Horror Movies?

I never ever get scared of horror movies when I'm with friends, but when I'm alone and I watch a horror film, I get scared pretty easily.
Scariest;
The Exorcist
Gothika

normally, movies don't scare me, because I know it's not real!
I don't like movies with much blood, I find it much more scarier when you can't really see the "scary"....you know what I mean?

but here are a few of my faves:
"Ring"
all the Chucky movies (I hate dolls now!!)
Copy Kill
Seven (with Brad Pitt) not really a Horror movie but Kevin Spacey scared me!!
Stigmata

can't think of more now...

Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds is one of the all time great horror films. :heart:

I also think The Exorcist is terribly overrated. The Exorcist is not a great film. It was a blockbuster of the moment, and one of the films that brought on the current front of filmmaking as business. It's a film about craftsmanship rather than art. If it had taken the time to explore the meaning of the possession, or the spiritual effects it had on people (besides just scaring the life out of them), it might have been something extra. But it's just a genre film, albeit a genre film presented in a highbrow and mainstream package.

Most horror films coming out today are mediocre like Gus Van San't Psycho.

Originally posted by ultramarine@Aug 18 2004, 04:16 AM
"Glitter" ... the only movie that would make goth people eek!
[snapback]336776[/snapback]​

glitter would make ALOT of people freak
not just goths :lol:

Originally posted by FashionVixen@Aug 16 2004, 09:22 PM
You've seen Ringu? I can't find it anywhere; I'd love to give it to my friend for X-mas because she LOVES The Ring.

I've seen it, it's a great movie, but definitely not as scary as The Ring. Maybe you can find it on Amazon, or Ebay. Your friend will probably love it. :flower:

poltrogist or however you spell it. that little girl how she was just like THEYRE COMING i was so freaked out.

"The Birds" has always scared me and I believe that it is responsible for me being deathly afraid of birds to this very day!!

Another movie that I haven't seen mentioned is "The Changeling" . This movie scared my sister and I soooo bad! It is a late 70's horror film and it is about a haunted house (haunted by a young boy)...this wheelchair that belonged to the little boy wheels around by itself and he throws a ball down the stairs....

Anyone else seen this? I think that George C. Scott was in it!

Scary as *#!!....... :cry:

Originally posted by Nemova@Aug 23 2004, 10:06 AM
I've seen it, it's a great movie, but definitely not as scary as The Ring. Maybe you can find it on Amazon, or Ebay. Your friend will probably love it. :flower:
[snapback]342553[/snapback]​

Hell-o? Ringu is a gazillion times better than The Ring ... people who has seen both versions agree that the tv&girl scene is much better in the japanese version ...

Originally posted by ultramarine@Aug 24 2004, 01:39 AM
Hell-o? Ringu is a gazillion times better than The Ring ... people who has seen both versions agree that the tv&girl scene is much better in the japanese version ...
[snapback]343224[/snapback]​

Well, not for me :wink:

Any one watched dead end? if so it was quite scary,but stupied as well,
if anyone knows what the story line was about ,thats if they was one please let me know!.
cheers

The Mothman Prophecy and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The last one my bf had the tape and i had to take it from my sight because only from seeing the cover i freaked out!!! :P

I have to say it's gonna be the Thai movie "Shutter"

It totally creeps me out and I think it is the scariest movie ever. I have seen the Ring (japanese version), The Eye, Sixth Sense, Gothika, oodles of Japanese and Korean horror shows...none ever scared me so badly.

I am really afraid to be alone in the dark..think I need at least a month to get over this.....:(

cazza said:
Any one watched dead end? if so it was quite scary,but stupied as well,
if anyone knows what the story line was about ,thats if they was one please let me know!.
cheers

I've seen that movie, pretty scary although I didn't really understand half of it. Check out the forum for the movie on IMDB - that'll help.

I like watch horrors, but watch it rarely because later i can't sleep : /
My favourite is Scream 1 and Scream 3.
I never watched The Blair Witch Preoject so far but i'll see it - my friends know it, like it and i have to know The Blair Witch Project too. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->