Horror Movies?

I love horror movies, my faves are all the Hannibal Lecter's sequels...even though they're not that horror, they're still on the top of my list... Candyman, The Exorcist, Poltergeist...

Gosh, those are not even scary, then again, I doodied myself when I saw Casper :lol: :lol:

A lot of the already named films would usually scare the sh*t out of me but I've recently overcome it all.. I can handle blood, heads getting chopped off, then eaten, etc etc.. but the only film that came into my head when I read the thread title was The Ring.. it messed with my head for days.. and is it just me but when that girl was crawling out of the television.. did it seem like she was crawling out of YOUR television at the same time?

But apart from that.. everything else is fine.

The Darkness was pretty scary with those creepy old geezers crawling on the ceiling. shudder. I'm not so much scared by vampires, werewolves or zombies. Ghosts/evil spirits really freak me out though.

Stupid Candyman gave me nightmares as a child! Don't even get me started on The Exorcist! The Entity was SCARY!! Amityville Horror...& The Ring...OMG, I dont believe in child abuse, but the little girl in that movie deserves a MASSIVE *** whooping! Geez! Oh I thought those Creepshow movies were pretty scary too :(

the candyman scared me so so much, i saw it when i was a kid and i couldnt look at a mirror for ages. scared that a man would come out and get me:ninja: this didnt help having quite a few mirrors in my room!

also saw scared me that dummy clown thing clowns scare me beyond belief.:doh: loved the twist in the movie though kept me guessing and trying to figure how the hell you could get out of that kind of situation.

or anything with a creepy little ill girl in. they just scare me looking at them!:shock:

A lot of the movies that have already been named are good:

The Others
The Ring/ Ringu
The Sixth Sense

A few other thatr may be hard to find but are REALLY scary

The Woman in Black
Black Christmas
Dark Water (Japanese film but I think they're making an american bersion)
The Bride Wore Black (French movie-made me claustrophobic)

Hmm well im a wuss so alot have made me jumpy, but mainly texas chainsaw massacre,the eye and the shining i think. But i learnt to use the mute button lol,makes them less frightening!

The Exorcist and The Ring are the scariest...

I love movies, they're one of my basic needs to stay alive, besides food and water. my fave genre is horror, I've loved it since I was a little girl. when I was four I used to get my cousins to read me this book called "Supernatural world", and then,at night I would scream my mother to come and save me, because I had nightmares. mum hated it, I loved to scare,and still do.

the best horror movies are psychological, of course.I do like 80's splatter movies sometimes, though... really good and scary movies are rare. they're either about monsters and blood (Hollywood) or then they have happy ending :sick: .good horror does not have a happy end.

some good movies:
- The Shining (Nicholson)
- Halloween (the original)
-The others
-the ring (the Hollywood version; I watched the original version, it was better in some parts (like the bodies, and killings; more realistic), but in the end, it was worse)
- psycho 2 (it's actually crap, but there's something I like)
-Silence of the Lambs
- Nightmare on elm street (not scary, but charming)
-friday 13th (or whatever's the name); it's really scary, if you watch it while you're in your summer cottage with no neighbours, the nearest village 10 km away, you have a lake near, and you're surrounded by a forest.no alarm systems or anything.big sharp knives in the kitchen, though. if you feel an urgent need to pee at night, you have to go outside...too scary to me!

I have never liked Hitchcock, I don't know why. all his movies are boring. I really wish I'd like them, but I don't.
I love to watch all horror movies, no matter are they crappy or not.I have to admit, I love teenage-horrorflicks...from Hollywood, of course.

Any horror film fans here? Are there any good new horror films coming out?

I love Horror, only two films to ever make me bug out for a minute were "The Ring" and "The Exorcism of Emily Rose".

^ What is it about? Don't tell me it's some kind of monster/slimy insects attack- film, those don't interest me at all.

To me the most frightening still is Halloween or The Shining. The Birds is pretty good too.

I adore horror and suspense films!

faves horror ones:
Saw
The Exorcist
The Shining
Poltergeist
Coma

faves suspense ones:
The Others
Secret Window
Anatomy
The Village

Im in search of more films

How did I not know this thread existed?! I'm a horror movie aficionado! I love all kinds of horror films from the cheesy to the macabre. Some that stick out in my mind:

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead (original 1978)
Day of the Dead
Land of the dead
The Crazies
(OK, anything George Romero)
Zombie (Fulci)
All Hammer films
Nosferatu
White Zombie
The Exorcist
The Grudge
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Evil Dead (I and II)
Shaun of the Dead (comedy horror counts!)
The Howling
Christine

I could keep going but I'll spare you...for now :P

^ I've yet to see Nosferatu but I really, really want to see it!

Without a doubt, Carnival of Souls (1962) is one of the more... overlooked.

^ I've yet to see Nosferatu but I really, really want to see it!

The first time I saw it was in an old theatre with live musical accompaniment - blew my mind! Definitely the way to go if you can find it.

I love horror movies.
unfortunately, I can never watch them alone and I also tend to have flashbacks when I'm home alone in the dark or something, which is not overly useful when you have to go to the bathroom...

and I swear I will die 10 years earlier because one day my tv switched itself on, and I mean all by itself, which caused me a tiny little heart attack plus a rather vivid image of samara crawling out my screen...

I'm just not tough enough but I can't stop. dilemma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->