How about your LEAST favorite movie?

jennifer~ said:
I would say the same..
..and i would always agree with you and your disaffection for naiveness..:innocent:

my recent acquisition to the thread is:
Elizabethtown :smartass:

I also saw a short film with gael garcia bernal a few weeks ago, i cant even remember the title but it was about a poor peasant who falls in love with a fairly poor girl, whose basement is filled with futuristic gadgets and time machines..ultimately they decide to escape from their ruthless parents and engage into one of those cliched car shootings. they drive so fast the car takes off eventually and flies by the clouds into a rainbow. i'm not making this up, that's how the film goes and it's supposed to be sarcastic, which might have been good in theory but in practice, it's terrible and even laughable ...not to mention both the scripts and acting are...repulsive. :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saving Christmas with Ben Affleck...I actually fell asleep, and also woke up with a different hairstyle thanks to my friend doing my hair who was also bored to death.

Nacho Libre
not even funny, why why why people were laughing in the theatre still amazes me to this day.
-_-

^ i liked it. i don't think it's supposed to be. it was very styalized, which makes me think that it was trying to make a very very subliminal point.

as for bad cinema..
too many movies to mention. i'd be as bold as to say, "anything with adam sandler"...

Me and you and everyone we know.

I hate it! Pretentious pointless crap IMO.
(..don't kill me for saying this :D)

mundane_facts said:
october sky- i have been forced to watch it like 50 times at school :yuk:

Same here! :o Elementary school, middle school and high school- it never ends!

there's that really awful movie with Jennifer Lopez playing some kind of biologist in the Amazonas area...guess it's called "Anaconda", and it's so bad it's already funny again. everything looks ridiculously unreal, the plot is just amazingly bad and the actors suck so much you almost die of laughter. not to forget the snake. the snake tops it all. too funny to be true.

wolf creek - its suppose to be a horror movie, but most of the film was just gratuitous swearing, drinking and making out.

I just suffered through Streisand and Nolte in Prince of Tides. My mother always rails on this film--she has gone on for hours detailing how much she hates it and why it's evil, wrong, and bad--but I never saw it. So I wanted to see if I'd turned into my mother yet by watching this and gauging my moral compass.

Well, in some ways I have turned into my mother, but with Attention Deficit Disorder, better technology, and less moral repugnance. After 5 minutes of viewing, I looked at the Netflix sleeve and saw this was 2 hours and 12 minutes long. Oh, boy. I made it to Blythe Danner pleading with Nick on the beach: Nick...doesn't...know...how...he...feels. It's tragic. But worse than that, it's slow.

Then, I remembered my lil' laptop's DVD program plays at 1.5x speed. Without all the deeply meaningful pregnant pauses, I got to the gravy/catharsis nearly pissing myself in delight: the pedophile r*pe scene, the crying into the Healing Arms of Barbra scene--football! violins!-- then the five consecutive ghastly Nolte/Streisand soul-redeeming sex scenes (her *** in the city! her *** in tube socks in a cabin! her *** on the grass! The nipple of Nolte!), finally... Lowenstein, Lowenstein...the End!

I don't think I've laughed harder at an unintentional comedy, except maybe at the end of Richard Harris in The Field, when all the cows fell off the Irish cliff in slow motion. The line "We can't run off like tinkers!" stands in my memory eternally. Me and the drunken mob I came in with nearly got kicked out for laughing, but it was the end of the movie...we had one cinemagoer complain to management and our to our drunken mob vez a vezes that we'd ruined their poignant filmgoing experience. Cows falling in slow motion..."We can't run off like tinkers" (they were tinkers)...in a film about Famine! Cows in slow motion! Famine!---laugh? cry? Piss yourself? Eat your children?--thank God it's only a movie. I vote laugh!

So I can't say it was my least favorite, really. More of the Craptacular! variety. I think it would be a good first date movie to sort out if you and the other person are in anyway intended for each other, as it's good to know if someone's out-of-body-transcedent-kairos-entering-film-orgy is your Keystone Kops. Both experiences are not mutually exclusive to each other, but it's hard to communicate clearly.

Goodnight.

MulletProof said:
..and i would always agree with you and your disaffection for naiveness..:innocent:
You're wholly correct... in fact, I'd always agree with your diagnosis... :P

I've just been thinking about The Shawshank Redemption, and how awful I thought it was... the 'storytime' narration drove me crazy, the ending had me raising a cynical brow and its Hollywood-heartwrencher ambitions couldn't have been disguised more thinly as a prison story... :ninja: I generally hate whining over bad movies, but SR truly deserves to be removed from every Top 100 list in existance, and my work is far from over.. :lol:

jennifer~ said:
I've just been thinking about The Shawshank Redemption, and how awful I thought it was... the 'storytime' narration drove me crazy, the ending had me raising a cynical brow and its Hollywood-heartwrencher ambitions couldn't have been disguised more thinly as a prison story... :ninja: I generally hate whining over bad movies, but SR truly deserves to be removed from every Top 100 list in existance, and my work is far from over.. :lol:
^ :shock: I think you're the first person I've met to hate "The Shawshank Redemption". That's perfectly fine though, as it's your opinion and I respect it. I will disagree though; I thought that movie was amazing, especially the ending! That last closing shot was my favorite in the film. It's my third favorite movie of all time (after Pulp Fiction and The Godfather), and I've never seen Tim Robbins or Morgan Freeman act better than they have in this one. It is, imo, the best movie based on a Stephen King story.

Anyway, my least favorite film is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I thought I was going to die of boredom. Or if that didn't do me in, then the atrocious acting or the dumb writing or the inane cheesy effects would do it. It's a perfect example of a movie that "tries too hard" and ends up falling on its face.

I've also had the unfortunate opportunity to watch some Hilary Duff movies (because I babysit sometimes) and I have to say they are incredibly painful to sit through. Avoid "Raise Your Voice", "The Perfect Man", and "A Cinderella Story" like the plague. She is one of the worst actresses in existence - someone cashing in on her looks rather than her talent (or lack thereof).

xtine888 said:
^ :shock: I think you're the first person I've met to hate "The Shawshank Redemption". That's perfectly fine though, as it's your opinion and I respect it. I will disagree though; I thought that movie was amazing, especially the ending! That last closing shot was my favorite in the film. It's my third favorite movie of all time (after Pulp Fiction and The Godfather), and I've never seen Tim Robbins or Morgan Freeman act better than they have in this one. It is, imo, the best movie based on a Stephen King story.
Don't worry, I'm almost always the one with the unpopular opinion on a movie, if one is to be found. I realize people do enjoy hearing a good, old-fashioned story, and I'll accept the fact that the movie probably succeeds in that respect. It just fell kinda flat with me, not because I expected something more like The Shining :smile:lol: -_-), but probably because I found it formulaic and therefore, never terribly sincere. But just for you, I promise to loathe Hitchhiker's Guide whenever I get around to watching :P

Although I adore Johnny and I usually like his films, I hated The Libertine.
I had huge expectations and when it was over all I could think was what a waster. Samantha Morton is just awful, she annoyed through the whole crap time the film lasts. Johnny Depp's character starts by being far too interesting and ends in grateful disgusting way.

I just hated it.

Plus, there is a soft spot in my hate list for Mulholland Drive. Lynch is purely amazing but this film was just oh well. Far too pretentious and complicated and overrated. Maybe I just didn't get it but who actually did? I mean, what is there to get? Farfetched.

Eraserhead is exquisite, Blue Velvet beautiful, The Straight Story one of the best, Elephant Man truly touching, Mulholland Drive awful.
I wasn't too fond of Lost Highway but atleast it isn't so overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->