Hintmag's Feature On Veronique Branquinho's Men

I love her subtle style. :heart: The clothes are wonderful, too. :blush: I love the fact that she avoided putting logos. :woot: Which makes her a standout in menswear design, currently dominated by the rich playboy and daredevil type of fashion.

I think Veronique's clothes are not "ultra-real". Yes, they may be simple but she has these touches that make them fashion forward clothes. :flower:

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 17th, 2003 - 9:30 pm
Space,yes Bernhard is creating and being expressive but saying Branquinho or someone doing something as subtle as she does isn't, I would have to disagree. Just because it isn't necessarily visable to the eye doesn't mean one isn't pushing boundries. I think she is,very much so. Especially, in this day in age when flashing skin and showing pretentious attitudes seems to be the trend, she creates images of mystery and subversion;relying on the personalities that wear her clothes rather than just showing loads of embellishments(which I adore) and crazy forms or colorful characters. Because,sometimes those things aren't enough as people like clothes that are beautifully crafted yet easy to wear. But she certainly does has every connotation of being true realist...by being a designer for the wearer. In my mind,she still achieves innovation and creativity in her cutting skills,seam work,volume etc.,her desire is for movement and structure.

And I'm not jumping on you at all as I know everyone has their tastes but every designer has his or her own aspirations as to what is expressive and being creative...she's just more understated and inate.
I was deffinetly nto speeking about VB alone, i adore her work for women :heart: and i fidn her men's wear nice but ntohing terribly special, I was more speaking against lena's 8 idea of "reall clothes".

trust me I personaly love clotehs that are easey to wear and beatiful, i do come from the land of casual clothing ( California), what i am objecting to is this " simple" kind of style that is just following what is already in the universe, this is not to say that traditional clothing conot be done creativly, and why should desigenrs be deemed "trying to hard" when it is so dificult to be diffrent in this world of sameness?

thank you for beging so udnerstanding scott* :flower: :blush: :heart:

I think Lena,only meant real in the way that Vèronique focuses so much on the garment's craft and construction. Meaning she doesn't let frivolity interfere.

As for Bernhard,actually I think since he's gone to Paris from Antwerp,I feel he has become slightly too overexposed. I adore him tremendously but the purity of creation has sobered up too much,maybe. I still like some of his stuff,as you know,but I'm not quite as mad about his work as I used to be. I think this is what Lena was trying to say as well. Not that he's a bad designer or lacks creativity but that maybe he's lacking the purity and soul he had. I think the sales and the love maybe going to his head?

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 19th, 2003 - 6:48 am
I think Lena,only meant real in the way that Vèronique focuses so much on the garment's craft and construction. Meaning she doesn't let frivolity interfere.

. I think this is what Lena was trying to say as well. Not that he's a bad designer or lacks creativity but that maybe he's lacking the purity and soul he had.
you know me too well scott :wink:

thats exactly what i mean, BW has been a favourite but only when he desreves it.. bad collections can happen to talented designers, i want my fairy tale, kiddie BW back, his older work was fantastic :P but this 80s overload tires me to tears.

What i love about Veronique B is the way in which she respects her work and clients.

Originally posted by Lena+Dec 19th, 2003 - 3:09 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Dec 19th, 2003 - 3:09 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Dec 19th, 2003 - 6:48 am

. I think this is what Lena was trying to say as well. Not that he's a bad designer or lacks creativity but that maybe he's lacking the purity and soul he had.
you know me too well scott :wink:

thats exactly what i mean, BW has been a favourite but only when he desreves it.. bad collections can happen to talented designers, i want my fairy tale, kiddie BW back, his older work was fantastic :P but this 80s overload tires me to tears.

What i love about Veronique B is the way in which she respects her work and clients. [/b][/quote]
I think he's lost a bit of his roots lately. The traditions and folklore of Bavaria that he had so much affection for,you don't see it as much these days. It has become a bit 'too' 80's looking. Maybe even a bit lazy.

Maybe its just a hunch,but perhaps its this Capucci deal that has him a bit lost in his own collections and having just moved to Paris from perhaps the most seriously minded,grounded and focused fashion capital;it can wreak havoc on ones work. In all his imagination,it was all those elements that made his work even more loveable.

I think that respect of Branquinho also comes from being Belgian and comes from the things she took to when she was at school because it seems they all share that in common. Even Bernhard.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 18th, 2003 - 8:48 pm
I adore him tremendously but the purity of creation has sobered up too much,maybe.
i definetly agree. he lsot some of his purity. i absolutelya dore all his work, but his colelctions are seeming alittle bit the same and i just feel than he needs to mvoe on into a more inspired direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"