How many films from the iMDb top 250 have you seen?

saann

I don't know
Reaction score
A few years back me and a friend of mine made a bet during early spring that whoever could watch the most films out of the iMDb top 250 films come summertime wins. We had to stop the bet halfway through though because it got in the way of our studies and work. :P

But I'm taking up that goal again and I looked at the list and as of today I have watched 136 films out of the 250.

I thought it would be fun to see how many everyone have watched.

You can find the list here, keep in mind that it changes from time to time.

So far I've noticed that there are a TON of male centric movies, lots of war movies and lots of crime films with quite a few film noir types featured. I've also noticed that people are generally nicer when voting on older or non-american films, hence the high rating of Casablanca? But I can't help but not find it all that great looking at it with todays eyes but I understand the significance it had during its time.

I watched 121. I have to watch more old movies, from the 50´s and older :smile:

85...there are a lot of movies on that list that I've only seen about 10 minutes of, so I didn't count them.

Wow, I'm so lame...I've only watched 66. Few months ago I started watching really old classic movies that for some reason I had never watched like Casablanca and The wizard of Oz..I was on a mission to see all top 100 movies of all time from MrShowbiz...clearly I have failed.

48 :rofl:

I don't really like watching movies and usually fall asleep half-way through. And I never watch movies alone anymore.
But I could cross off more on that list than on the All Time Box Office list as I've never even seen movies like Avatar and Titanic. It helps that so many Hitchcock movies are amongst the best rated ones because I used to be obsessed with those when I was a kid. I think I've seen all of them. The rest is mainly guys' flicks - Aliens, Star Wars, Back To The Future, etc. - which comes from growing up with two brothers and watching that kind of movies with them.

I watched 110... gosh, still long way to go...

63 :innocent:

Looooong way to go. Couple there that I saw like the first 10-20 minutes and didn't like but I didn't count them.

87, I'm not sure, there some I *think* I might have seen, but can't remember entirely, so I don't count those since I probably fell asleep during those... *cough-casablanca-cough*
What made me lol was the revelation that I've seen every Disney, Pixar and all other animated movies on the list, except for Up - haven't seen the last 10 or so minutes of that one :lol:

I didn't count the ones I only saw partially or the ones that I couldn't remember if I saw them in full or not.

31??!!!

must be some sort of a record. i suck at watching films, especially the popular ones.

24:ninja: Only counted ones where I remember seeing the beginning and end scenes and assuming everything else in between. There was a point where I thought I wouldn't make double digits lol.

Maybe we should do the book challenge thing with these films? There's loads on that list that I want to watch but I have to will myself to watch it.

Unless I just forgot the number, 52. I don't think I'm going to make it a goal to see most of the ones I haven't since most of them are not on my list of movies I want to see.

There are 12 films I haven't yet seen - and mostly recent ones as well - but I have been alive for several decades, so I've had chance to catch a lot of movies in my time, I've seen most of these films 'worth watching' because they've been shown on TV over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->