

Picture Source: Hermes.com

300151fp01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It screams "Bryanboy" if you know what I mean

(oh and it screams "logo wh*re" too but that's less important)

(edit: concerning the second question: their enamel is excellent, but it WILL scratch very easily so you'd better not being a perfectionnist unless you want to keep it in the box. I guess it's still made in Austria by Frey Wille)

I think it's alright for a guy to wear, but then again, i pile on jewellery on every occasion. I don't see the bryanboy-factor to that particular bracelet. However, if i was about to get an H-bracelet, i wouldn't get a black one.

I think it's alright for a guy to wear, but then again, i pile on jewellery on every occasion. I don't see the bryanboy-factor to that particular bracelet. However, if i was about to get an H-bracelet, i wouldn't get a black one.

The fact that men usually don't wear enamel bracelets? There nothing particularly wrong with them, as men can also wear Birkin bags with diamonds, mink stoles, and, now, high heels (thanks Rick); but it won't look really masculine (unless you're a big daddy which I'm sure you're not :lol:).
But Hermès has more "unisex" jewels (I have the silver chaîne d'ancre which is nice, and they even have a more masculine version of it, which is called Alina, or Alea, something like that)

It screams "Bryanboy" if you know what I mean

(oh and it screams "logo wh*re" too but that's less important)

(edit: concerning the second question: their enamel is excellent, but it WILL scratch very easily so you'd better not being a perfectionnist unless you want to keep it in the box. I guess it's still made in Austria by Frey Wille)

Do you think it screams logo wh*re on a girl?

I always saw the bracelets as quite 'fun'..:D

Does Hermes go on sale during the Soldes? :ninja:

No :P some items are carried-over, some are purely and simply destroyed (by the devilish fires of Hermès' politburo). Some are sold on private sales (I was invited to one, a year ago. It was nothing but glamorous, the items were on shelves, naked, no box, etc. The items are stamped with a big "S" so that everyday that you wear it you will feel ashamed of having bought it on sale :rolleyes: - in fact I believe they do so because you can't exchange/get a refund if you buy a saled item)

Just me: It does look logo wh*re on a girl, but in a good way, just like the belt... I mean, that's "I wear understated luxury, but eh, I don't want you to think I bought it at Zara". Bracelets are fun, and so are the bolduc scarves. As long as it's not an "Hermès" t-shirt :blink: (by the way, almost everyone in my school still asks me why the hell am I wearing an "H" belt because neither my first name, nor my surname starts with an "H". I guess it's not that visible after all :wink:)

No :P some items are carried-over, some are purely and simply destroyed (by the devilish fires of Hermès' politburo). Some are sold on private sales (I was invited to one, a year ago. It was nothing but glamorous, the items were on shelves, naked, no box, etc. The items are stamped with a big "S" so that everyday that you wear it you will feel ashamed of having bought it on sale :rolleyes: - in fact I believe they do so because you can't exchange/get a refund if you buy a saled item)

:blink: OMG! That's crazy! Thanks for letting me know though. :lol:

What do you guys think of this enamel bracelet? I was thinking of getting it for myself. Although is it too feminine for a guy? Also is the quality worth the price?

Picture Source: Hermes.com
Hmm...

I was just wondering if I could pull of a clic clac. Ok, for the clic clac to work on a man you have to have a certain swagger...a certain sex appeal. If not you'll look like a big ***. I saw an asian gentlemen w/ a sleeve of tattoo's w/ a black/silver clic clac on, it was so sexy on him. Wear it w/ a black tee, black shorts and black vans, that would be cute. you gotta make it look like you're not trying to be expensive/flashy, you gotta make it look like you're going for that sexy femininity.

Besides Hermes, what other more affordable lovely silk scarves are out there? I found the downloadable Hermes scarf guide and can't wait to wear them, but my scarves are too small (28' x 28') to tie like the guide suggests. So I'm in the market for new scarves. Any suggestions?

Hmm...

I was just wondering if I could pull of a clic clac. Ok, for the clic clac to work on a man you have to have a certain swagger...a certain sex appeal. If not you'll look like a big ***. I saw an asian gentlemen w/ a sleeve of tattoo's w/ a black/silver clic clac on, it was so sexy on him. Wear it w/ a black tee, black shorts and black vans, that would be cute. you gotta make it look like you're not trying to be expensive/flashy, you gotta make it look like you're going for that sexy femininity.

I know what you mean. But it's not b/c it will fit them right, that's because they are good-looking enough to make you more forgiving. I mean: Boyd Holbrook - :heart: - would be hot, even wearing the most terrible trash (ie surfer clothes)
On the other hand, some men look wrong, even if they are pulling an entire Hermès runway outfit (I have one in my school, wearing Lanvin from HEAD to TOE - including the satin sneakers. And he looks like a wh*re. If he were naturally sexy, Lanvin would have made him looking even sexier)
Sick sad world :innocent:

Besides Hermes, what other more affordable lovely silk scarves are out there? I found the downloadable Hermes scarf guide and can't wait to wear them, but my scarves are too small (28' x 28') to tie like the guide suggests. So I'm in the market for new scarves. Any suggestions?

Gucci (if you like flowers are equus frenos). Bottega, if you like a more "worn" look. But if you like a durable and heavy silk, Hermès is still the best, albeit being a it more expensive. One Hermès scarf is better than two Gucci's after all.

I have to agree, Hermes are considered the creme de la creme of scarfs. some become collectors items.

Thanks Diorling, Belletrist, Beautiful Stranger for your opinions. I'm still not sure what I've decided. I think I'll stop by Hermes and actually try it on and see how it fits. Thanks. :smile:

I'm so :angry:

This fradulent seller on ebay almost had me. What makes me mad is the seller says everything right to make you think it's authentic. She shows lots of pics EXCEPT of the Hermes in upper left corner of the scarf and not of the care tag on the back. Hmmm. What really made me pause was the Hermes-Paris with the copywright c next to it. The c should only be with the Hermes stamp on the upper left corner!

Here's the item number: 300118256076

You know, I'm just going to save myself a lot of heartache and get it directly from the boutique in Paris.

OK, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself to an hermes scarf when I go to Paris. I called Hermes for the catalog. Any advice? This will be my first time at Hermes and I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Do you usually shop at luxury boutiques? Just act confident.. just don't go around screaming when you see the bags and you'll be fine. :wink:

OK, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself to an hermes scarf when I go to Paris. I called Hermes for the catalog. Any advice? This will be my first time at Hermes and I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Be aware that a couple of woman in the 24 Faubourg shop are renowned for their over-the-top snobiness. Some are really nice, but I suggest you ask for help to a man (very nice men here). And if you can, go to the George V boutique, it's smaller, much nicer, and you will be able to take your time, because at the 24 FBR, it's really a supermarket of asian/saudi ladies buying birkins :lol:
If you go there, ask/search for Uma ("ouma", not "iouma"), she's a german lady, I don't know if she's still here though, but if so, she's wonderfully nice. Oh and take your time to admire the new boutique, everything is truly made to make you feel at home ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->