Hermès S/S 2024 Paris

Still kind of shocked, because it's the first time i liked a collection of NVC. It started very strong, sexy and sensual (and Anok killed it more than any other), the middle part with the white mini dresses was the weakest for me, followed with a very solid ending (soft leathers in jet-black and this amazing vermilion red).
Great set, ugly sandals. But they made also practical sense for this memorable prairie parade.

Seeing this, it seems that she's going in for the younger clientele because this collection is sophisticated and enticing. Her previous SS collection looked unwieldy and rough. My highlight for this collection is the soft-hide leather duster coats.

Probably her best collection ever…
I’m still not a fan of her Hermes as it’s very overdesigned and contrived but here, it’s simpler, softer, more relatable to their clientele.
The leather trim is really not the best detail.

I’m surprised to not see a Hermes’s orange as I think it could have worked wonderfully in this offering.

I love the plume so it’s nice to have it as the main bag this season!

Is it weird that I find Hermès sexier than Gucci now (minus the shoes)?
Those bralettes, sheer tops that would not be out of place at Saint-Laurent, very body-con cutout dresses, some leather dresses, the red & black, the openwork fabrics, the very restraining belts... All that exudes a sensuality, maybe even a sexuality, which I find is very new to Hermès

I love this, to me its the definition of quiet luxury. Nothing loud, no nepo babies and a beautiful set.

It's so quiet, nobody can hear it.

To me is so generic and lukewarm it makes me excited about menswear more. She is good, skilled designer but there is no emotion there, not like with Lemaire and definitely not like with JPG - there were shows ! I feel in my bones she might be out soon...

How do these brands have such sh*tty security:

^ Wonder if at this point it's a joint agreement to keep them both relevant. Gets the brand into the medias for a short while for people to look at the collections, and has people remember that PETA still exists.

It is rather sensual for Nadège, but still leaves me feeling bored. It is as over-designed as it is underwhelming, and perhaps a tighter edit would have helped with a little less of the shades of plum.

I wish DVN would design a collection like this, where the color palette is rather limited, and still executed to perfection. I've definitely seen past collections of his where he's done just that...but just not in recent times.

The clothes are fine, but I'm more impressed by the footwear & the black necklaces. Again, when I win that multi-million dollar lottery, I'd gladly see if a menswear version exists of the flats.

I always love the "making of" videos that they'll release. I wish they'd dedicate one to their fabrics. Looking at their fabrics makes me wish I went to school for textile design, and not something douchey like...ugh, nevermind.

I wish DVN would design a collection like this, where the color palette is rather limited, and still executed to perfection. I've definitely seen past collections of his where he's done just that...but just not in recent times.

The clothes are fine, but I'm more impressed by the footwear & the black necklaces. Again, when I win that multi-million dollar lottery, I'd gladly see if a menswear version exists of the flats.

I always love the "making of" videos that they'll release. I wish they'd dedicate one to their fabrics. Looking at their fabrics makes me wish I went to school for textile design, and not something douchey like...ugh, nevermind.
I love that the only thing that impressed you in Nadège’s show was Pierre Hardy’s designs lol.
The good thing about Hermes is that since they had created a kind of scheme in order for people to get either a Birkin or a Kelly, these clothes are assured to sell somehow.

I wouldn't change a thing. It's so good, so luxurious and expensive.
The leather work on the last looks is unretouchable!
I'm glad I came to see the photos because the video passes through the clothes so fast that I could barely see them in motion.

Great work and amazing casting!

im glad hermes rtw isn't as loud and obnoxious as their bags. Happy to shop there without needing a unicorn bag offer. Besides most of those people wearing their popular bags would never be caught dressed as classy as these looks. Probably why they spend most of their money in store buying tacky duvet covers, fashion jewelry and pillow cases..

im glad hermes rtw isn't as loud and obnoxious as their bags. Happy to shop there without needing a unicorn bag offer. Besides most of those people wearing their popular bags would never be caught dressed as classy as these looks. Probably why they spend most of their money in store buying tacky duvet covers, fashion jewelry and pillow cases..
But at the same time, most of the clothes shown on the runway won’t make it to the stores anyway…
The stores that carry the RTW have a more classic, chic and quite bourgeois but consistent offering of separates.

Most of this, will be sold through pre-orders anyway.

It’s true tho, that the big part of their clientele is not interested in dressing that way. There’s like a starter pack of items Hermes Kelly/Birkin collectors buys outside of bags and I don’t even think clothes came to their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->