Hermès Mens S/S 11 Paris

OMG! I love love LOVE this collection! It's so understated chic! UGH!
I just wish Hermes RTW garments doesn't start at $1,000+...:(

^Oh I know... I remember finding a super nice sweater, which was... 9k :doh:

nichanian at hermes woos me best when she shows a bit of skin with her hermes collection. and seeing as she showed quite a bit of skin with this relaxed collection, i'm simply in love. i also love that great kelly/emerald green color that popped up out of no where in this collection. for those unaffected by the economic woes of the world, this is one of those wardrobe purchasing collections complete with must have boots, perfect bags, and the most effortlessly luxurious clothes this side of bottega. for all of those recessionistas like me, i'm thankful for the green scarf and the wealth of affordable belts and bracelets.

00340m.jpg
00190m.jpg

style.com

Luxurious but very boring.
It certainly doesn't seem aimed at a younger market.. unless they think a zip on a cardigan is going to do the trick.

One Word: Perfect. That's what I understand when I talk about Mens clothing.

The zipper-jacket from the black guy catched my attention

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a cross between Calvin Klein and Burberry, all that cottony sparseness :lol: what a beautiful collection :heart:

Luxurious but very boring.
It certainly doesn't seem aimed at a younger market.. unless they think a zip on a cardigan is going to do the trick.

hermes remains one of those initiation status brands for the young rich set. between the belts, ties, leather goods, and gifts, it's already a staple. however, those pants had a decidedly youthful flair this season -- the stuff of mid-saturday brunches in the city or lazy days spent summering somewhere exclusive -- and with the plethora of hoodies, button-front cardigans, and sheer items, i think she does have a fashion customer in mind....regardless of age.

^Agree.
While I don't know if it's aimed at a young market, it definitely works on young customers. Some of my friends who are my age (20) and Hermès RTW customers are all over this :lol: I think both younger and older men can find what they want in this collection.

Why is it that fashion world loves putting white on the runway so much? Is it really a proper summertime counterpart to black? Because if it were, wouldn't we be seeing it on the street more often/ever? Hermès is usually a show I look forward to for the colors alone, because though the house may be confined to do only conservative, luxurious clothes, Nichanian always impresses me with her color vocabulary, and this season she fell short. One green in the whole show doesn't show sophistication, but maybe Hermès customers really do spend the sunnier half of their year in tennis whites.

^white has been a spring/summer runway staple for as long as i could remember.

Totally a sucker for this kind of style....

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->