Hintmag's Feature On Veronique Branquinho's Men

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Scott, Dec 16, 2003.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I love her subtle style. :heart: The clothes are wonderful, too. :blush: I love the fact that she avoided putting logos. :woot: Which makes her a standout in menswear design, currently dominated by the rich playboy and daredevil type of fashion.

I think Veronique's clothes are not "ultra-real". Yes, they may be simple but she has these touches that make them fashion forward clothes. :flower:

2. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I was deffinetly nto speeking about VB alone, i adore her work for women :heart: and i fidn her men's wear nice but ntohing terribly special, I was more speaking against lena's 8 idea of "reall clothes".

trust me I personaly love clotehs that are easey to wear and beatiful, i do come from the land of casual clothing ( California), what i am objecting to is this " simple" kind of style that is just following what is already in the universe, this is not to say that traditional clothing conot be done creativly, and why should desigenrs be deemed "trying to hard" when it is so dificult to be diffrent in this world of sameness?

thank you for beging so udnerstanding scott* :flower: :blush: :heart:

3. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I think Lena,only meant real in the way that Vèronique focuses so much on the garment's craft and construction. Meaning she doesn't let frivolity interfere.

As for Bernhard,actually I think since he's gone to Paris from Antwerp,I feel he has become slightly too overexposed. I adore him tremendously but the purity of creation has sobered up too much,maybe. I still like some of his stuff,as you know,but I'm not quite as mad about his work as I used to be. I think this is what Lena was trying to say as well. Not that he's a bad designer or lacks creativity but that maybe he's lacking the purity and soul he had. I think the sales and the love maybe going to his head?

4. TrailerCouture

TrailerCouture New Member

classic with a modern edge

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

you know me too well scott :wink:

thats exactly what i mean, BW has been a favourite but only when he desreves it.. bad collections can happen to talented designers, i want my fairy tale, kiddie BW back, his older work was fantastic :P but this 80s overload tires me to tears.

What i love about Veronique B is the way in which she respects her work and clients.

6. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

you know me too well scott :wink:

thats exactly what i mean, BW has been a favourite but only when he desreves it.. bad collections can happen to talented designers, i want my fairy tale, kiddie BW back, his older work was fantastic :P but this 80s overload tires me to tears.

What i love about Veronique B is the way in which she respects her work and clients. [/b][/quote]
    I think he's lost a bit of his roots lately. The traditions and folklore of Bavaria that he had so much affection for,you don't see it as much these days. It has become a bit 'too' 80's looking. Maybe even a bit lazy.

Maybe its just a hunch,but perhaps its this Capucci deal that has him a bit lost in his own collections and having just moved to Paris from perhaps the most seriously minded,grounded and focused fashion capital;it can wreak havoc on ones work. In all his imagination,it was all those elements that made his work even more loveable.

I think that respect of Branquinho also comes from being Belgian and comes from the things she took to when she was at school because it seems they all share that in common. Even Bernhard.

7. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i definetly agree. he lsot some of his purity. i absolutelya dore all his work, but his colelctions are seeming alittle bit the same and i just feel than he needs to mvoe on into a more inspired direction.